What's new

Strategy - Outlaw Gameplans and Strategy

Noob
Ok. Here is a place to lay out any game plan ideas or situational set ups you might have. Keep it specific to outlaw. If you have any combos you find particularly useful then post them in the outlaw combo thread. Do you often find yourself doing the same thing in any given situation and always coming out on top. Or a follow up strategy to any successful combo or punish. Or perhaps you like to do certain things to coax your opponent into making a move that you can capitalize on. Then post all that strategy here.

Noob
Because they have goten pretty long. And if people are looking for outlaw specific information its not pleasant to have to go through everything. MU thread is fine. Since it would somewhat work for all variants. But set ups wouldn't be the same. If there is a game plan you have to separate you and your opponent in the marksman variant and then use his zoning tools, to carve off some health, it wont carry over to outlaw. He has the low sand grenade which is great. And being a low projectile it brings in its own interesting ways to be used. But you get my point. Keeping things neat is all.

Noob
I have been thinking about EBs style of play. Most of the game play vids I have seen recently have all shown EB doing combos that bounce the opponent or push them away. I dont know if its just the way it is now since people have been uppity about the command grab and have been trying out other options. Which ofcourse is a good thing. Thats how new ideas come about. But I have also heard others moaning about the 21122 not being safe since people can start to read it and react accordingly. Obviously cancelling the 21122 at different times in the string and into different specials keeps them guessing. But some people just become predictable. So what I have been practicing is playing EB as a predominantly Juggling fighter. Only using the 21122 on a juggled opponent. Has anybody had any success in this fashion. I find anything that leads into the B32U1 is a great starter. There are others like the 112 which you can run cancel into the 21122 string. Attaching that to the B32U1 starts getting the damage up. Have you guys had any luck with this type of play. Keeping the opponent off the ground leaves us vulnerable to only a Breaker. Which after they have used it once gives us the opportunity to get back in again and not worry to much about another as it seems they build up their meter slowly when we have them juggled.

Noob
21122 is safe no? Its only -2 on block I think.

When my opponents start getting comfortable and punishing my 21122 cancels with armour, I just start letting 21122 rock all the way and would only cancel into ex-sand if they don't have meter to use an ex-move.

Most people don't catch onto that and they start getting comfortable with me rocking 21122. That's when I start mixing it up again whether they have meter or not

Noob
Has anybody else noticed that if you lay down caltrops. After F24 or whatever you choose. If you 121 for a hard knock down, they don't lose health while in the the hard knock down state. If you watch the health bar it stops ticking untill they get up again. And the damage percentage on screen stops as well. Other things that drop them. Even the uppercut. Still makes them take damage from the caltrops. Seems like following up with something that would cause them to stay standing such as 112 would be better. It then knocks them down and they take the dame while in the ground.

Noob
You do F24 -> 121 -> caltrops?

Never knew that worked, I always have been doing F24 into caltrops in the corner or 21122.

Maybe just do F24 -> caltrops? You still get the hard-knock down and caltrop damage

btw do you play on Ps4? We should play/train together! If you do my psn is: fiendbusa

Noob
I do F24 caltrops. Was saying following up with 121 causing the hard knock down cancels the caltrop damage while the opponent is in a hard knock down state.

I'm on both PS4 and XBOX1. But I don't play online. I have a wireless modem. And the stability isn't that good were I stay. South Africa man. What you gona do.