What's new

General/Other Getting bored of Sub Zero

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
if you are that bored I'd go with Mileena. She has crazy pressure and teaches you how to not make mistakes (all of her specials are punishable). I did this and it actually improved my sub game. Her tools teach you how to condition players to do what you want.
Sub is that kind of player. After initial blows... you have to condition your opponent to do what you want ... be it walk back to the corner... duck by clones etc etc.
Mileena is fierce at this. Her setups mostly have to be on a conditioning case.... and she teaches you the proper way to keep opponents zones without a clone.
To me Sub is the all in one package. He has a good zone game... can work over someone at midscreen.... and is stupid good up close. (not insane like Jax, Cage, Kung but all the same).

So my suggestion would be Mileena or Kitana.... either or.
I just wanted to suggest Mileena, thanks for doing it already :) . She is just great, I've been using her exclusively for quite some time by now.

How can one become so-called "Bored" of Sub-F*cking-Zero? (Just a thought...)

I honestly can't find another character I can play like I can with Sub-Zero.
I've tried a few(NW,Reptile,Noob,Smoke,KL,Scorpion,Ermac,Kitana,Jade,Mileena,even Johnny Cage.) But soon came crawling back to Sub-Zero. ;)
Try out Reptile, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf or Smoke(If you truly ARE a bit bored of Sub).
Best of luck, man.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
How can one become so-called "Bored" of Sub-F*cking-Zero? (Just a thought...)

I honestly can't find another character I can play like I can with Sub-Zero.
I've tried a few(NW,Reptile,Noob,Smoke,KL,Scorpion,Ermac,Kitana,Jade,Mileena,even Johnny Cage.) But soon came crawling back to Sub-Zero. ;)
Try out Reptile, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf or Smoke(If you truly ARE a bit bored of Sub).
Best of luck, man.
I soooo wanted to main Subby. For about 3 hours, then I got bored of him. Don't get me wrong, I love that fucker, I just can't play with him for a long time lol.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
reading this thread's title.... means it was obviously made BEFORE the unmasked skin was seen/confirmed. :)

If you're getting bored of playing sub then you need to start playing better players. Sub gets more fun and interesting when people don't just jump into your ice clones! lol

Thanks to all of the peoples replies and for helping me out. I went on the ez road and picked up ermac. but ill definetly try out mileena, seems like a great character. and since i worked so fricking hard to get her flesh pit costume i might aswell pick her up. but anyways, thanks to all of u guys.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
If you're getting bored of playing sub then you need to start playing better players. Sub gets more fun and interesting when people don't just jump into your ice clones! lol
Definetly agree with this. There are very little things better than finally baiting a stubborn and intelligent player into an ice clone, especially if it finishes the match. U feel like a genious and I will never be bored of sub because of this.

SpyderJ

Noob
Ide rly reccomend smoke. I dont know why, possibly the mobility, and the idea that he is almost the perfect anti zoning character, but smoke to me is just the most fun to play. After playing sub for so long, i tried him out, and after a bit of working around some of the problems he had, everything just became enjoyable with him.