What's new

Strategy GA JiP on block

Okey guys,

right now I am working with GA in the lab, and I am wondering how you do the best Jump in Punch on block because I dont see anything good here actually, seeing the fact that his best one is J3 is leaving him at -2 on block.... so I know this game is different then MK of course, but it makes it so stiff somehow. For example, if I do a low normal arrow on hit (take aim), it should give me 84 on hit (which is insane I think but whatever), from jump range(sweep range) I thought this should give me a nice jump in punch, untill I looked to what I was already thinking: there is a gap, so there is no real connection between the JIP and a follow up combo attack move on block... his 1 leaves him at - 10, his 2 at -6, so they are also not the best options... what do you guys do after a 84 frame advantage on hit in sweep range??? Or is this just NRS trolling us..? IS IT ACTUALLY WISE TO DO A JUMP IN PUNCH AT ALL IN THIS GAME (maybe yes for other chars but for green arrow?) ??

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
A lot of the frame data is wrong. Low arrow is like +3 on hit I think and standing arrow is like +10. I don't think you can be interrupted from a d1 after a deep J3. The negative frames on that can vary depending on when you use it in your jump. I would go in training and set the dummy (as Green Arrow) to j3 you and follow up with a d1. Make sure you do it deep and pick characterd with fast normals and try to interrupt it.

low arrow is +10 on hit and 0 onblock, standing is +28 on hit and +3 onblock. GA doesn´t need jump ins. J+3 is his best jump in but onblock it is punishable/full combopunishable with every d+1xxspecial. You need a proper spacing for j3 d+1xxice arrow, it´s more usefull as an air to air setup. F+2 have incredible range and his dash cancels are his better tools. Don´t jump, it´s a bad habbit and in other games you get punished for every raw jump in.

Seapeople

This one's for you
A lot of the frame data is wrong. Low arrow is like +3 on hit I think and standing arrow is like +10. I don't think you can be interrupted from a d1 after a deep J3. The negative frames on that can vary depending on when you use it in your jump. I would go in training and set the dummy (as Green Arrow) to j3 you and follow up with a d1. Make sure you do it deep and pick characterd with fast normals and try to interrupt it.
Low arrow is around +10 on hit, straight arrow is around +28

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I don't do jump in combos with arrow, J3 is all I use, and J1 on Air to air if they are close and I think they are going to jump on me.

True, you cannot interrupt between a deep j3 to a d1, I tried it with aquaman and he has a good 1 and d1 but he cannot indeed not interrupt in between. Good to know this, knowledge :)

low arrow is +10 on hit and 0 onblock, standing is +28 on hit and +3 onblock. GA doesn´t need jump ins. J+3 is his best jump in but onblock it is punishable/full combopunishable with every d+1xxspecial. You need a proper spacing for j3 d+1xxice arrow, it´s more usefull as an air to air setup. F+2 have incredible range and his dash cancels are his better tools. Don´t jump, it´s a bad habbit and in other games you get punished for every raw jump in.
I agree totally with you. However, sometimes its good to know this stuff, concerning every possible situation. Because his deep j3 into D1 is not interruptable as far as I tested.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I agree totally with you. However, sometimes its good to know this stuff, concerning every possible situation. Because his deep j3 into D1 is not interruptable as far as I tested.
I mostly use it in crossup situations like after a knockdown depending on wakeup attacks and ect. his j3 is very useful imo especially as an air to air move. Just make sure as air to air you try to use it from max range. Some characters like batgirl have really good jumping 2's that will beat it clean and lead to a full combo.

I mostly use it in crossup situations like after a knockdown depending on wakeup attacks and ect. his j3 is very useful imo especially as an air to air move. Just make sure as air to air you try to use it from max range. Some characters like batgirl have really good jumping 2's that will beat it clean and lead to a full combo.
Yes, there you said it: the range, very important, and if timed right, a very strong tool.