What's new

FYI about the GameStop preorders

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
For PST guys, does gamestop give out the discs at 9pm? Thinking of canceling my PSN pre order and ordering it there

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Yes, as long as you've paid or are ready to pay they give it to you at 9pm. Which is so convenient compared to midnight.
Yeah with all the spoilers around, I'd rather get it 3 hours earlier and go through story mode quick lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah with all the spoilers around, I'd rather get it 3 hours earlier and go through story mode quick lol
Exactly, just want the game ASAP at this point...now the Youtube big shots got sent free copies of the KE no less so yeah, I have to avoid twitter, careful on YT and on here now we all do who don't have the game til Monday night:mad:

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Exactly, just want the game ASAP at this point...now the Youtube big shots got sent free copies of the KE no less so yeah, I have to avoid twitter, careful on YT and on here now we all do who don't have the game til Monday night:mad:
I'm avoiding a lot... there is a certain excitement in waiting for the official release, plus getting tangible items of MK that night instead of just a digital copy.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
So... I choked at the tournament and lost the first match I was in. Luckily, when I first registered for the tournament they gave me my choice of what to get. They said they only had 5 tins so naturally I chose the tin. I just called my GameStop back and they said they still have more Scorpion masks but they're holding them for the rest of their 70 preorders that haven't picked up yet... understandable.

When I go to pickup the MK11 marketing kit (hopefully on the 1st) I'll ask them then again if they have any left.

It's a shame, there's already a ton of people selling theirs on ebay.

MKF30

Man, one of my local GS's screwed me tournament wise. Not the one where I got the game, that one gave me two tins one for each preorder, 3 masks and 2 posters of Johnny Cage (young and old) The one where I got the game didn't hold one. However, there's one not far from that one I called the day before Sunday? Yeah. Guy tells me "nah not having one this time" I have a friend who works near there, texts me saying "did you go to that tourney GS was holding" I was like what? They told me they weren't holding one. So I called them up just after I picked up my game at the other GS that wasn't having one. Guy picks up is like "oh yeah we had a tournament already earlier today" lol like WTF man? I swear sometimes these people don't know their ass from their elbows. But I heard the prizes were crap anyway so it's whatever lol.

@STORMS Same with mine where I bought it, they got only 5 tins. I got two of them lol. I lucked out, most people didn't even want them just the game. I don't even think mine had a marketing kit.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
@STORMS Same with mine where I bought it, they got only 5 tins. I got two of them lol. I lucked out, most people didn't even want them just the game. I don't even think mine had a marketing kit.
What I mean by marketing kit is all of the MK11 posters and advertisements that have throughout GameStop. From the little Shao Kahn cutout thing my GameStop had on their door, etc.

I didn't know the Cage posters were two different ages... you got both of those too? If so, very nice.

MKF30

What I mean by marketing kit is all of the MK11 posters and advertisements that have throughout GameStop. From the little Shao Kahn cutout thing my GameStop had on their door, etc.

I didn't know the Cage posters were two different ages... you got both of those too? If so, very nice.
Oh ok, I got ya. Yeah I think mine had a poster and one of those hanging flags but that was it. No cardboard things or anything like that unfortunately. Yeah, it's a smaller poster one side has younger Johnny Cage, the other has Older Johnny Cage. :D

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Oh ok, I got ya. Yeah I think mine had a poster and one of those hanging flags but that was it. No cardboard things or anything like that unfortunately. Yeah, it's a smaller poster one side has younger Johnny Cage, the other has Older Johnny Cage. :D
Oh, gotcha... so it's the same little portrait, front and back, not a separate for age. Thanks

MKF30

Oh, gotcha... so it's the same little portrait, front and back, not a separate for age. Thanks
Yeah it's one showing his past self and the other his current self on the portrait poster thing. It's also kind of glossy which is a nice touch.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
hey everyone i tried to upload my video on youtube about the items i received from gamestop but it kept saying it would take up to 3 hours to upload a 10min video!!!! i guess i should have just took pics but i have been engulfed in mortal kombat lol. anywho i got all the items i wanted by getting to the gamestop at 1pm. i will be posting pics later. peace

MKF30

I made sure they gave me 2 MK lunch tins lol(one per pre-order) They didn't argue or give me a hard time, I just said the guy I knew there(who also used to work with at my last job lol) told me according to the site all preorders get a free tin and mask! I had 2, lol. I was the first in the store 2 hours earlier, so the manager chick gave me one lunch tin ahead of time. The store only got 5(yes five) lol I got 2! I bet people are selling them for 20+ bucks on ebay. I will use one for kollector's item, the other for my games, snacks etc

The masks are see through too which is cool but it's so tight to the face like a freaking O.J. glove, it presses against your eyeballs.I would recommend with a balaclava mask so you get the full Scorpion effect!