What's new

Guide General Strategy Guide Continued

Error

DF2+R2
divekick does 7% damage.

Good to see more attention coming towards CSZ though, I'll read the whole guide when I get back home.

oh and usedforglue i just found out in practice mode, ( i know, as shitty as it is lol) you can connect a b22~slide after a 34

j/p 34 dash b22~slide - 29%

after an ice bomb 34 dash b22~slide - 31%

you could also do 34 dash b22~mid bomb for wake up pressure

by far the BEST cyber sub guide I have seen yet, even trumps Tom Brady's take on the character in his living guide, granted though, it's not like it's his main
That said, I really have to go over my cyber sub zero, and you've definitely shown that cyber sub still has some tricks up his sleeves...

zee

Icy
There are a few mid/high moves I'm aware of that can't be parried -- Sonya's grounded leg grab, Sonya's arc kick, Noob's teleport grab and Raiden's electric fly. I'm sure there are more out there.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
There are a few mid/high moves I'm aware of that can't be parried -- Sonya's grounded leg grab, Sonya's arc kick, Noob's teleport grab and Raiden's electric fly. I'm sure there are more out there.
Yea your right man, I have not played CSZ since SVB, as he is not getting all the problems he has fixed.

But I will try my best to update the non parry-able section in good time.

wow man this is awesome guide ! I just started with CSZ and this guide is so good.

EDIT: maybe you could add BnB combo with low starter ?

Nice! Thanks a lot. I've been using too many dive kicks. The juggle ending in u4 slide... I can never seem to land it. Do you dash cancel into u4? If you do, then that's where I've been going wrong.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Johnny's EX Shadow Kick goes through the parry, well at least on wakeup. In practice mode I set JC to do enhanced wakeup specials after landing 21 2+1 dash u4 med. bomb to find out ways to counter different types of moves on wakeups. Whenever JC did an ex shadow kick it would go straight through the parry. I tried doing the parry and its ex version before he would do the ex kick and on reaction to the ex kick. I was standing about a jumps distance away.

I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate but this is what happened to me.

Johnny's EX Shadow Kick goes through the parry, well at least on wakeup. In practice mode I set JC to do enhanced wakeup specials after landing 21 2+1 dash u4 med. bomb to find out ways to counter different types of moves on wakeups. Whenever JC did an ex shadow kick it would go straight through the parry. I tried doing the parry and its ex version before he would do the ex kick and on reaction to the ex kick. I was standing about a jumps distance away.

I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate but this is what happened to me.
If it works the same way as Liu Kang's parry, then you can't parry any moves that have armor on them.

DFogz

Noob
Mileena's ball roll I know is one I always have problems with. Constantly forget I can't parry that even though it hits mid.

Altaire

Noob
hey great guide man!

heres a corner combo i use for cyber sub, 47% no meter, im sure you know about it

its j/p 21~ice ball j/p 21 1+2 n/p 4 34 33~slide
The one I posted months ago? Funny, coming from a guy who rips on my "tech".

Anyway, nice work on the guide, but I do have to address a couple points:

- F2 isn't his fastest combo starter. F2 is 17 frames, which is even slower than his 2 or his 3. Cyber Sub's fastest combo string is off his normal 1, at 11 frames. I can still see some use in going into his F2 after a blocked 3 4, but I usually just mix in 1 1 to beat faster normals and hit confirm into 1 1 1 on block/1 1 freeze on hit.

- You also can't parry Nightwolf's hatchet or Sektor's telepunch with the parry, as they contact too low on the hitbox. That's ostensibly the only determining factor. I'm not sure which other contact specials can't be parried, though I know I'm missing a few. I'm still in the process of testing this for my own guide, so it's actually kind of funny that you, me and Pig all put out different guides at the same time.

- 3 3 2 can TECHNICALLY be punished by an elbow dash on block, I think. The elbow dash is either 5 or 6 frames, IIRC, and 3 3 2 is -6 on block. I've heard varying accounts on just how fast the dash is, but most sources say 5 frames.

Other than that, good job on the guide, I'm really eager to hear what the 47% one meter combo is (if it's 47% from a stand, it'll do more damage than my combo does).

Altaire

Noob
Okay, yeah, nevermind. Someone already addressed the other contact specials that can't be parried.

I'll still test all of them later, just to be certain we've covered everything.

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?

- F2 isn't his fastest combo starter. F2 is 17 frames, which is even slower than his 2 or his 3. Cyber Sub's fastest combo string is off his normal 1, at 11 frames. I can still see some use in going into his F2 after a blocked 3 4, but I usually just mix in 1 1 to beat faster normals and hit confirm into 1 1 1 on block/1 1 freeze on hit.

- You also can't parry Nightwolf's hatchet or Sektor's telepunch with the parry, as they contact too low on the hitbox. That's ostensibly the only determining factor. I'm not sure which other contact specials can't be parried, though I know I'm missing a few. I'm still in the process of testing this for my own guide, so it's actually kind of funny that you, me and Pig all put out different guides at the same time.

- 3 3 2 can TECHNICALLY be punished by an elbow dash on block, I think. The elbow dash is either 5 or 6 frames, IIRC, and 3 3 2 is -6 on block. I've heard varying accounts on just how fast the dash is, but most sources say 5 frames.

Other than that, good job on the guide, I'm really eager to hear what the 47% one meter combo is (if it's 47% from a stand, it'll do more damage than my combo does).
I'll be looking forward to your guide, know it will be awesome!! usedforglue and pigofthehut guide rocked me so hard that im really interested on playing the robot.

uhhh dude.. im not hating on you? sort of irrelevant that you said you said you posted that combo a month earlier. Im sure someone else found that combo before also, so no need to think someone is stealing from you or taking credit for something that you might of discovered. I never said i came up with that combo either, i was just telling him it to put in his guide if he might of missed it. As far as 'ripping' on your tech i think itd be safe to say d4 into whatever special that isnt safe from sweep range isn't good/new tech. Don't take things personal on here. You have a lot of potential to be a great contributor to TYM(you are 90% of the time. Also great job on Mortal Monday) But you sometimes get a little hasty and like to spark up flames where there are dead leaves. All in all, don't try insulting me and go off topic. Next time you want to say that just PM me and we can sort it out from there.

Great work Glue, you and Pig should combine your powers to make an ultimate CSZ guide. (Altaire too if you'd clean up your attitude a little :p)

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Updated:

New anti air uppercut combo
New freeze-able bomb set up from :r:bp:bp:fp
New SVB footage against Mustard and AF0xyGrampa
New anti poke with short dive kick
New use for the Freezing Pain string
New air to air with use of the short bomb - allowing safe short dive kick.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
You put v.s. mustard, i think thats ketchup... unless he was using sektor
u said in the video post u added mustard match too, dat y i was looking, but its the same video u got in v.s. ketchup thread
just letting u know ese