What's new

Guide General Zod: The New Combo/BnB Thread

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
What marcus pointed is good. EGP Wonder Chef had a nice one that was trait grab, back 3, close MB laser,b3

zb ( can be on ground instant aired or anti-aired) charged laser mb laser pistol 31 percent (could use trait or zb setup)

might be able to squeeze in more zod balls after laser

-edit after the charged laser you can dash up 12 from most spots and hitboxes

you can pull off 40% off a simple instant air zod ball
36% pure projectiles

Bruke

Wut
d4, b3, j3, 12 xx close Ground Blast MB, dash, f213 xx Zod Charge = 39% but you can get it up to 42% depending on how much damage the trait does.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I'm curious what people bnb off from a random zod ball that hits. I dash in behind slow balls and sometimes for whatever reason it hits and I just do something simple like 123 trait, or f213 trait or f21 mb laser dash f21 charge. I'm pretty sure I could be getting better damage in these cases.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
I'm curious what people bnb off from a random zod ball that hits. I dash in behind slow balls and sometimes for whatever reason it hits and I just do something simple like 123 trait, or f213 trait or f21 mb laser dash f21 charge. I'm pretty sure I could be getting better damage in these cases.
If you're already doing 12, it's not much of a stretch to do 12 MB laser

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
SimSim I like that you included d3 as a combo ender and am wondering what combos you use it with. I've got one set up that I've been practicing but Im sure you've got more!

My ideal situation is to get a trait grab reset (whiffing a normal) then ambiguous jump2, f21u2, zodball, jump2, zodball, dash d3, dash neutral jump, then land on them with 1 or 2, then do 21laser or 213 mixup. The reset and the f21u2 combo does massive damage together, plus you end with a setup that they have to guess which side you will land on after the neutral jump, and if you will go high or low with 21... if you get a hit in that mixup and finish the combo, right as you end the combo you have trait active again, and depending on what was blocked or hit and what the initial reset combo was, you are between 80% and 100% damage. Seems like an effective way to force them into another mixup after the trait reset, to keep it going while trait recharges. What do you think? I'm sure you've got more ideas I haven't thought of yet.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I just got into Zod a day or two ago, but I was going through the combo list and for the 213 starter instead of 1 meter:
213 xx Ground Blast charge, delayed MB, dash, f2, 123 xx Zod Charge = 35% (34% if the two hits before the overhead is blocked)

I was just using 213 dash 12 Close Ground Blast MB dash 213 xx Charge and got the same damage. I think it is easier and you get the 35% more consistently since the laser doesn't need to be delayed I guess. I am sure this has been found already, but I think it should be added to the OP unless someone has a reason it shouldn't.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

I just got into Zod a day or two ago, but I was going through the combo list and for the 213 starter instead of 1 meter:
213 xx Ground Blast charge, delayed MB, dash, f2, 123 xx Zod Charge = 35% (34% if the two hits before the overhead is blocked)

I was just using 213 dash 12 Close Ground Blast MB dash 213 xx Charge and got the same damage. I think it is easier and you get the 35% more consistently since the laser doesn't need to be delayed I guess. I am sure this has been found already, but I think it should be added to the OP unless someone has a reason it shouldn't.
Have you tried this overhead on a ducking opponent? It's not easy to connect the dash 12 afterwards. Plus, doing 213 xx Laser gives the opportunity to dash cancel on whiff

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Have you tried this overhead on a ducking opponent? It's not easy to connect the dash 12 afterwards. Plus, doing 213 xx Laser gives the opportunity to dash cancel on whiff
Really good point, I will have to mess with the training dummy. And you are totally right, I didn't think about holding the laser and being able to dash away if they block correctly in a situation where you aren't able to hit confirm anything.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Really good point, I will have to mess with the training dummy. And you are totally right, I didn't think about holding the laser and being able to dash away if they block correctly in a situation where you aren't able to hit confirm anything.
That's fair. You have to go out of your way to test the dummy on crouch block/hit because it always stands after a mid hit. Stupid training mode...

You can also 213, dash, 12, close laser mb, j2, 123, charge for a little more damage I think it's 38%

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion

Yea as Gilgamesh said, 213, dash, 12 isn't reliable or even possible if the opponent gets hit by the last hit crouching (Which is how you will hit with the string 90% of the time) so 213 xx delayed mb laser is listed instead.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yea as Gilgamesh said, 213, dash, 12 isn't reliable or even possible if the opponent gets hit by the last hit crouching (Which is how you will hit with the string 90% of the time) so 213 xx delayed mb laser is listed instead.
^^^^

What he said

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
SimSim, really practical 1 bar corner combo. It deals 40% dmg.

213xxMb slow zb, nj2 air zb, nj2 fast air zb, F213 PS. Also what about air to air combos?

I usually do j2 or j1, 12 close MB laser, j2,123xPS. You can use j3 as well after the MB laser but its a bit tricky. I ll post the dmg later cause i cant remember correctly, but i think it deals around 39% dmg.

Last edited:

Timedrop

Noob
SimSim, really practical 1 bar corner combo. It deals 40% dmg.

213xxMb slow zb, nj2 air zb, nj2 fast air zb, F213 PS. Also what about air to air combos?

I usually do j2 or j1, 12 close MB laser, j2,123xPS. You can use j3 as well after the MB laser but its a bit tricky. I ll post the dmg later cause i cant remember correctly, but i think it deals around 39% dmg.
Adding to your combo. After the last air zb you can f3, 3xZC for about 3% more or you can still PS after the 3 for 42%. Not a huge added bonus damage but so far I haven't had any trouble hitting it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
SimSim AK Pig Of The Hut

Dunno if this is new but in the corner if you land a 123 you can cancel into MB Firearm to continue the combo.

123 xx MB Firearm > 1 > 1 > 1 > 123 xx Push or something along those lines. Only does 33% though.

Seems like it would work well if you wanted to do 123 after the corner corpse hop.

This has probably been found already.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
@SimSim idk if you forgot or whatever but if you end a corner combo with 123 and then dash as soon as they hit the ground it makes the opponent turn around, so they have to input their wake up in reverse. I use it to great sucess all the time , and that combined with @EGP Wonder_Chef s corpse hop makes zods corner game very scary after a knockdown.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@SimSim idk if you forgot or whatever but if you end a corner combo with 123 and then dash as soon as they hit the ground it makes the opponent turn around, so they have to input their wake up in reverse. I use it to great sucess all the time , and that combined with @EGP Wonder_Chef s corpse hop makes zods corner game very scary after a knockdown.
@SimSim where are the corpse hop videos?