What's new

Game of Thrones Offical Tier List Discussion

LadyX

Noob
WHA?!

Joffery is an acquired taste, I'll admit. But Cat!? You gonna throw the whole "she neglects her children and favors Robb" argument?

I'd favor Robb too.

And she goes through the worst events in the books. DONT READ SPOILER UNLESS YOU DONT CARE
I'm not going to read the spoiler, and I'm not talking about the whole favouring Robb thing, I'm just saying she doesn't seem very motherly towards Jon. Jon is my favourite character so obviously I'm going to be biased, but also as a woman I feel like she should have taken Jon under her wing REGARDLESS if it reminds her of Ned's affair (she should be mad at Ned, and not take it all out on Jon).

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I'm not going to read the spoiler, and I'm not talking about the whole favouring Robb thing, I'm just saying she doesn't seem very motherly towards Jon. Jon is my favourite character so obviously I'm going to be biased, but also as a woman I feel like she should have taken Jon under her wing REGARDLESS if it reminds her of Ned's affair (she should be mad at Ned, and not take it all out on Jon).
I can see that; it's not Snow's fault.

But each character in the series is designed to have some imperfection.

With what has happened thus far; having a husband cheat on you, put his service above you, being separated from all but one child, losing her husband, she also thinks that Bran and Rickon are dead right now.

How can one not feel bad for her in the slightest?

LadyX

Noob
I can see that; it's not Snow's fault.

But each character in the series is designed to have some imperfection.

With what has happened thus far; having a husband cheat on you, put his service above you, being separated from all but one child, losing her husband, she also thinks that Bran and Rickon are dead right now.

How can one not feel bad for her in the slightest?
Ya I can sympathize for her about not knowing where the fuck her children are, BUT.... In the books she is all for Ned to go become the hand so really?? I guess if we're just talking about the show then it's a little different. Obviously everyone has their imperfections, like you said, but I just really dislike hers???

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Ya I can sympathize for her about not knowing where the fuck her children are, BUT.... In the books she is all for Ned to go become the hand so really?? I guess if we're just talking about the show then it's a little different. Obviously everyone has their imperfections, like you said, but I just really dislike hers???
Is this a question, lol?

You're right though, her wanting Ned to go in the first book changes things.

I see where you're coming from. After season/book 3 I wonder what you'll think. Don't write her off yet!

LadyX

Noob
Is this a question, lol?

You're right though, her wanting Ned to go in the first book changes things.

I see where you're coming from. After season/book 3 I wonder what you'll think. Don't write her off yet!
Haha it wasn't a question, can't express the tone I was going for so just ignore the "???". I have no idea what's going to happen, so I won't write her off, but to me right now she's the worst CHARACTER in the show.

Joffrey and Theon are obviously absurd, but they are good characters... They're good villains.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Haha it wasn't a question, can't express the tone I was going for so just ignore the "???". I have no idea what's going to happen, so I won't write her off, but to me right now she's the worst CHARACTER in the show.

Joffrey and Theon are obviously absurd, but they are good characters... They're good villains.
I've always took Bran for the most boring character out of all the main characters. But yes, all the villains (if we're calling Joff a villain) are great characters.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Have yet to watch the show, this is going solely by novels. I think I'll make this an ongoing updated list, as I don't have an hour to think about it, but compiling a list of S+ awesomeness shouldn't take all that long

S+ Tier
Sandor Clegane (The Hound)
Jon Snow
Mance Rayder
Jaime Lannister
Tyrion Lannister
Yoren
Qhorin Halfhand
Tormund Giantsbane
Eddard Stark
Robert Baratheon
more additions to come...

F Tier
Moon Boy - Hate this fucker's incessant singing.
Sansa - (Her character is saved by interactions with far superior characters. Unto herself, she's really meh.
Jojen Reed- To hell with this know it all. I'll give you a green dream, it's called a Reptile acid hand to the face.

With that being said, there's really no bad characters, they are only considered such by juxtaposition.

Catelyn Stark is the worst.... She needs to be farther down. She's even worse in the books.

Edit - Definitely C Tier, probably the only character I wanted to drop kick. Yea Joff's a prick, but he makes a good heel. Catelyn's the John Cena of this series, she needs to stfu. Though she plays a pivotal role in "aSoS", and her part at the holy shit moment of that novel is beast as hell.

Anybody who enjoys this HBO show, needs to get on to reading the novels, friggin amazing work. I heard that the latest ep had a bunch of bs that never transpired in the novels, so I may never watch the series based on that alone. Don't screw with the source material! Argh!

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Jaqen h'ghar has to get bumped the fuck up, not even kidding. Typical 'cool guy' I spose but he's still a badass. Joffrey has to get bumped down. If not for his personality, then because he's an imbred. Tyrion needs to get bumped up for having probably the best script in the show, as well as getting with that French bird. Tywin needs to be somewhere as well. His and Arya's scenes are among my favourite, without a doubt. And finally, get Viserys of that fucking S+ tier! I was a happy man when Khal Drogo gave him his crown. :D

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I have to admit, it takes good acting to make me hate a character so god damn much. I love this show, second favorite on television.