What's new

Question - TriBorg General Questions About TriBorg (Pre-Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comic canon is not official until made official by NRS themselves via confirmation or in game inclusion.

The comic already majorly contradicts things that were in MKX the game already, because they don't share writers and the canonicity is decided solely by the whim of the devs.

For example, in the comics Goro betrayed Kotal to be muscle for Mileena's forces, and he also got his arms ripped off.

In the game his bio states that the Shokan stayed out of the civil war entirely and he wandered around. And he also still has his arms.
Red Dragon gave Goro his arms back for bringing them Kenshi in the comic book so no contradictions there.

This isn't 3 different cyborgs guys! Accept the fact that this is a new character with the powersets of Sektor, Cyrax and Cyber Smoke.
But I am pretty sure each variation will have unique normals as well.

His personality might change with who he is imitating at the time, so if Cyrax his intro/winning line is more merciful, if Sektor his intro/winning line makes it clear he is gonna kill you.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
He might be his own character and all three at the same time if he absorbed Their personalities. Kind of like a schizophrenic , his intros could even be him phasing between the 3 fighting for control

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
He might be his own character and all three at the same time if he absorbed Their personalities. Kind of like a schizophrenic , his intros could even be him phasing between the 3 fighting for control
When I saw the schizophrenic thing I thought it was a joke, but the more I think about this the better of an idea it becomes. It'd be cool to have all 3 fighting to take control, something similar to how Ermac's souls were once fighting for his body or something iirc.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
The most mysterious entry into Kombat Pack 2 is without a doubt the grey mechanoid known as Tri-Borg.

His name was revealed by NetherRealm Studios with the release of the official trailer, in which he can be seen collecting what remains of broken Lin Kuei cyborg Sektor. Mortal Kombat X story mode already showed us Sektor was reduced to broken parts and a severed head - so there's no mystery there. What Tri-Borg means for Sektor's future, and the futures of fellow Lin Kuei cyborgs Cyrax and Smoke - a little more ambiguous.

It seems Tri-Borg will assimilate Sektor's skills to create one of three Character Variations - likely the first seen in select screens, according to NetherRealm Voice Director and Writer Brian Chard. Don't expect Tri-Borg to be a mere vehicle for three unused characters, though. The new cyborg is "his own 'man'", according to Chard, and will speak with his own voice, regardless of variation!

Chard couldn't reveal if Tri-Borg will be assigned his own LK Unit code like his predecessors, but he is a new character, even if the grey representation seen prominently in the trailer is to reflect cyborg Smoke. How can Smoke be a cyborg in the new timeline, where he was never converted by the Lin Kuei, and was last seen causing trouble as an Enenra/Revenant in story mode? "Not sure it'll end up being canon but there's an explanation", says a candid Chard.

Fans can look forward to more character depth revealed through fight intro dialogues. Lin Kuei icon Sub-Zero will have 'a few interesting things' to say to Tri-Borg. Even more intriguing: "... in a mirror match intro one of them calls himself something else." Could this new cyborg be someone, or something, we already know? A fallen Lin Kuei warrior? A remnant of the original timeline? A new twist on Sektor's Tekunin clan? Chard unsurprisingly rules out comics fodder turned Legacy robot, Hydro. The plot will thicken in 2016.

Maybe it's Cyborg Noob Saibot? (The Reason why I think this is because of when the mention the Sub Zero - Tri-Borg intro dialog)

Full Article
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=159118

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
This thought has been stewing in my head for some time now. I'll give you a little insight.

Kano is the best example to show. Kano's variation differences revolve around his implants and grenades glowing with a different color. (Cybernetic gets this and his bowies replaced with a set of combat knives.) Considering the default costume, Kano's pants go from grey to green; combat boots black to brown, when the originals are chosen. When you mirror match as Cutthroat, the blue stays the same shade. My inclination would be to change the colors dramatically, without it clashing with the original colors.
That aside....

How will the alternates work?
It wouldn't be a problem if they were the same character with three variations.
However, they're the same being. They switch out the main colors and heads for the different borgs.
But how they mirror match?

Smoke vs Smoke would be the same model, being that the variation is tied to the color.

May we discuss this?

I've been told John Vogel has said that he will have his own voice and not
Sektor or Cyrax's voices with their variations but I can't find anything about that. During the kombat kast it seemed he did when he would say "for the Lin Kuei" after a throw or kombo but on sektor's variation he almost sounded like sektor sounded in MK9 with the target acquired soundbite too

Last edited:
Though not a question, I suppose its safe to assume that a majority of the community will have a main/pocket in at least 1 of "Quad-Borgs" Variations.

In the Chasing the cup trailer we can see Triborg's win pose in his Smoke variation. He changes what looks like a battery. It is Robocop 2 Cain's Nuke style))
He also starts glowing blue after that instead of Smoke's normal red glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.