What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio

Kokomo
I haven't seen anyone talk about Goro's biggest buff yet........Speed bag brutality doesn't require winning 2-0 anymore!
Tigrar Fury's flame breath brutality is way easier now as long as the first hit kills, it activates, which is sick compared to before where all three hits had to hit to activate.

I didn't notice the speed bag brutality buff till you just pointed it out aside from the punch walk and fireball buff, those are easily my third/fourth faves.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
The more I played, the more I couldn't justify using anything but Tigrar Fury at this point.

While the fireball buff was across all three, only Tigrar has a viable fireball, which is an invaluable tool that might be constantly undervalued.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
What set plays are you guys doing after a connected d4?

Other characters can capitalise on it with some sort of run up 50/50, but Goro can't because his run is too slow.

Best I've come up with is rcf3 which leads to a pw/SG mix up
I almost always do D4 xx punchwalk.It doesn't combo, but from long range many players aren't expecting it so they aren't fast enough to block the punchwalk. If they're hit you can MB on reaction now for a full combo and if they block you're safe for a pseudo mix up.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I haven't seen anyone talk about Goro's biggest buff yet........Speed bag brutality doesn't require winning 2-0 anymore!

That AND chest lunge brutality on KW, does not require Goro having above 50% of his life to do it now. It only requires 5 dashes. I fucking love that brutality...

Has anybody here even tried to main DF?
I can assure you it's not as difficult as you would imagine, provided you love poking people into oblivion. Kuatan and Tigrar definitely are more balanced for other playstyles and mindgames, but DF still has a lot of heat to dish out.

Also, GORO WINNING A MAJOR.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
What are some of the things you guys like to do on corner knockdowns (preferably after shokan grab)? I usually mix up between 3,D3 or B3 into punch walk.

If they start doing delay wakeup, I do 1,1. SG is +28 and 1,1 comes out in 25 frames and is active for 4 so it's a perfect meaty that's +2. And there isn't a lot of blockstun so the opponent has to make a really quick decision whether to jump out of the incoming shokan grab or block the incoming normal/string.

Also, I'm not sure of the frames on delayed wakeup, but it seems like if you 1,1 and they delay wakeup, you're somewhere around +7 to +9. I'll test it more thorough when I get home, but if it works like I'm thinking, it may be a good knockdown option against normal AND delayed wakeups.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Depends on the character and what the opponents been doing, but I do a lot 3d3, b1~punchwalk, f214~punchwalk(meter building). If I think they might delay wake up I often do a meaty d1~grab so if they don't delay they have to deal with the tick throw and if they delay the throw doesn't come out and the d1 isn't whiff punishable and you can still u1 if they try to jump out of the corner or whatever. Depending on their wake ups you sometimes gotta do ex-punchwalk. I'll use non-ex punchwalk too just because it'll hit meaty on all 3 wake up windows and the post-blocked punchwalk meta is pretty good for Goro in the corner.
I usually wait to start throwing out raw grabs on wake up until they're really solidly conditioned to not hit buttons.

11 sounds really good. I'll mess with it later

Can anyone explain the pros to Dragon Fangs compared to the other variations and what matchups are preferable for DF? I'm not very knowledgeable on that variation.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Can anyone explain the pros to Dragon Fangs compared to the other variations and what matchups are preferable for DF? I'm not very knowledgeable on that variation.
Dragon fangs has the best mixup out of all the variations and is really plus if ex. The good part about about the low is it is only -8 so hard to punish, ex and plus 12 like i said if ex and if u down one after words your opponent cant armor through or you could do something else that they can only armor through but they will most likely press buttons. If you do armor fang spin is does more than punch walk if you get it on hit or block and if it connects you can get 35 or 36 percent out of it. His command grab may scale more but by itself and for most combos does 2 percent more. Also fang spin is harder to jump out of, he also has 212 which is plus 2 on block. His down 1 and other strings look like they have more range(maybe its cosmetic only) but i think it adds a little more range. Like i said his mixups are good for example, he has and overhead low, a high low, double low, mid low, pretty much you can do a low at any point when your doing a string.

Dragon fangs has the best mixup out of all the variations and is really plus if ex. The good part about about the low is it is only -8 so hard to punish, ex and plus 12 like i said if ex and if u down one after words your opponent cant armor through or you could do something else that they can only armor through but they will most likely press buttons. If you do armor fang spin is does more than punch walk if you get it on hit or block and if it connects you can get 35 or 36 percent out of it. His command grab may scale more but by itself and for most combos does 2 percent more. Also fang spin is harder to jump out of, he also has 212 which is plus 2 on block. His down 1 and other strings look like they have more range(maybe its cosmetic only) but i think it adds a little more range. Like i said his mixups are good for example, he has and overhead low, a high low, double low, mid low, pretty much you can do a low at any point when your doing a string.

Great explanation! DF sounds pretty good too then. So in a scenario where you wanna armor through someone's counterpoke it's much better to use his ex 2nd punchwalk rather than the universal ex punchwalk?

Quick note that I'm guessing more Goros already knew, but I haven't seen this anywhere- Goro's dash is faster than his run. So one thing Goro players need to get used to make the most of this is: dash (wait for dash animation to complete) > Block to run. Still not nearly as fast as a good run, but actually pretty decent.

The other thing about this is that you be doing it even if you don't need much extra distance, because the block button also cancels the recovery frames of the dash, so you basically make Goro's dash *faster* by hitting block at the end of it. Dash,block,f+3 is a great way to cross 2/3 of the screen into a mid attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.