What's new

Germany/EU-based E-sports team VIA looks to build MK branch

Hello folks of TYM.

VIA is small but established german E-sports team that has teams for multiple games like smash bros, several pokemon games, street fighter and more.
they have an active discord with 1000+ members. twitter is https://twitter.com/vivid_arise . By chance i got into contact with one of their managers and they are interested in building a mortal kombat team. Right now i'm figuring out how the situation is for this and how to do it best.

the goals are:

• have a team that trains together and competes in tournaments.
  • run online and at a later point offline events (together with the other FG teams)
there is no big e-sports money in this right now, the team can't remotely compete with prize pools like RIPs. this is grassroots work but backed
by a well-working and experienced team. but we will try to get in contact with WB at gamescom and get some support.

so if you are from germany/EU and speak german/english please contact me in this thread if you are interested in playing or even helping to organize.

the german MK scene is a wasteland afaik and the little first steps it took in the mkx era did not lead much further. but i'm willing to give it another try with this team. MK1 hype is through the roof and this might be the right moment!

there might also be a chance to meet at gamescom next week, ill keep you updated on that.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
i used to live in köln till last year, and i feel sad that i'll miss the gamescom event this time. a couple of years ago i used to talk to someone in tym who attempted to flourish the german mk community as well, but apparently you are taking over the role this time around. ich wünsche dir alles beste! (i'm not sure if speaking anything except english is permitted but here we go)

i used to live in köln till last year, and i feel sad that i'll miss the gamescom event this time. a couple of years ago i used to talk to someone in tym who attempted to flourish the german mk community as well, but apparently you are taking over the role this time around. ich wünsche dir alles beste! (i'm not sure if speaking anything except english is permitted but here we go)
thx gilette, i also live in köln :cool:. who was that person, maybe they are still interested?

Agilaz

It has begun
Kind of a similar situation in Belgium, we had a time during MKX where we had plenty of Dutch, French and German players show up. In turn, Belgian players would travel to other countries when possible.

Seems like your best bet is to aim European rather than just German.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
i saw a chilean mk player called madzin on youtube and wondered if its him but he didnt answer
he still has his MK twitter but it links to his band now.... I'm not sure he is playing competitively still he was my fav pro in mkx era.... if you can get him back for MK1 the entire eu scene will be very happy. May as well contact him, it couldn't hurt. After a break, me might be interested again.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
he still has his MK twitter but it links to his band now.... I'm not sure he is playing competitively still he was my fav pro in mkx era.... if you can get him back for MK1 the entire eu scene will be very happy. May as well contact him, it couldn't hurt. After a break, me might be interested again.
Played him recently in mkx still as disgusting as ever and he didnt even use sub , youll see him for sure

Kind of a similar situation in Belgium, we had a time during MKX where we had plenty of Dutch, French and German players show up. In turn, Belgian players would travel to other countries when possible.

Seems like your best bet is to aim European rather than just German.
yes, we are open for that!

if madzin returned, he'd instantly have a pool of top level training partners and maybe travel options. i dont think he needs a fresh team thats just building up.

I doubt my skill would be high enough to help, I´m to old now lol
for the moment we are just looking to level up each other and play/organize tournaments here and there. we're not expecting fully developed players and we're not all young either :laughing:. if you are looking for regular playing and improvement we can talk.

edit: actually by your profile youre just 1 year older than me.

still looking for interested people. there is also the option to loosely connect for training etc. without the obligations of a core team membership.