What's new

Gear Thread

trufenix

bye felicia
So it looks like Gear is going to be a big thing in this game. It's not only going to alter gameplay, its also going to be our alt costume system. This video here seems to (at current) be the best look we have into how actually equipping and customizing your character is going to work;

(fast forward to 11:45 if the embed doesn't work)

It seems every character has five slots though they will apparently vary from character to character (Aquaman can customize his trident) and pieces are so far either Common, Rare or Legendary. It is also confirmed that you can use this system to recolor your character but it seems you have to recolor your entire kit, and not just piece by piece.

So lets talk about our hopes and dreams for this crazy new system, theories, pieces you've seen, pieces you'd like to see, etc.

I've listed a couple interesting ones I've seen so far;

Atrocitus
The Butcher's Blessing (pants) - Reference to The Butcher (big red bull in his super), one of the few pieces labeled "single player only" so far.

Grodd
Solovar's Guard - Reference to the former king of Gorilla City, Solovar

Supergirl
Faceplate/Armor/Armguards/Leg Guards/Cape of Zor-El - An entire set referencing her father, Zor-El. Does not maker her look at all like him though.

Superman
Kryptonian Crown - Not a spectacular piece but Boon has said this piece has plot ramifications.

Last edited:

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
These are some

Atrocitus (Arms)(Rare) - Curse of Rage - 3.92% damage to thrown environmental actions

Atrocitus (Legs)(Rare) - The Butcher’s Blessing - *Single Player Only* Bonus 39 exp for not jumping

Aquaman (Trident)(Legendary) - Increases character exp gained by .20% +2 Energy? +1 Defense? +1 Health?

Gorilla Grodd (Arms)(Rare) - Immortal Shield - +1 Health +1 Defense?

Gorilla Grodd (Chest)(Common) -Steel Body Armor - +1 Energy?

Gorilla Grodd (Head)(Rare) - King’s Grimm - Increases all exp gained by .8%

Superman (Head)(Common) - Steel Chin Guard - +1 Health?

Supergirl (Cape)(Rare) - Cape of Zor-El - Increases all currency gained by .47% +1 health?

Supergirl (Belt)(Rare) - Defender’s Harness - +1 Energy?

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Best thing coming out of Gear is picking from different color palettes and even change the appearance from moves like Supergirls eye lasers being purple after changing gear.

Everybody is scared of the Gear thing but i like it. Gives more to do and maybe we are lucky for microtransactions we get all the DLC characters for free.

One can dream.