What's new

Guide Get OFF ME! (Reflect Guide)

Hydro

Lin Kuei
Sorry for double post, but lots of meaningful info coming that took a bit to test.

Starting to test myself (2 controllers in training mode with frequent pauses lol)

Sub-Zero and CSZ's EX freezes are absorbable, but not reflectable.

All of Jade's boomerangs are reflectable if they hit you (high one can miss easily, obviously) - even low. I was timing it badly against my friend, apparently. EX versions of boomerangs also reflectable and all absorbable. Reflected EX boomerangs don't come back and hit Jade twice, though.

Sektor's flamethrower is not reflectable or absorbable as far as I can tell, but this one was really hard to test by myself due to flamethrower's short range and how fast it comes out. I could see NW turn green for the reflect/absorb (barely), but still got hit. Do the reflecting/absorbing frames come out right when he turns green, or is it a bit delayed? Tried testing with missiles at similar ranges/times and they seemed to work fine, so it appears this move goes through reflect and absorb.

Kung Lao's EX Hat Throw is not reflectable, but is absorbable. EX Ground Hat is both reflectable and absorbable.

Shang Tsung's skull (horizontal) is reflectable and absorbable. Upward skull is reflectable, but it doesn't come back down on Shang Tsung (it just disappears off the top of the screen), and is absorbable. Same deal with ground skull - reflectable (doesn't go anywhere, just back off the bottom of the screen) and absorbable. All EX versions follow the same rules as the regular versions. You can actually reflect all 3 skulls as well on EX horizontal skull, or absorb all 3 (heals a LOT).

Sheeva's fireball is both absorbable and reflectable (EX version as well).

Kintaro's flame breath is same deal as Sektor's flamethrower - testing was hard (fought Kintaro a billion times spamming reflect when he was in the right range), got some green glow and then caught on fire. Gonna say no on it being reflectable or absorbable.

I tried Scorpion's hellfire, which was also hard to test, and couldn't manage to reflect or absorb it either. Apparently NW is OK with fireballs, but not with flames??

Edit: Ninja'd hard by my boy Daihuu

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Sorry for double post, but lots of meaningful info coming that took a bit to test.

Starting to test myself (2 controllers in training mode with frequent pauses lol)

Sub-Zero and CSZ's EX freezes are absorbable, but not reflectable.

All of Jade's boomerangs are reflectable if they hit you (high one can miss easily, obviously) - even low. I was timing it badly against my friend, apparently. EX versions of boomerangs also reflectable and all absorbable. Reflected EX boomerangs don't come back and hit Jade twice, though.

Sektor's flamethrower is not reflectable or absorbable as far as I can tell, but this one was really hard to test by myself due to flamethrower's short range and how fast it comes out. I could see NW turn green for the reflect/absorb (barely), but still got hit. Do the reflecting/absorbing frames come out right when he turns green, or is it a bit delayed? Tried testing with missiles at similar ranges/times and they seemed to work fine, so it appears this move goes through reflect and absorb.

Kung Lao's EX Hat Throw is not reflectable, but is absorbable. EX Ground Hat is both reflectable and absorbable.

Shang Tsung's skull (horizontal) is reflectable and absorbable. Upward skull is reflectable, but it doesn't come back down on Shang Tsung (it just disappears off the top of the screen), and is absorbable. Same deal with ground skull - reflectable (doesn't go anywhere, just back off the bottom of the screen) and absorbable. All EX versions follow the same rules as the regular versions. You can actually reflect all 3 skulls as well on EX horizontal skull, or absorb all 3 (heals a LOT).

Sheeva's fireball is both absorbable and reflectable (EX version as well).

Kintaro's flame breath is same deal as Sektor's flamethrower - testing was hard (fought Kintaro a billion times spamming reflect when he was in the right range), got some green glow and then caught on fire. Gonna say no on it being reflectable or absorbable.

I tried Scorpion's hellfire, which was also hard to test, and couldn't manage to reflect or absorb it either. Apparently NW is OK with fireballs, but not with flames??

Edit: Ninja'd hard by my boy Daihuu
Lol, I tested all of this with two controllers as well. Great minds think alike.

Hydro

Lin Kuei
Nice update, thanks for the shoutout at the start! I'm just gonna nitpick because that's what I do :top:

You've got "CBZ Freeze (absorb only)", I'd probably put something like "CSZ Ice Ball (EX absorb only)" so newer people know you can reflect the regular ice ball but have to absorb or block the EX ice ball - right now it looks to me like if I were new I'd think you can only absorb the regular one too. Same deal for regular subby.

