What's new

Question - Mournful Glaive glitch cost me a tournament + other things

Hi,

So i was playing last night, repping my girl Kitana and her best variation 'Mounful'. Playing a RM Lifter for a spot at top 4. As you can see, I threw EX Glaive when I failed to continue the combo, here I was thinking ok, it will come back and i can chip damage him. But low and behold, the glaive didn't like me enough to come back.

I am not in front of a system right now but it's either a glitch where the glaive doesn't come back for some reason or EX Glaive has to hit a body to come back. Anyone confirm?

--Use Video below to show what i mean--
EX Glaive with no return (1:14:20 mark)

Timed d4 on some characters makes EX glaive miss (12:40 mark) I saw this a lot in MK9 but I think for using 1 bar, they shouldn't be able to do this in MKX.

Another glitch thing that happened is when you do EX Shadow Kick, for some reason, it goes through their bodies when ducking. It's in my match below, just not sure which match.

Catch my Kitana Mournful matches here:

NeoRussell

Last edited:

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Maybe NRS didn't want EX glaive to be used as a combo breaker?

In MK9 when i used Jade, I specifically missed first hit of EX Glaive on purpose to make them jump or contain them in the corner for counter hits. Are the Glaive rules different here? This Jadana Struggle.

NeoRussell

May 14th:

• Kitana (Mournful) – Glaive Throw no longer disables blocking removing a possible infinite combo.
• Kitana (Mournful) – Fixed a bug that causing the 2nd hit of Glaive Return to sometimes not come out.
• Kitana (Mournful) – Opponent can no longer by OTG’d after being hit by Staff Grab.

Jun 2nd
  • Kitana – Increased Rising Fan / Rising Blades damage by 2
  • Kitana – B1 has 9 startup frames (down from 16)
  • Kitana – B1,2 is now +1 on block (down from +2)
  • Kitana – B1,4 is now -4 on block (down from +1)
  • Kitana – Adjusted the hitbox on f1 to connect more consistently
---
Unless I missed something. That Glaive should have returned. Seems the bug still exist.

NeoRussell

Last edited:

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Nice Kitana play, but to be honest, saying a couple moves cost you the tournament is a bit of an overstatement. It's kinda like blaming a loss in sports on one call when you have plenty of other opportunities to win the game. I agree it certainly doesn't help when things don't go as expected though. Good luck in your future matches. I enjoy seeing Mournful do work. It's too bad EX air glaive is pretty useless.. it would be nice if she didn't hang in the air..

I was very creative with my title. haha! I don't really mean it but do mean about how moves don't work as expected. I hate the other variations. Throwing fans is not how a Jade player plays.

In any case, I feel that EX Glaive is so important. It helps me get in, starts a mixup and block damage is guaranteed.

NeoRussell

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
If it were possible to F2,2,U4 to EX Glaive and land to continue combos that would be nice. She can continue that combo with fans without a bar but not the glaive at all.. kinda depressing.

It probably is. Embrace it. Me and most of the Erron community would rather play Erron with a hat but alas, Gunslinger just plain handicaps him.
Eh, I don't feel like mournful is the best. From what I've played myself, and seeing other mournful players play, I can't see a good reason to use it over royal storm or assassin (other than slightly improved projectile frame data, which also takes away your ability to use air fans and convert when an opponent jumps into it)

Unless it's been widely accepted that it is her best variation? If so, can someone clarify why?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Assassin sucks.
Mournful for has the mid projectile and faster safer footsies. You just lose damage in trade. But royal is the best.

Assassin sucks.
Mournful for has the mid projectile and faster safer footsies. You just lose damage in trade. But royal is the best.
I always thought Royal was the best. I know Assassin sucks, it's probably her worst variation, but I'm a low tier warrior. (plus i need air fans. i feel so weird not having them in mournful) I made top 4 at WNF with assassin, so I'm happy with that.

I just went into training mode but yeah, playing around more with Mournful, i can see the ex glaive being very useful (if it doesnt glitch out like russell's did, lol)

Stupid EX Glaive. Causing me matches. I do see how if they jump forward on the other side, the chance of it coming back is a no. The system gets confused.

Anyways, Mournful is good. Mid projectile, fast recovery, long range and close combat variation. It is the best. Join me my fellow Kitana players and use Jadana.

NeoRussell