What's new

Geras Fully Charged Glove D2 Damage Infinite Warden

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I didn’t read it specifically until now, so I thought I’d post it in a specific thread.

Once you charge it, it basically is saved for the whole match (as far as I could tell) and his D2 will do more damage:

140 uncharged, 230 charged and it will stay like that until u use db2,1 , as far as I could tell

That could change his gameplan slightly. Get a hard knockdown, charge glove, then proceed as usual, while also having his KB of db2,1 still in the pocket. Every single Kombo including d2 will do A LOT more damage, so charging it is definitely worth it

Example corner kombo to highlight damage change:

f212, 1, 24bf2mb, 4bf1mb, d2, d2, f1 1+3 bf2

413 dmg, with normal glove ender it does less

470 damage by ending it in f1 1+3 bf2,1 through added damage by d2 and the charged glove, 504 dmg with optional KB

I know there are probably already more optimal Kombos and some do even more dmg but getting +60 dmg off of one Kombo will definitely be worth the charge time I think :) hope someone finds even better stuff

Edit: seems like it saves it for the whole match! So if you don’t use his db2,1 the whole match, your d2’s will basically do almost double the damage for the whole match! I caught someone high in the air with a d2 yesterday and was able to follow up with f1 bf2 (or something of the sort) and it did like 320 dmg :D kinda ridiculous for a simple convert

Last edited:

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
good find, dude, do you do youtube videos? this would be a good tutorial.
No, I’m not really good at editing and all that ^^ tym is basically the only place where I post stuff I find. I am no lab monster either but I like to share what I can :)

I already saw some Geras tutorials on yt, but this was never mentioned and I guess it’s an important part of his game. Until now I thought the charge was just to get more dmg off of this move and the KB, but it seems to be quite useful actually. I never really bothered to charge it before tbh

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Practical use for matches:

Instead of hitconfirming f21 into bf2 for a combo u can let the whole f212 string rock in the beginning of a match and take time to get 2-3 charges on the glove while the opponent flies through the air :) afterwards your combos will do more dmg for the whole match, it’s pretty neat ;)

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Yup, it’s pretty cool. But if this mechanic stays, I doubt they will leave the character’s dmg in it’s current state, once the next patch drops. This mechanic would be fine for a character with mediocre dmg output, Geras dmg is pretty good tho :/ let’s enjoy it for now I guess :D

If anybody asks ‚he needs it‘

mn_tercercine

you can call me blue cheese, because I am DRESSING
Yeaaa this is gonna get patched out quick haha
I was just thinking yesterday that Geras is prob my best/fave character after a lot of time with him.

The Geras community needs to band together to run counter-intelligence anti-hype for this character so he doesn't get nerfed.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
IF they nerf him, I reaaally hope they do not change his moveset or framedata. A dmg nerf would be enough and kind of justified tbh ^^

Better delete this thread now and start one talking about how he’s trash.

UPR_Nova

Noob
An odd thing I found is d3 also resets the charge. There isn't really any reason to use d3 considering you have d1, and I don't think 110 damage from the d3 is worth it when there are much more damaging options with a charged gauntlet. Regardless, I thought I should mention it for those that don't know to avoid accidentally resetting a fully charged gauntlet.

Latte

Noob
I actually made 2 videos detailing this mechanic. I also found a few viable knockdown setups to gain the charge as well, so you don't have to worry about getting punished for it. Curious to see how it plays out in pro play, as I don't see anyone utilizing it yet.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I actually made 2 videos detailing this mechanic. I also found a few viable knockdown setups to gain the charge as well, so you don't have to worry about getting punished for it. Curious to see how it plays out in pro play, as I don't see anyone utilizing it yet.

Nice dude, I have actually not seen it be mentioned anywhere until now, not from players, content creators or commentators :/ this mechanic is still flying kind of under the radar it seems. I have not seen it utilized until now either, otherwise than by pure „accident“ maybe

Latte

Noob
Nice dude, I have actually not seen it be mentioned anywhere until now, not from players, content creators or commentators :/ this mechanic is still flying kind of under the radar it seems. I have not seen it utilized until now either, otherwise than by pure „accident“ maybe
Thanks man. It's definitely flying under the radar for sure, as this find on my end was a complete accident. Just labbing combos, noticed my combo dmg was crazy high and never went down. Surely enough, charged db2 was the culprit of broken gameplay. Hopefully it's not patched out before CEO this year, because I need the Geras top tier carry out of pools.

TheLewis

Noob
What if I told you can gaurantee all 3 charges of db2 and stay at advantage?!

If you cancel db2 as close to the 3rd charge as possible it takes ~120 frames. If you amplify bf1 (time freeze) you get 169 frames of advantage. Meaning if you start db2 immediately after freezing someone with bf1 amplify, you can cancel it right after the 3rd charge and stuff even a 6 frame d1 with f212.

Math:
+169 hit adv - 1 startup db2 - 120 charge - 19 cancel recovery - 11 startup f2 = +18 frames adv!

Example:
Ji2, 11 x bf1 amp, db2 (3 charges) cancel, f21 ...

It doesnt combo but your opponent is jailed and can only block. They even try a 6 frame d1 and you will punish them. Now just end your combos with f1,1+3,db2,1 for the KB and 50% damage anywhere.

Note: I labbed this all day and even though the math says +18 its a tight window. Mainly because you lose frames starting db2 right after bf1 amp and you lose frames if you dont cancel as soon as that 3rd charge hits BUT THIS DOES GARAUNTEE ALL 3 CHARGES WHILE KEEPING IT YOUR TURN! Enjoy.

Last edited:

Latte

Noob
Definitely testing. I figured I needed the space for the d2 to charge the db2 from amplify bf1, not charge it right in their face.

TheLewis

Noob
Definitely testing. I figured I needed the space for the d2 to charge the db2 from amplify bf1, not charge it right in their face.
It works, trust me. The best part is you punish them for pushing buttons and get your other KBs with the db1 on deck. Its sooooooo strong!

TheLewis

Noob
I tested this against geras 6 frame d1 and it works. In this vid sub doesnt even get a chance to d1 as you can see his button inputs on the right. Normally you get the punish icon but I think this time he didnt even get a chance to start it.

Great info on charging.

But what about hitting ppl with the db2,1 KB? This move comes out pretty slow. Any good setups for this? Or is it just a one lucky shot? Does it KB off a freeze?

Latte

Noob
Great info on charging.

But what about hitting ppl with the db2,1 KB? This move comes out pretty slow. Any good setups for this? Or is it just a one lucky shot? Does it KB off a freeze?
With majority of the cast, you can hit f212~db21 for the KB rather easily. Worst case is they block the db2, and you're +3. There's a gap in that string, but they need to know it's coming to do anything about it, plus the risk of you inputting db1 for sandtrap after you finish the string is another KB right there for you.