What's new

Tech Gain Frame Advantage Midscreen off of Ground Spark

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

End any airborne combo in 223 dash slight pause, ground spark. becomes meaty and nets atleast +3 or 4.

If the opponent tech rolls and wakes up you will recover from the dash with enough time to block and change your gameplan. There's a set up in the corner as well that ends in 113 for the HKD.

@macro
@Sajam
@gpmoney
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@Dirtylova
@Braindead

@the rest of you guys, I'm on mobile so i can't look up correct spelling of your names..

Last edited:

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
This is really interesting but I do want to test vs quicker wakeups to determine exactly how much advantage we are at.

EMPEROR PRYCE

me gusta.

have you tried this with cancel into ground pound?
Ground pound is a seismo which means it takes the opponent relative to their position during the start up frames, so the possibility of a meaty attack is much less, but its worth a try.

The reason this works is because ground spark travels across the screen and nightwing will recover at the same time regardless of hit or block. If you've ever noticed, the block advantage increases on ground spark the further away you are from your opponent. hence why ground spark stance cancel ground pound works fullscreen but not midscreen.

EMPEROR PRYCE

The corner combo everyone is talking about is the one that ends in 113, that ground spark is meaty and yields +1 or +2 frames..

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I didn't get an alert that I was tagged here...
Anyway this looks good. Does it beat the wakeups if they don't tech roll?

EMPEROR PRYCE

I didn't get an alert that I was tagged here...
Anyway this looks good. Does it beat the wakeups if they don't tech roll?
No it doesn't, but the splat makes it hard to wake up, normally they will tech roll if they plan to wake up. Regardless, if they wake up, then more than likely they will always wake up and other oki options are available. As for the 113 set up in the corner, the quick rise is extremely fast. therefore the window to wake up is smaller.

@TheBoyBlunder
If u do the midscreen set up ending in 223 and it corner carries, you can set up a meaty ground pound (staff). This will yield atleast +9. The frame advantage becomes so high that ground pound into stand 1 (staff) becomes a true block string. Midscreen ground pound doesn't yield any extra frame advantage.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Ya it was kind of funny because i saw this only had like 420 views and i was like awwwwwwwwwwwwww hell NO!
Just like when this happened.

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

So the corner version doesnt frame trap the same way the midscreen does. The corner one is based on gravity scaling. the more the gravity is racked up. the faster the quick stand is. Basically u don't want them waking up too fast or else the spark won't be meaty. There's plenty of corner combos u can use to achieve so be sure to test it out yourselves!!