What's new

Good Way to Do the 2 Dash 2 Dash 2 Dash Carry Consistently?

arydious

Noob
Nice combos mikemetroid, Looks like ill have to spend more time in training with JC, so far i have done very little with him. As far as consistently hitting the dash 2's, i think it just takes time and practice. I had given up on hitting them, then i decided to try it one more time and landed them, then i found out ending with the 44 at the end got hard but i eventually got it in time lol

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Most of Cage's combos is annoying to do Online, I drop the inputs some how and always seem to not do the dick punch after the 44.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Most of Cage's combos is annoying to do Online, I drop the inputs some how and always seem to not do the dick punch after the 44.
My exact thoughts as of 5 minutes ago, attempting to play JC online really pisses me off. I'm looking to get off the Reptile/Easymac bandwagon online, but they're pretty online viable unfortunately. I caught a jump in with B3 earlier, and I couldn't even capitalize on that with the 11 strings. That became the indicator that JC isn't much fun online. And yeah, I drop the 44 nut punches at least 1/3 times online, I hate that.

Maybe it's time to just save up for a stick and switch to 3SOE; I'm down to play MK locally, but that's not in the works...yet.

arydious

Noob
Yeah i really dont think JC is a viable option for online play, lag will just destroy him. Local though he is awesome. Without knowing anything but his special moves i was able to tear some people up. Admitting i did spam his upwards knee a lot lol

sLeeK

Noob
<----- online warrior

I agree with everything you guys have stated about cages nut punch combo's. His 21F2 dash xx F3 xx nutpunch is his easiest mid screen for resets... the connection has to be 100% smooth and even then it is iffy I pull it off. Offline I can land that all day..

His anti air 1 11 44 then his bnbs B+3/F+4 11 11 44 nutpunch is a breeze and if I use 21F2 44 shadow kick is more consistent then ending with nutpunch (I could be wrong, but that is how it seems) Then I close the gap and start his block strings. Two questions..

1. Any word on a netcode tweak coming in the next patch?
2. Is kang any easier online to use online vs cage(not going to give up on cage though, I'm not a quitter :D)?

GNG Iniquity

Yeah i really dont think JC is a viable option for online play, lag will just destroy him. Local though he is awesome.
Yeah, I'm really enjoying the character, but yeesh...he is not lag friendly in the least. I hate having to just accept sticking to 11s online, I can pull off the dash 2s offline perfectly. His frametraps aren't as effective either online, so it seems. I do catch a lot of people online with just F4 though, since a good 60% of online players don't know what a mid is. Then they accuse me of spamming. I've developed terrible online habits with Reptile by playing online, I don't want to do the same with JC.

1. Any word on a netcode tweak coming in the next patch?
2. Is kang any easier online to use online vs cage(not going to give up on cage though, I'm not a quitter :D)?
1. I honestly think this is as good as they're going to get it, unfortunately. I really hope Capcom will now set the standard by deciding on GGPO for 3SOE.

2. Yes, Kang is easier. There's reasons for this. His combos are simple, his rushdown is good, he has very good zoning, and he has EX armor on his flying kick to get in. Now, I'm not saying that JC is bad, but online he seems to suffer and Kang just has more tools.

i recently converted to stick and i say johnnys b+3, dash 2, dash 2, 44 nut punch is much harder to do on the stick for some reason, dashing is the hardest part for me.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
People come here for help, not sarcastic, condescending remarks. Constructive tips minus the part where you make them sound like a scrub because they are having trouble with the juggle isn't really necessary.
I actually don't think he was being sarcastic. I'm not sure how many people here play Tekken, but when you do combos in that game, you are most likely ALWAYS pressing forward when you do your dash combos. I tend to do that as well, I press 2, dash, F2 a lot. It's embedded in my brain from Tekken. I thought his post helped a lot

Fenro

Nordic myth
There really isn´t any other option but to develop your finger reflexes to let go of the forward button just before doing 2. it took me a good 3-5 days to master it so it comes out at 90% consistency.

There really isn´t any other option but to develop your finger reflexes to let go of the forward button just before doing 2. it took me a good 3-5 days to master it so it comes out at 90% consistency.
This is exactly my problem. Just can't seem to get my thumb off the forward button. I usually go into training for about an hour a day, just to practice the dash 2 combo. I'm blaming it on my old man hands until I get the combo nailed.

GNG Iniquity

You can also throw a 11 between the 2s if it's easier on you. Does like 1% less damage, adds up though I suppose. Some online matches I can do the 2 dash, some I can't. Occasionally there's matches where I can't even do 11 online.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Oddly enough the dash 2 dash 2 thing has come pretty easy to me, but doing the Nut Punch itself is hard (Ive been playing Cage for 2 or 3 days now). Im at the point where I can land the juggle easily when Im on the left side but on the right side I cant do it to save my life, curse NRS and their weird input for nut punch!

As far as getting the juggle part down, practice doing dash 2 twice. When you can do that consistently transition over to 3 times.

You have to learn to buffer or his nut punch will fail almost always is what I learned while playing him online or offline. Instead of just hitting..

