What's new

GGA | Dizzy Wins MKX at First Attack 2015

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
After the biggest and most momentous patch of MKX, we finally were able to see the effect of these changes at Puerto Rico's biggest tournament. Multiple players from the continental US decided to take a trip down south to test the mettle of our Puerto Rican cousins.

One of the biggest surprises was the local hero Atai tearing through the winner's bracket, and making it all the way to Winner's Finals. There, he would square up against the Combobreaker 2015 champion, GGA | Dizzy. In a close set, and with the crowd behind, Atai was able to come back down 0-2 and win 3 straight, advancing into the Grand Finals.

Waiting in the Loser's Finals was EVB | DR Gross, who had been sent into losers by Dizzy. This 2nd set was a true tug-of-war, with each player trading rounds and games. With Dizzy's Johnny up 2-1, Gross pulled out the Predator to try and catch him unaware. After evening up the set 2-2, last round, Dizzy managed to escape from Predator's amazing corner game, and double eliminated Gross.

Grand Finals was Dizzy's chance to exact revenge on Atai. Another back and forth set would occur, with each side representing the hopes of their nation. The crowd was once again behind their champion as the two competitors went blow for blow with each other. In spite of being the villain in this set, Dizzy's veteran mindset managed to calm him down and reset the bracket 3-2. With both sides in losers, Dizzy struck first, going up 1-0. Atai, considering a character switch, decided to stick to his guns with Kitana and evened things up 1-1. Dizzy struck back decisively, going up 2-1. In the last match of the tournament, Dizzy's run-cancel pressure was relentless, and despite Atai's best efforts, Johnny Cage punched his way to his first major win!

GGA_Dizzy_FAPR2015.jpg

Winners Semis:
Atai (Royal Storm Kitana) over Tempo | ChrisG (Deceptive Reptile, Bojutsu Kung Jin) 2-0

GGA | Dizzy (A-List Johnny Cage) over Veterano (Aftershock Tremor, Hellfire Scorpion) 2-0

Losers Round 1:
EVB | DR Gross (Shirai Ryu Takeda) over Big Butt Jackson (A-List Johnny Cage) 2-0

Georgie (Brawler Cassie) over Troy PR (HQT Predator) 2-0

Losers Quarters:
EVB | DR Gross (Hollywood Cassie) over Tempo | ChrisG (Deceptive Reptile, Bojutsu Kung Jin) 2-0

Georgie (Brawler Cassie) over Veterano (Aftershock Tremor)

Losers Semis:
EVB | DR Gross (Hollywood Cassie) over Georgie (Brawler Cassie) 2-0

Winners Final:
Atai (Royal Storm Kitana) over GGA | Dizzy (A-List Johnny Cage) 3-2

Losers Final:
GGA | Dizzy (A-List Johnny Cage) over EVB | DR Gross (Shirai Ryu Takeda, Hunter Predator) 3-2

Grand Finals:
GGA | Dizzy (A-List Johhny Cage) over Atai (Royal Storm Kitana) 3-2, reset
GGA | Dizzy (A-List Johhny Cage) over Atai (Royal Storm Kitana) 3-1

1. GGA | Dizzy (A-List Johnny Cage)
2. Atai (Royal Storm Kitana)
3. EVB | DR Gross (Shirai Ryu Takeda, Hunter Predator, Hollywood Cassie)
4. Georgi (Brawler Cassie)
5. Tempo | ChrisG (Deceptive Reptile, Bojutsu Kung Jin)
5. Veterano (Aftershock Tremor, Hellfire Scorpion)
7. Big Butt Jackson (A-List Johhny Cage)
7. Troy PR (HQT Predator)

For everyone that missed it, all of top 8 will be Team Spooky's YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjT9Hwh4twdfvFZCV1tIsCw

Attachments

P.F.

Noob
#yousuck :cool::cool::cool:

Good shit to @GGA Dizzy. I'm super happy he stuck with is character all the way through instead of getting rattled and changing off. This is one of the only times Johnny's had serious representation in a tourny since TCW.

smile

Noob
enjoyed the stream, props to all who entered. congrats to dizzy for taking it. glad to see the return of your cage man. will be fun to see how far you can take this character.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Glad Dizzy won it. I was a little annoyed by the pop off from Atai after sending Dizzy to losers. Atai and the crowd acted as if he won the whole thing. Justice served. Dizzys Johnny is for real in MKX.

P.F.

Noob
After the patch I think A-list is mid tier and so is Kitana, tournament results should not mean too much for tiers.

Here on tym most guys change their top 10 after every tournament, and that makes me lol.
I dunno, most of the time when Dizzy was getting bodied it seemed like he was fucking up as a player, not because of Johnny.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
They popped off because he beat a good player, same as anyone would have done.
Not saying it was right or wrong to do, it just was in bad taste from my perspective. Do not celebrate wounding the beast, celebrate killing the beast. If he actually eliminated him, I would have understood the pop off.