What's new

Gear moves for legacy characters - restoring how they were in Injustice 1

Should legacy characters be allowed gear moves competitively ONLY IF Injustice 1 moves are restored?

• Total voters

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I have a competitive, gear-related question that affects legacy/returning characters only:

What do you think about allowing legacy/returning characters to use gear-derived moves in competitive play only if that gear-derived move brings back/restores a move that character had back in Injustice 1?

For example, we saw that Bane's command grab from Injustice 1 can be restored with gear. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Absolutely not and there are multiple reasons, I'm sure, but I'll give you three.

1) Gear has stat-increases attached to them that can't be removed.
2) TOs would have to take extra time to find and unlock the gear. Plus, they may not have time to unlock legacy moves for all characters that have them.
3) If a legacy move has been eliminated from a character's base move set, there's probably a good reason for it. Either the move was too strong, or it goes against the character's new design.

Reactions: Ram

Captain l2ed

White wolf
A: gear based moves are allowed across all characters, (just the moves not the stat boosting pieces.)
B: just base characters allowed in tourneys.
can't allow some to access extra moves and others go without.

Gear moves in no way shape or from should be included in competitive unless a organized fuck it lets have fun tourney goes on other wise no thanks.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Abilities will be fun online to add some flair to a character you have been playing for months against randoms. Never competitively for one because someone can't lab against it unless they have it, which is unfair. Another reason against this is that some gear moves are designed to be overpowered and really good and could easily break the flow in a competitive setting.