What's new

Breakthrough - Sonya Blade General Blade's BUFFED corner pressure

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
After posting this video...

It was pointed out to me that the second hit of the 2 in B3,3,2 could be ducked, making it whiff and allowing Sonya to get full combo punished.

After checking some frames on my XBONE's unpatched version, and comparing numbers and properties with my PS4's patched version... Some of you might have noticed that B3,3,U4 has received some frame changes.

The block advantage has been changed from -11 to -7 and... Has also received about an extra two feet in pushback on block. [Cannot be punished by Kung Lao's Vortex or Mileena's roll] Super safe now, and actually a very useful string. Start up on the flip kick has been changed from 16 to 15 as well. Might have been interruptible before.

Against a meterless opponent, it's free corner pressure on oki, and... Against some opponents like D'Vorah, will crack their best armored wake up for a combo leaving them in the same situation. On delayed wakeup, the flip will not come out allowing Sonya to block.

This obviously will not work on most armored wake ups, but there are some out there that it will. Let's find them. :)

Great option on meterless opponents. Maybe something I've overlooked, feel free to show me why this is not a good option to use. Here to share and learn, peace.

I know that, with VERY VERY strict timing .. you can break Erron Blacks armoured EX Slide on wakeup. It requires that you do the B3,3 just as his back hits the ground from a very close knockdown. The first kick of the B3,3 hits armour as he magically stands up and the second high one hits him in the face as he begins his animation to slide. Its a bit risky I know .. but its possible nonetheless.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Thanks @scarsunseen. Yeah @chemicalNova, actually tested that one earlier. Found that even after landing it, it left me too far to combo and unable to run cancel in time. I'm sure we'll find some more. Risky on the EB one like you stated.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
With Special Forces: After a hard knockdown in the corner (2134 or b33212), run in quickly and you have enough time for block+2 (drone attack) and THEN b33-u4 into a launcher. Alternately, you can do block+2 and THEN b1 (then drone hits) for a 1,2 juggle. Gonna upload a video later. Was just messing around with this yesterday. So far I'm maining Covert Ops, but I'm pretty confident Special Forces's has the best corner game.

Or after a hard knockdown, while they're still downed, you can do the block+2 attack, then run in as close as possible and hit coming down with a NJP. You will switch sides for some reason (even though you didn't jump across them), and it will mess with their wake-up inputs.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Haven't been able to let go of my Military stance and command grab, lol. Will have to explore her Special Forces variation one day, I've yet to try this. From what I've seen, the corner pressure in SF looks deadly :)

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Those are some dirty set ups @scarsunseen I wouldn't want to be waking up under those conditions, lol. Drones for beakfast! Wondering if a properly timed drone shot in combination with an attack after a hard knockdown [maybe off of 1,2,3 or 2,1,3,4] would allow you to crack some of the better Armor move wake ups?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Those are some dirty set ups @scarsunseen I wouldn't want to be waking up under those conditions, lol. Drones for beakfast! Wondering if a properly timed drone shot in combination with an attack after a hard knockdown [maybe off of 1,2,3 or 2,1,3,4] would allow you to crack some of the better Armor move wake ups?
It definitely DOES get passed a lot of armor. Even it if doesn't and you get hit by a wake-up attack, they'll still get hit by the block+2 drone special and it'll interrupt their wake-up attack. Both of you will take damage in that case.

Dedlock

Noob
I've been saying what's the point of B3,3, u4 it's not overhead it slow and punishable, so having it beefed up for push back is nice but I still feel it needs to be an overhead.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I've been saying what's the point of B3,3, u4 it's not overhead it slow and punishable, so having it beefed up for push back is nice but I still feel it needs to be an overhead.
Why would it matter if the last hit was overhead?

There's no low option off b33 (unless you are in covert ops but then you have an overhead already anyway), so there's no mixup and it'd be blocked every time anyway. I'd way rather have a safe launcher.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Nice. We need to make something where we have all of the Sonya players tags so we can just share this super easy.
That would be hella godlike. Until then, the only thing I would suggest would be to have a sticky note on your desktop and just save everyone who you want tagged. And highlight and ctrl+v from there. That's what I have been doing. Sucks that it doesn't work if you are using your phone or tablet =[