What's new

GIFs

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I've seen a few GIFs posted on TYM that were made by the people that posted them, and I can't seem to figure out how...

Is there a website you guys use or do you use your own program or what?

I use a combination of photoshop and After Effects. usually I'll just render whatever video I need out of after effects after making it loop at 30fps or whatever and then import it into photoshop and do "save for web". its cool because you can actually make some frames last longer than others, adjust the speed, or make it loop just once or forever and still see a preview of how its going to look when you save it out at whatever size you want (it also guestimates the gif file size).

EDIT: also a friendly reminder that if you pronounce GIF with a J sound you are a pretentious douche-nozzle that I will happily punch in the face despite how right you are.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
No website, just tag Rickyraws and state your request
*snip*
I don't know how many times I have watched that GIF since the last time you posted it...
It gets better every single time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Friendly reminder that gif is pronounced with a "J" sound and if you pronounce it with a hard "G" you are wrong.
Thank god there are others who pronounce it right.
I use a combination of photoshop and After Effects. usually I'll just render whatever video I need out of after effects after making it loop at 30fps or whatever and then import it into photoshop and do "save for web". its cool because you can actually make some frames last longer than others, adjust the speed, or make it loop just once or forever and still see a preview of how its going to look when you save it out at whatever size you want (it also guestimates the gif file size).

EDIT: also a friendly reminder that if you pronounce GIF with a J sound you are a pretentious douche-nozzle that I will happily punch in the face despite how right you are.
Thanks Eric, the only thing I'd found so far was imgflip in which I made this:

Last edited:

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
What happend to Rickyraw's gif? I was gonna save that to my computer.

On Windows you can just download/render a vid and import the frames to photoshop layers then export layers to files to create a gif. You might have to install some plugins/scripts. For animations and deformations you can use After Effects or do it manually in Photoshop/Flash.

On Linux I use a program to record the desktop, then convert a sequence of that video to a gif file using a video editor, then open the gif and edit/crop it on Gimp.

There's probably an easier way. That's just how I do it..