What's new

Question Getting the b2 reverse uppercut after the reset.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Trying to get this down:

I've done it a few times, but I can't get it consistent and I'm not sure which part I'm messing up so instead of troubleshooting for hours I figured I'd ask the community. I'm mainly stuck on getting the backwards b2 to connect. After that I can finish the combo.

Can I do the b2, uppercut, 121~AAt after the reset if the character is low when I do the 121~close bomb right before the reset? Or do I have to settle for the standard njp finisher?

Any tips for getting this? Is it necessary to get the 2 backups before the resetting net? When do you do the b2?

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Yes you need both of those back dashes. Input b2 a few frames after the bombs explosion. Honestly for risk of dropping it compared to the execution I will probably always do the NJP ender.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
What helps me is that I dont dash forward before doing the b2 in the first half of the combo. So I go jip, 2,1, net, jip, 2, 1, exbomb, NO DASH FORWARD, b2, far bomb, dash, 1, 2, 1, close bomb, net, back dash.

Thats the most consistent way I've gotten the b2, uppercut after the reset even though its harder than the other way

How quickly you need to do the b2 and how far you need to back dash depends on how quickly you did 121 c.bomb and the spacing of the second net. It's something to get used to, but once you know when to adjust the b2 according to spacing and timing, you'll be able to get it down 100% of the time.