What's new

Ge prepared for FR NW mains. If your not NW GTFO please

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
OK NW BRETHEREN

The goal here is to get your MU down prior to the tournament.

Rules
1) post your pool
2) ask your MU specific questions
3) consume the knowledge you need in order to "stick" it to em at FR.

My pool:

Pool 16
AK_LordoftheFLY
Bates
GGA Fill Pops
GOL GuyInGreen
BFP|TG Static

Rg Tom Brady
Iceman

-I need footage of @Sajam vs Theo
-I need to know who the bold/italicized players are
-I want to know your strategy vs these players if you had to play all of them

oh yea and if your not NW main GTFO please

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
GuyInGreen is a local Louisiana player. He plays a lot of fighting games, but his main is Green Lantern. Does the instant-air oas very well and is a solid GL player. Be familiar with that.

Iceman is NRF.

I'm not a Nightwing main, but I am a Louisiana player and have some passing knowledge about what you've mentioned.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
GuyInGreen is a local Louisiana player. He plays a lot of fighting games, but his main is Green Lantern. Does the instant-air oas very well and is a solid GL player. Be familiar with that.

Iceman is NRF.

I'm not a Nightwing main, but I am a Louisiana player and have some passing knowledge about what you've mentioned.
you can stay

My Pool:

Pool 6
AK elitegoomba
Cosmonaut (me)
GGA TomWafflez
GOL BOI TOI
Day1combos
EMPR/KH_Scar
Kinetic Orochi

I've got a Lantern player that is gonna play me tonight and hopefully the rest of the week. And Ill try to play Loilligagger to prepare for WW(Goomba)
Other than that I don't know who Scar plays and don't know the others.
Also this is my first tourney so nerves are not gonna help either... I'm excited to chat and share NW info with you though Fly.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
you can stay
Fly, hit up THTB he plays the matchup very well.

Basically, your goal in the GL matchup is to outzone him. Yes, it can be done.

Use your sparks to go under his oa, and stay the hell out of staff mode until you get in his face/he comes to you (he will have to come to you).

As soon as he is in, get a block string staff cancel IMMEDIATELY. NW has no answer for B1 in escrima. It goes under every single one of his normals so it's imperative that you get to staff when he gets in.

When you are in staff and up close, he is your bitch.

Play carefully, and patiently and you should do quite alright.

Also, if you learn how to backdash his b13 it will make the matchup more in your favour.

Fly you have probably seen this and I know Jr. doesn't main NW but I play the match similar because you get really out-ranged in normals while in escrima.

Rude

My Pool:

Pool 6
AK elitegoomba
Cosmonaut (me)
GGA TomWafflez
GOL BOI TOI
Day1combos
EMPR/KH_Scar
Kinetic Orochi

I've got a Lantern player that is gonna play me tonight and hopefully the rest of the week. And Ill try to play Loilligagger to prepare for WW(Goomba)
Other than that I don't know who Scar plays and don't know the others.
Also this is my first tourney so nerves are not gonna help either... I'm excited to chat and share NW info with you though Fly.
GOL Boi Toi plays Green Arrow and Nightwing.

I do not know any specifics about the Green Arrow/Nightwing match, but he is a very solid player fundamentally and knows a lot of the standard GA set-ups and shenanigans. Be prepared.

GOL Boi Toi plays Green Arrow and Nightwing.

I do not know any specifics about the Green Arrow/Nightwing match, but he is a very solid player fundamentally and knows a lot of the standard GA set-ups and shenanigans. Be prepared.
Okay cool thanks for the info. I play NW and GA so I'm pretty well versed in that category. I will definitely look at him as a threat though.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST

Iceman is NRF.

Wrong iceman. Our iceman is in a different pool under NRF iiceman

Rude

Okay cool thanks for the info. I play NW and GA so I'm pretty well versed in that category. I will definitely look at him as a threat though.
You really should. He's not well known in IGAU, but he's a killer in the Street Fighter community. Fundamentals carry over everywhere, dig what I'm saying?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
My Pool:

Pool 6
AK elitegoomba
Cosmonaut (me)
GGA TomWafflez
GOL BOI TOI
Day1combos
EMPR/KH_Scar
Kinetic Orochi
:DOGE

It looks like you got the Gl pool. Wafflez and my teammate Orochi play GL.
I'm on my phone, but i'll do write up when i get home.

:DOGE

It looks like you got the Gl pool. Wafflez and my teammate Orochi play GL.
I'm on my phone, but i'll do write up when i get home.
Lol yup exactly what I didn't want. The funny thing is I was like please don't get a GL in my pool. Then I look at pools :(. I will play the hell out of the matchup though before hand.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I'll message you about the Aquaman matchup when I get home in a bit.

Anybody need anything else? I posted a video of me playing the ga MU the other day, and I made a detailed MU breakdown of how to deal with GL on YouTube.