What's new

Question - Grandmaster Genuinely thought this was a bug :/ :/ :/

That's not really a sub zero mentality. That's an MKX mentality... all the time I see posts like, oh well that's not safe must be garbage! As if everything HAS to be safe in this game. Like let's not work for anything guys!

The sub zero forums are no different in that regard. (We do the same shit) And since everyone else is using them same mentality, I don't see why the sub forums should be held to a higher standard.
That's a fair point lol

i am not really a sub player but there is one thing that really annoys me. By destroying sub zero nrs actually manages to make the game boring. Fighting sub zero has been a great training for patience and was fun. It taught you not to jump in like an idiot and actually forced the opponent to think. Now making the clone so weak makes it boring to play against sub. Like in mk9 it was always hype if you read a clone properly and avoided the jump in.

What has happened to mk players?
Whining and crying for nerfs and thats what happens if nrs listens to noobs who are unable to think how to play a matchup properly.
I mean you can break the clone with a projectile. Therefore it was unnecessary to make it vanish after blocking an attack.
The way the clone worked in mk9 was great.
I feel sorry for all sub players and therefore i am ready to support you guys
The clone still works "great" vs some characters. Just use one of them vs him and have fun thinking whether you should stand block or duck block just after you blocked a 50/50 in the corner. Hope then the game won't be boring for you.

Nah dude, I get that stuff, like I said. I'm speaking about how pissed people were and are about how the chip damage takes the ice clone. Or how they had to learn new combos to get a guaranteed ice clone out in the corner, or how "oh my god, they can get out of this set up...it's trash" mentality I see from some people.

Edit: The chip damage removing clone is a necessity. If that fucking clone eats my projectiles then yes, by god if I manage to hit you with a physical attack the clone has got to go.
EX Clone I feel should have remained after blocking an attack.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I feel like doubling the cool down for the regular clone was literally the only thing that needed to be done. Being able to reclone immediately after losing it was dumb as shit but so is "lose your clone on block." At least Sub's still got them normals, right?

Come on now, you can't make the threads this obvious. The key to trolling and causing a 20 page shit-storm is to be discrete.
I hate to be the Josef Mengele of grammar but Discrete ≠ Discreet. Not that I wouldn't mind if more people on TYM were discrete, i.e. distinct and separate from the whole.

Sorry but this is the only way I could find to add actually helpful information to the thread.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I feel like doubling the cool down for the regular clone was literally the only thing that needed to be done. Being able to reclone immediately after losing it was dumb as shit but so is "lose your clone on block." At least Sub's still got them normals, right?

I hate to be the Josef Mengele of grammar but Discrete ≠ Discreet. Not that I wouldn't mind if more people on TYM were discrete, i.e. distinct and separate from the whole.

Sorry but this is the only way I could find to add actually helpful information to the thread.
Wow, I honestly did not know that. I've been spelling that wrong for a while. Yikes, that's embarrassing lol. Thanks for the correction!

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Wow, I honestly did not know that. I've been spelling that wrong for a while. Yikes, that's embarrassing lol. Thanks for the correction!
No problem.

Though stuff like this is why no one attends a grammarian's funeral. Even I'll admit that 'discreet' looks... so wrong.