What's new

Goro Night Fights 3.0! SoCal MKX Tournament Results/Videos

Goro has four of which of these things?

• Total voters

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Goro Night Fights 3.0

SoCal had a decently long hiatus without any locals, but we were fortunate enough to bring you Goro Night Fights 3.0! (No Goros were harmed in the making of this tournament.)

Featuring players such as EGP Krayzie, Immortal Angel (top 16 at ESL this week, cheer for him!), IKizzle, Awesomo, Hitbox Godspeed, and more, GNF 3.0 was a good look into some of SoCal's best players and their current playstyles.

Highlights

• First look at the SoCal competition since Northwest Majors.
  • Every match was 3/5 and streamed, so lots to watch.
  • Lots of @IKizzLE 's awesome Shotgun Jacqui.
  • No Kung Jins! Yay!
  • Good footage of @Awesomo 's cage, who placed well at NWM, but didn't have his pools streamed.
  • ESL Commentator Hitbox Godspeed joins us.
  • No Slayer because he moved to Atlanta????
  • Brothers Zodiac and Immortal Angel have to eliminate each other as is SoCal tradition.
Results

1. EGP Wonder_Chef (Balanced Kenshi, Possessed Kenshi)
2. EGP @Krayzie (Swarm Queen D'vorah)
3. Immortal Angel (Inferno Scorpion, Buzzsaw Kung Lao)
4. @IKizzLE (Shotgun Jacqui Briggs)
5. Zodiac (Grandmaster Sub Zero)
5. EGP @Awesomo (A-List Johnny Cage, Pumped Up Jax)
7. FS Sittingbull (Outlaw Erron Black)
7. Hitbox_Godspeed (Dragon's Fire Liu Kang, Master of Souls Ermac)

9. @Soyelmejor (Thunder God Raiden)
9. EGP @Red Reaper (Hellfire Scorpion, Heavy Weapons Jax)

Bracket: http://challonge.com/gnf3

Videos

Grand Finals

Losers Finals

Winners Finals

Youtube Playlist:

Everyone in SoCal be sure to attend the huge EGP Ranking Battles happening this Sunday, May 17! And if you can't, be sure to watch it at http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp

Information thread: http://testyourmight.com/threads/may-17-2015-egp-bi-weekly-ranked-battles-laguna-hills-ca.51215/

I think you made a mistake. There aren't any king jins in your top spots. TYM keeps telling me he's only got 10-0 matchups. Was he banned?

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
@Slips also won GBS with cyborg several times. Doesn't mean cyborg wasn't horrible.

Kenshi is still bad. Winning locals early in the games life tells you literally nothing about a character's longer term viability.

snort

Noob
@Slips also won GBS with cyborg several times. Doesn't mean cyborg wasn't horrible.

Kenshi is still bad. Winning locals early in the games life tells you literally nothing about a character's longer term viability.
then how can you say he's bad if it's "early"? he could be even better in the long run.

Slymind

Noob
Can someone give me the time stamp for Ikizzle Jaqui's? i would like to see that, i recall his Sektor being dope back then.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Can someone give me the time stamp for Ikizzle Jaqui's? i would like to see that, i recall his Sektor being dope back then.
The last video on the original post is a youtube playlist with every match from the tournament. TYM embeds it now, and I don't know how to not embed it =/ Just click on the thing to view it on youtube though.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Agreed. Seeing shit like that is more of a testament to just how good of a player he is. Same with Chef, Pig, etc. Chris G just got 2nd with Ancestral. Hell, you can even go back to old school stuff like JOP's TTT Jacks!

Just shows how great the players are.