I'm also 100% sure now you can't reflect or absorb Sektor's flamethrower.

Nice job!

You can reflect Styrker's pistols. I have a Stryker player on my list that I do it all the time against. Enhanced I'm not sure about though.

Gemini Knight

Astaroth needs Fatalities
Will there be a post of the projectiles that can't be reflected but can be absorbed?

Found out last night that you can absorb Sektor's x-ray, so that means that Kitana's x-ray can be absorbed as well. Raiden's x-ray perhaps?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Will there be a post of the projectiles that can't be reflected but can be absorbed?

Found out last night that you can absorb Sektor's x-ray, so that means that Kitana's x-ray can be absorbed as well. Raiden's x-ray perhaps?
If you start a list I'll be sure to edit the first post

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Cyrax' net CAN be Deflected with Reflect, as can Noob's Shadows. I've seen a few posts saying otherwise. Just did both in training mode 10 times in a row before coming to post

Also, I suggest this type of format, just to make it easier to read:

Reflect List
Nightwolf can Reflect/Deflect the following:
Baraka – Spark
Cyber Sub-Zero – Ice Ball
Cyrax – Sticky Bomb, Net [Deflect]
Ermac – Forceball
Jade – Boomerang
Jax – Shockwave
Johnny Cage – Forceball
Kabal – Gas Blast
Kano – Knife
Kitana – X-Ray [Deflect], Fan Toss
Nightwolf can Absorb, but not Reflect/Deflect the following:
Cyber Sub-Zero – Ice Beam
Kung Lao – EN Hat Toss
Sektor – X-Ray
Sub-Zero – Ice Beam

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Cyrax' net CAN be Deflected with Reflect, as can Noob's Shadows. I've seen a few posts saying otherwise. Just did both in training mode 10 times in a row before coming to post

Also, I suggest this type of format, just to make it easier to read:

Reflect List
Nightwolf can Reflect/Deflect the following:
Baraka – Spark
Cyber Sub-Zero – Ice Ball
Cyrax – Sticky Bomb, Net [Deflect]
Ermac – Forceball
Jade – Boomerang
Jax – Shockwave
Johnny Cage – Forceball
Kabal – Gas Blast
Kano – Knife
Kitana – X-Ray [Deflect], Fan Toss
Nightwolf can Absorb, but not Reflect/Deflect the following:
Cyber Sub-Zero – Ice Beam
Kung Lao – EN Hat Toss
Sektor – X-Ray
Sub-Zero – Ice Beam
Sheeesh you guys always forget about stryker :-( he's in the game too you know. But yeah NW can reflect stryker's gunshots. Don't know if he can absorb the xray tho.

Can his EN version reflects the ones on the absorb list?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Sheeesh you guys always forget about stryker :-( he's in the game too you know. But yeah NW can reflect stryker's gunshots. Don't know if he can absorb the xray tho.

Can his EN version reflects the ones on the absorb list?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I'm going to assume you didn't read the first page;)

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Yeah I was on my phone and got on the subway while writing it lol. Felt kinda stupid when I got to the office and realized that stryker was already mentioned in the first page :)
Haha! Yeah. I used the elipses so as not to relist the whole OP ... =-D Stryker's down there in the Ss ... I stopped at K - ^_^

Is anyone else annoyed that his reflect is useless on wakeup? It bugs me that if someone throws out a meaty projectile as I'm getting up that the reflect gets the wakeup invincibility, doesn't send the projectile back, and I get stuck in the whiffed reflect pose.

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
Is anyone else annoyed that his reflect is useless on wakeup? It bugs me that if someone throws out a meaty projectile as I'm getting up that the reflect gets the wakeup invincibility, doesn't send the projectile back, and I get stuck in the whiffed reflect pose.
Reflect should not be getting invincibilty on wakeup because that would mean that move would be alike to Jade's Glow on wakeup.
Are you sure you are not mistiiming it?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
That's right, it's not invincible. If your opponent knows NW, they can always sneak in a meaty projectile. I'm sure it's the same w/Kenshi, if it's not I'll be sad

Lordoftheflies: I edited the first post, I thought I had it on there but thanks for the reminder

Reflect should not be getting invincibilty on wakeup because that would mean that move would be alike to Jade's Glow on wakeup.
Are you sure you are not mistiiming it?
Well, I'm pretty sure I get the WAKEUP message at the bottom of the screen, and then the projectile sort of changes direction into the distance exactly like what happens when I wake up using a shoulder charge when they throw a projectile at me. Either way, whether there is actually invincibility or not, it still doesn't behave like I would expect it to, which is to actually reflect the projectile.