What's new

GLoR's MK10 brainstorming (oh boy)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Characters:
- A roster voted for other than the core favourites. (Raiden, Kitana, Scorp, Sub are obviously in but I'm not about to make this a debate, point being, vote for characters so we don't get Jarek instead of Jax and Mokap instead of Quanchi or whatever.)
- Bosses unlocked and playable, balanced for their strength.
Big Cheese: Shinnok - his own moveset!!
Smaller Cheese: Moe - bigger, tougher, a lot better, but he smells way worse than Smoke will ever.

Game Modes:
Story - Hire a professional writer, yo. Multi-choice action where your decisions influence the outcome. A bit like shaolin monks was, but you can do fatalities, use your specials, and it doesn't have to be 2 days long and incredibly fancy if it feels like you got to slaughter and went through a story you will want to see other aspects of as well. Freedom is key!
Team Story - Yep. Please. Allow up to like four players to wander into the world of MK and slaughter adversaries together as a group.
Survival - Yeah. Just, bring it.
Tag - Well some people like this.
Tag survival - Mhm.

Game Mechanics:
- Projectile trades.
- True 3d and jumping made risky. (Insta-ringout for example if you mess it up. No more bunny hops.)
- Frame data consolidated (a balance for blocked moves all being properly punishable by all of the cast. Characters whose moves are safe on block deal less damage, characters which deal more damage have no safety, their block advantage all requires meter. )
- A no-bullshit netcode that doesn't transmit everybody's underwear size twice a second to everybody else.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Motaro is dead and will probably never come back. He was killed off screen for a reason.

Game is not going back to 3D.

Your story ideas are weird, are you saying it should play like SM? If so, no, SM and MK fighting games should stay separate.

Motaro's dead, Kitana's dead and Sub-Zero's (Kuai Liang and seemingly Bi-Han/Noob) dead. Bringing any of them back would be hard to pull off without seeming lazy.

Keep it 2.5D. The 3D MK's are looked down upon for a reason.

Other than these two things, I have no problem with your ideas. I'd personally wanna see a MK : Decepetion style Konquest mode be made the "Story Mode" but if they were to make it like Shaolin Monks, that'd be just as cool.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Motaro is dead and will probably never come back. He was killed off screen for a reason.

Game is not going back to 3D.

Your story ideas are weird, are you saying it should play like SM? If so, no, SM and MK fighting games should stay separate.
These are my ideas, I'll let NRS decide if they'll even read or consider any of it.

have a nice day.