4,4,nut punch
you need to..
4,back+4,down+3

You should consider this for all his strings. Whatever the last input is for your string, enter back+input than down+3. Where back+down+3 = nut punch.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I can't for the life of me juggle my opponent with the 2 instead of 1,1, between dashes. I've seen people do it consistently and damn near perfect, but when I try it either the second or the 3rd hit will go into F2... Is there a trick to this or just lots and lots of practice?
I try to press the d-pad forward button like it would be a normal button. Press it like you'd never have to hold it (for walking for instance). Press f,f,2,f,f,2 not ff,2,ff,2. I hope you get the point :)

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
So is the dash 2 now considered the new bnb? Also does anybody else have a problem online where you go to punish a teleport, with a back 3. When you launch them with the back3 I dash in to do 2 dash 2 dash 2, 44, nut. However, I usually dash underneath them. I have never had this problem offline. WTF

sLeeK

Noob
So is the dash 2 now considered the new bnb? Also does anybody else have a problem online where you go to punish a teleport, with a back 3. When you launch them with the back3 I dash in to do 2 dash 2 dash 2, 44, nut. However, I usually dash underneath them. I have never had this problem offline. WTF
Yeah I use to have that problem.. when I block smokes tele/ermacs/scorpions etc. I use F+4 2, 2, 44 xx nutpunch if I'm playing a guy with a smoother connection I'll throw in that extra 2. Pretty sure F+4 2, 2, 2, 44 xx nutpunch does more damage vs the B+3 2, 2, 2 xx nutpunch

I only use B+3 for anti air that leads to a free combo or to mix it up while I have the block strings going. Cage is a beast and I pray this patch won't hinder him to much :\

this combo is quite hard ,and we all know that the xbox controller is bad for fighting games, however i can nail the 2 dash 2 ,44 nut punch quite easily but the third 2 is never consistent because ur opponent falls so fast after it ,but if you use 1,1 instead of the last 2 it will be way more easy for 1 % less damage ,give it a try.

btw you can any of his bnbs with ex-nut punch ,hope i helped.

It's not very difficult once you get it down. I've gotten three dash 2s into 4,4 into nut punch lots of times in online matches.

I find the trick is to treat f f 2 as if it was a special move input. Don't look for the dash, then look for position, then poke, then look for when you can dash again. Learn the rhythm until you can literally do it with your eyes closed (literally), then once you're comfortable with that, use your eyes to tweak the juggle timing and choices based on the situation. For example you might be slightly late and want to replace 4, 4 with f+3 into nut punch so that the punch doesn't whiff.

Also I think Playstation pads are the worst controllers on any popular system. I'd rather do multiple dashes on an NES d-pad. I used to be terrible at quick dashes on a stick but they've been no problem at all since I got my Hitbox: http://www.hitboxarcade.com/

sLeeK

Noob
It's not very difficult once you get it down. I've gotten three dash 2s into 4,4 into nut punch lots of times in online matches.

I find the trick is to treat f f 2 as if it was a special move input. Don't look for the dash, then look for position, then poke, then look for when you can dash again. Learn the rhythm until you can literally do it with your eyes closed (literally), then once you're comfortable with that, use your eyes to tweak the juggle timing and choices based on the situation. For example you might be slightly late and want to replace 4, 4 with f+3 into nut punch so that the punch doesn't whiff.

Also I think Playstation pads are the worst controllers on any popular system. I'd rather do multiple dashes on an NES d-pad. I used to be terrible at quick dashes on a stick but they've been no problem at all since I got my Hitbox: http://www.hitboxarcade.com/
Out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get down hitboxing? (I don't know how to say without making myself look like an idiot LOL..) I've been playing on a four year old sixaxis PS3 controller, buttons don't work properly etc. I need something else asap.

Maybe it's time to just save up for a stick and switch to 3SOE; I'm down to play MK locally, but that's not in the works...yet.
From what I've heard, if you like playing online, don't buy OE.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get down hitboxing? (I don't know how to say without making myself look like an idiot LOL..) I've been playing on a four year old sixaxis PS3 controller, buttons don't work properly etc. I need something else asap.
It was fast, even faster than I was expecting. I was landing B&Bs within the first hour and within 2 or 3 days I'd say my execution was better than on a stick. The thumb button for up is not nearly as hard to adapt to as you'd expect either.

The trick is to learn a new game with it. I picked mine up at the same time I started learning MK. That way you're not fighting your existing muscle memory. I was primarily a Marvel player before and switching from a stick on that made me feel like I was playing with my elbows, but even then it didn't take that long. Once I did get comfortable I was capable of things I wasn't before, like backwards wavedashing, consistent jump cancels, diagonal accuracy (never getting f d df coming out as qcf for example), and instant air moves at minimum height.

My capture card is arriving soon, once it is I'm probably going to post a Hitbox exhibition for a couple games and explain the slightly unusual button layouts I use which make it more ergonomic. I could make a thread for it when I do if anyone's interested.

sLeeK

Noob
Awesome I have been dieing to see actual game play of a hitbox. I am really curious to see how you execute bnbs etc.