What's new

Game should be here on Wednesday, where do I start!?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Hello, TYM people!

Just bought the game off Amazon. Should be here Wednesday. So where do I begin? I'd like to learn a bit about the basics. How to set up my controls on a TE stick, the button layout, controls, basic ingame tips, how combos work, that sort of thing.

Never really played MK before, other then when I was a kid on MK1,2, and UMK3.

Appreciate any help,

PANDEMlC

PS: CHOMP CHOMP HISSSSS

A great tournament and a great experience,A great tournament and a great experience,A great tournament and a great experience,A great tournament and a great experience,A great tournament and a great experience.

Power Up and the 20 dollars saved on Amazon got me hyped to buy this game. :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Choose your fighter first then hit up the character forums and strat zone.

Welcome btw. :)

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
Welcome. I suggest picking a char you like and going into practice mode. Play with practice mode, you can do alot with it.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Well the characters I'm interested in are Ermac, Raiden, Quan Chi, and Reptile.

Off to the character threads!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hey there, welcome dude. Choose someone in practice then go into arcade mode, this is what I did anyway but everyone has their own method of working it out. You'll figure it out ;) play someone that's good for your own style. If you like to be aggressive, pick someone like Cage, Liu Kang, Kung Lao etc. If you want to pick a zoner pick Reptile, Cyrax someone like that. If you want to turtle, pick Sindel, Ermac, Noob, Raiden. List goes on an on but you get the point.

SZSR

Noob
You're in Georgia? Many of us here (including me) are in Georgia, head on over to the Atlantic South matchmaking section of the forum so you can sign yourself up. As for learning the basics, like everyone has said, choose a favorite character and then head on over to one of their sub forums. Welcome to TYM!