What's new

Question - TriBorg General Questions About TriBorg (Pre-Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
considering that this is the first character were each variation is a separate character it got me wondering about their intros. I would assume that sector and smoke wouldn't say the same thing to subzero. And what about a tri-borg mirror match with different variations. What do you guys think. will each variation get different dialogue or will they all share the same lines. Fingers crossed they don't get the Jason and Predator treatment with 2 intros for the character.

Rearawt

Noob
one of the NRS employees said on Twitter that it'll have unique mirror match intros. Like if one person picks Cyrax, and the other picks Sektor, the intro will be as if it's an actual Cryax vs Sektor match.

https://twitter.com/bcharred/status/672656735044304896
The way I read that (one of them calls himself something else) he's saying it'll be more like a fight between TriBorg and the original Smoke/Cyrax/Sektor

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
So we're expecting this trio to be Smoke/Cyrax & Sektor, but how Unique will Ed and his team make them?
Clearly it would be ALOT of work to make them feel like entire new characters from each other.

My guess is their specials will be entirely different with few universal specials, their strings will be pretty generic fighting moves until you get to their Unique strings, but what will these offer and how many will each variation get?
Will it be a case of being able to main any variation you please as its own character or do you think it will fall short and one of the variations will be left behind?

I think Unique strings will really help distinguish the difference between each Cyborg in making them feel like their own characters, thoughts?

*Snatched the image*​

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I was watching the trailer again and it seems the 3 variations share a same body body but have different heads, so the stances, normals and some combos could maybe be the same between them all. To me, what will make unique each of them will be the special moves, that's pretty much all I can think of, brutalities and unique strings will contribute but the specials are what will do.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I know Tri-borg will have unique intros depending on variation, but I really want to know if he is his own character. I was thinking he is a brand new robot that just uses the past ones memory cards or something. And will the announcer say "Tri-Borg wins" or "Sektor wins?" for example? And will his ending be unique to the character, or variation? I like this concept either way but I would prefer him to be a brand new unique character, that uses the memory of past characters. Thoughts or any updates on this?

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I would actually prefer the opposite. I would prefer for it to be three different single variation characters, each with their own individual dialogue and endings. I just think that that would be a really cool thing to do, to use the variation system to make three very similar (in terms of visual design) characters out of one set of variations into their own individual thing.

I mean, we still have characters with only one decent variation. Why not just make one really good variation for each of these characters individually?

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Yeah, I hope he plays like three individual characters, for sure. Thats the way to do this, and anything else will feel cheap.

However, I hope lore wise he is a new robot that downloaded Smoke, Sektor, and Cyrax and can fight as any of them at will. I hope he isnt just a one off dlc char, but he may be.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
At first i thought this was stupid to see but if each variation is each ninja it might be cool. Ill mess with smoke and sector

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I was thinking the same, in the trailer Cyber-smoke takes sektor head so I imagine that's how he replicate his moves, but still wonder hoe he obtained Cyrax' head.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Alright I'm going to assume the "Smoke" variation is actually going to be Tri-bot without Cyrax/Sektors memory/ability installed, and he just uses some of Smokes attacks. Smoke still is "Enenra" after all.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Cyrax destroyed himself and all remaining cyborgs to let sub zero restart the Lin kuei
Not in the comic.

The comic canon is not official until made official by NRS themselves via confirmation or in game inclusion.

The comic already majorly contradicts things that were in MKX the game already, because they don't share writers and the canonicity is decided solely by the whim of the devs.

For example, in the comics Goro betrayed Kotal to be muscle for Mileena's forces, and he also got his arms ripped off.

In the game his bio states that the Shokan stayed out of the civil war entirely and he wandered around. And he also still has his arms.

Come on... can we please drop this TRIBORG name? It is truly a terrible nickname and makes me cringe every time I read it..

I call a do-over of this bloody disgusting name!!

It is one new entity not 3 characters. He will call himself something else in a mirror match just like reptile says that he is Shang in disguise or Shinnok calls his doppelgänger the clone that died at the pyramid, or Cassie calling her doppelgänger her actual twin sister. It will be like Sektor vs Triborg, or Cyrax vs Triborg.

It is one new entity not 3 characters. He will call himself something else in a mirror match just like reptile says that he is Shang in disguise or Shinnok calls his doppelgänger the clone that died at the pyramid, or Cassie calling her doppelgänger her actual twin sister. It will be like Sektor vs Triborg, or Cyrax vs Triborg.

Status
Not open for further replies.