What's new

Tech GL's Damage Output

Man...

Marvel games have no combo breakers, and damage can be infinite at times...but yet MvC2 is among the greatest FGs of all time.

CvS2's damage is pretty intense as well at times. No breakers, either.

KOFXIII is considered the best fighter out atm. No breakers, damage is HIGH AS FUCK.

Virtua Fighter, Tekken, SFxT, etc. The list goes on and on and on...there are plenty of games where the damage is high, without breakers, and this isn't a problem.

Guys gotta step outside of MK9 for a little bit. :/
I creamed. From dat knowledge.

LI_Joe

Noob
Without trying hard you are looking at around 50% with some bar. The thing is your ability to hit and score a lift is pretty easy haha. Hal is oooofff!

Made me laugh that in the iOS version of the game green lantern has way better damage than most off the other characters i have unlocked.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
It has been established that GL lost a lot of damage in the day 1 patch. He gained a safe string in to launcher though (I don't know what the string is, but it is the low kick in to launcher). It has been shown and discussed a lot on LI Joe's stream, and it turns out the string used to be interuptabel but safe on block, but now it is un interuptabel and safe on block (-4). It seems pretty easy to visually confirm the launch hitting and doing lift/trait cancel->lift.

But it seems GL has trouble reaching 50% even with 2 bars used in a combo now.

Remote15

Noob
It has been established that GL lost a lot of damage in the day 1 patch. He gained a safe string in to launcher though (I don't know what the string is, but it is the low kick in to launcher). It has been shown and discussed a lot on LI Joe's stream, and it turns out the string used to be interuptabel but safe on block, but now it is un interuptabel and safe on block (-4). It seems pretty easy to visually confirm the launch hitting and doing lift/trait cancel->lift.

But it seems GL has trouble reaching 50% even with 2 bars used in a combo now.
That's better for me. His damage was honestly, a bit too high. Especially considering how it could be done from an anti-air in the form of his EX lift.

He has a lot of ways to start his combos, and they look very flashy. And that's fine with me.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is so dumb, but when mk or any NRS game has an inf..its garbage. People just hate on NRS and the thing is that is an American game.
In KOF's defense, it took FOREVER to find this infinite. The game had been in arcades long before it hit consoles and was only found a month ago.

But yes, every game has their problems.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Man...

Marvel games have no combo breakers, and damage can be infinite at times...but yet MvC2 is among the greatest FGs of all time.

CvS2's damage is pretty intense as well at times. No breakers, either.

KOFXIII is considered the best fighter out atm. No breakers, damage is HIGH AS FUCK.

Virtua Fighter, Tekken, SFxT, etc. The list goes on and on and on...there are plenty of games where the damage is high, without breakers, and this isn't a problem.

Guys gotta step outside of MK9 for a little bit. :/
I gotta get back KOF, I've been really itching to learn how to play that game. It's gawlike! Athena is da sheeeeet!

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I'm fine with high damage (obviously, being a cyrax player) but this type of damage has been around and existed in many great, tournament viable games for many years. Sf2WW, Super Turbo, and all the other ones THTB mentioned... In St, your fireball got jumped? Cool, you're eating a 50% combo that dizzies you, they do it again and you're done. Of course this against an expert, which is what game balance must cater to.

. 02

Sent from my phone, using the keypad.

LI_Joe

Noob
he gets around 50 with 2 bars without the trait. There is something called trait cancelling but it seems to scale damage a lot. You can do a combo that launches, press trait, then cancel trait into lift. Probably possible to get more damage. I havent really messed with it. Obviously using stage can get more damage.

that string is 100% conformable. Its the best use of trait cancelling ive seen where you can easily get more damage out of that specific situation

your 2 bar combos such as MB rocket, MB lift, B3, jumping 3, 223~lift that do 54% in the pirated build will now do 40%. you can get 34%-39% with 1 bar after MB rocket, or spend the extra bar for the 1%-6% extra damage.

Same thing for combos like MB lift, B3, jumping 2, B23~MB rocket, 223~lift for 53% in your build, that does 42% now.