What's new

Good Milleena Pressure?

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
I often find myself struggling to control space, other than iAS's and poking with D+4.
I've tried coming up with block string pressure. Similar to Cage's pressure game and Kung Lao's 2,4, db+2.
Does ayone have any decent and or efficient pressure games with Mileena?
The best I've come up with was:
{on block}
1, sia, c.1, sai, 1, sai, d+4, sai -repeat

The opponent can duck after 1 and punish. which is enough to break the entire string.
Any Thought?

Blocked U4 immediately followed by 42.

42 followed by D1/D3, followed by another 42. If the opponent tries to cross you up, the 2 pushes you far enough to whiff it. If you're just D1/D3ing, then you can AA his cross up with a D1 into Roll into combo.

B1 followed by D1/D3, followed by B1/B14. B14 also creates good D4 distance on block.

11, followed by D1/D3, followed by one of the above strings.

A blocked 234 gives you good D4 space on block and can be canceled into Sai.

If your opponent is standing, mix in ground Sai for a safe option (Depending on the string) to catch anyone who lets go of block after one of your strings and to do 2% chip/build additional meter.

Mix in with cross ups and dash throw attempts. D4 followed by throw is a good example. In my opinion, B3 and U4 are too slow when not used in a jump in. And her 42 string is probably my favorite.

You can also potentially do a low poke, dash back, and punish their low poke attempt with a Roll.

guys I have problem with Mileena and her block strings. Basicly she is doing: D4,4 2, dash D4, 4 2 etc...
I just can't get out. What should I do ? thanks

Somberness

Lights
guys I have problem with Mileena and her block strings. Basicly she is doing: D4,4 2, dash D4, 4 2 etc...
I just can't get out. What should I do ? thanks
4 can be jumped easily if you are blocking the d4, you even have some slight advantage to do so. 4 is only about 14 frames, maybe 15 from further out so any character can interrupt it. You could use any mid/low attack faster than her 12 frame d4 after the the 2 to stop it there. Her pressure is so limited while standing so you just got to keep the pressure on to shut it down. Just got to be careful of the roll when you do that.

Doctor_Rouse

Mileena Player
ok so I've tried putting pressure with some of these pressure games that you guys provided but everytime I would get jumped over. It really suck without a doubt. I'll neutrul jump but it doesn't seem to work very well. I do however see that teleport works like a charm and a punish will sais into an easy roll. Just keeping that in mind fellas.

ok so I've tried putting pressure with some of these pressure games that you guys provided but everytime I would get jumped over. It really suck without a doubt. I'll neutrul jump but it doesn't seem to work very well. I do however see that teleport works like a charm and a punish will sais into an easy roll. Just keeping that in mind fellas.
If you're getting jumped over... that means you're doing exactly what you should be doing with Mileena. This is the result you want, cause Mileena preys on the airborne. Her pressure works by using her blockstrings to get them to hold guard for free throws, and to get them to jump out for free... well.. everything else she has. Try doing a hard edge (instant) jumpkick after getting a string blocked. (ie: 112~instant jumpkick... or 4,2~Instant jumpkick) You'll catch them jumping more often than not, allowing for jumpkick~tele~sai~roll combos. I sometimes burn meter for EX Telekick after things like B1,4 and 1,1,2 on block as well.

As for anyone else wondering about this topic. PimpUigi put together a guide for things like this and combos and stuff in the ADVANCED MILEENA GUIDE thread.