What's new

GGA Slips claims another victory at Galloping Ghost Arcade's Ghost Battle Series # 2

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Last weeks' champion has retained his crown, but this week using only Cyborg! Deciding to switch it up from his usual Deathstroke that brough GGA Slips victory at Ghost Battle Series # 1, Slips ran through the entire bracket in winners using a very basic, yet effective Cyborg playstyle to frustrate his opponents. Consisting of mainly d1's, grounded nova blasts, sonic disruptors and solid spacing, Slips proves that its not the character, but the player, that makes the difference in the end. There were a total of 16 competitors that faced off this week, showcasing a variety of lesser-used characters.​

Final Results - Seeding points earned
1st GGA Slips (Cyborg) 6 points​
2nd GGA pimpimjim (Hawk Girl, Zatanna) 5 points​
3rd NRF ImNewbieSauce (Doomsday, Raven, Wonder Woman, Harley) 4 points​
4th GGA 16 Bit (Catwoman) 3 points​
5th SOT Semi Evil Ryu (Batman, Black Adam) 2 points​
5th GGA Jeremiah (Doomsday) 2 points​
7th GGA HAN (Black Adam, Wonder Woman) 1 point​
7th McCutty Mayham (Harley) 1 point​
Current Top 8 Seeds for Ghost Battle Series
1 GGA Slips - 12 points​
2 - NRF ImNewbieSauce - 9 points​
3 - GGA 16 Bit - 7 points​
3 - GGA Pimpimjim - 7 points​
5 - GGA HAN - 4 points​
6 - GGA Jeremiah - 3 points​
7 - GGA soonk 2 points​
7 - SOT SemiEvilRyu - 2 points​

Thank you to everyone that came out and supported us, or watched the stream/replays. Will Slips be able to 3-peat his Ghost Battle Series wins, or possibly bring a new character to the tourney next week? See everyone next Thursday!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Thanks for the post, and to answer Bits question, although I can't speak for everyone, it's hard to wanna spend money to travel for Injustice in it's current form. And it cost alot to get to the good tournys from where I am. Not sure about the Toronto and Montreal guys as they are the east coast of Canada. But I know they are still playing. We have a local here in Calgary on Sunday, will be streamed you can all watch my Arrow get blown up. Probably by a Bane or Black Adam, or Aquaman, or some such shit. lol.

Thanks for posting the Archive Han, I missed watching, and it's been great to have tonight at work.

coolwhip

Noob
Everyone just fast forward to about 1:23:00 in the archive (Emperor_Max vs. The Truth) and hear the commentary.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Again this tournament was very fun. I'm really glad GGA is doing a weekly. And big time props to GGA Slips. I had zero clue what to do about Cyborg, and ground shot keep away game gave me fits. Also GGA pimpimjim and his Hawkgirl were on fire.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Cool tournament. I like how GGA show off underused "low tier" characters. Please stick with Cyborg slips, we need supporters bad!!!! It was pretty clear that no one really knew how to fight against Cyborg lol

Reactions: ZAQ
Grats on another event and to GGA Slips that was an abusive amount of fundamentals applied there. It was truly inspiring and makes me want to play this game more again! Especially since I love watching Cyborg play for some reason. Plus great pic LoL.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Gonna be showing off a new character for next week. Hopefully, he will be ready by then.