What's new

FYI about the GameStop preorders

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I saw that poster up. It said limited quantities so it’s best to be there early. I don’t go to gamestop often but I heard him say they were handing it out at 9pm in Monday. Can anyone who shops at GameStop confirm this?
Yes, they said they may have posters to giveaway too. The event starts at 9 but I'm going early.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Okay, so I am going back on Monday at 6PM EST to claim my ticket spot in line. I then need to go back at 8PM to claim my spot in line for the event. The event starts at 9PM.

#tipsforyou
Was telling my mom, and she said Gamestop actually called my sister and they said something was happening at 3pm (She has it written down as 'group something' :rolleyes:) but they did say the event starts at 9. Maybe that's when the ticket stuff starts? Idk about waiting in line for an hour though oof. I'm curious as to how many people might actually show up at my Gamestop though.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Was telling my mom, and she said Gamestop actually called my sister and they said something was happening at 3pm (She has it written down as 'group something' :rolleyes:) but they did say the event starts at 9. Maybe that's when the ticket stuff starts? Idk about waiting in line for an hour though oof. I'm curious as to how many people might actually show up at my Gamestop though.
Yeah there were a lot of times mentioned. They did mention a 2pm or 3pm time that they would be getting the TV (?) and may have Injustice setup to play in the interim.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
An event? Oh nah, screw that. I thought he meant just walk in and pick it up at 9 lol. I might drive by to see what’s up but it will probably be crazy in my area. Fuck lines.

People got into fist fights over cod years ago and haven’t been to a midnight launch since. I’m over all of that shit. I’m not going to jail over a video game lol.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
An event? Oh nah, screw that. I thought he meant just walk in and pick it up at 9 lol. I might drive by to see what’s up but it will probably be crazy in my area. Fuck lines.

People got into fist fights over cod years ago and haven’t been to a midnight launch since. I’m over all of that shit. I’m not going to jail over a video game lol.
Okay, so I'm getting in a line at 8pm for the event (tournament) to start at 9pm. If I win the tournament I get my copy ($60) for free plus I get the tin and mask.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Okay, so I'm getting in a line at 8pm for the event (tournament) to start at 9pm. If I win the tournament I get my copy ($60) for free plus I get the tin and mask.
Ohh ok so the event is just for your personal GameStop. Mine probably is just pick up.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Okay also... my local GameStop got about 10 tins. They didnt receive the masks yet, but they told me that every store should be getting around 30 of them.
Did yours say that if you preordered your copy you definitely get MK tins and scorp mask. Mine told me that, it said on their site so I make sure to hold them to that and not just give that stuff away lol

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Ohh ok so the event is just for your personal GameStop. Mine probably is just pick up.
Nope. Should be all.
Did yours say that if you preordered your copy you definitely get MK tins and scorp mask. Mine told me that, it said on their site so I make sure to hold them to that and not just give that stuff away lol
Ummm... I was told for the event / first come, first serve.

Believe me, when I get there at 6pm to put my name in I'm going to be asking about getting the tin and mask.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nope. Should be all.

Ummm... I was told for the event / first come, first serve.

Believe me, when I get there at 6pm to put my name in I'm going to be asking about getting the tin and mask.
Ok so I called both of my local ones, and the one I preordered mine with said not to worry If I preordered. While the other that I didn't preorder from was like "it's a first come, first serve" so I'm thinking it depends on the GS. Does anyone on here work for GS? lol this doesn't sound consistent with their chain but whatever lol. Seems it varies by the GS. Yeah they told me to get there at least an hour early but I'm thinking I'm going to go there at 7pm, I'll be like yeah I'll just chill here for 2 hours I want my tins and masks! Everytime I asked, at first they were like "oh yeah KE you get a Scorpion mask bust" I'm like no, not that the actual mask cloth Scorpion mask! lol :D

I also just found out apparently mine are not holding tournaments this time, so perhaps that's why. It may be different with the GS if they have an event/tourney or not. Thanks though, was curious.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Yeah there were a lot of times mentioned. They did mention a 2pm or 3pm time that they would be getting the TV (?) and may have Injustice setup to play in the interim.
Ah, my scrub ass getting beat in Injustice while I wait? Nada lol. I'll have to wait and see how I feel tbh. I'm sick rn and Idk if sitting in line or rubbing up on some controllers for a long period of time is a good idea haha. Not trying to get anyone sick on release day.

:confused: I've never gone to an early release like this. Whatever's the quickest, get in/get out, is probably ideal. I'm sure a line will be inevitable though.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Ok so I called both of my local ones, and the one I preordered mine with said not to worry If I preordered. While the other that I didn't preorder from was like "it's a first come, first serve" so I'm thinking it depends on the GS. Does anyone on here work for GS? lol this doesn't sound consistent with their chain but whatever lol. Seems it varies by the GS. Yeah they told me to get there at least an hour early but I'm thinking I'm going to go there at 7pm, I'll be like yeah I'll just chill here for 2 hours I want my tins and masks! Everytime I asked, at first they were like "oh yeah KE you get a Scorpion mask bust" I'm like no, not that the actual mask cloth Scorpion mask! lol :D
Yeah... same boat. I'm going early. I want everything.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
So here’s a new question...

Can you pre-order a digital copy at GameStop and still get the bonus tin, and 9pm release? Or would it automatically be locked to midnight?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
So here’s a new question...

Can you pre-order a digital copy at GameStop and still get the bonus tin, and 9pm release? Or would it automatically be locked to midnight?
I don't believe you can do the digital copy. They only have the physical copies. If you're going to preorder, you need to do it asap. You also have to go to the store to preorder... you can't do it over the phone.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I don't believe you can do the digital copy. They only have the physical copies. If you're going to preorder, you need to do it asap. You also have to go to the store to preorder... you can't do it over the phone.
Oh I’ve already pre-ordered the Premium Edition the very first day it was available, lol. I ordered on PSN though. I’m just impatient! :D

Strangely I randomly looked at the Kollector’s Edition on Monday, and it was available for pre-order. I was surprised as hell. Went to the store on Tuesday and was told they sold out within a day or two (as I expected), and website wouldn’t let him. I checked when I got home, and the PS4 version was now gone. But the Xbox version was still available. Wtf? So I went through the motions, and got all the way to the shipping, but it wanted me to pay $30 or $50 or something ridiculous like that to get it on release day, and no option for store pickup. So I just cancelled out of it. Would’ve done it if it was free shipping.

Not sure what that was all about. Maybe all the cancellations got re-released for sale on Monday? The day I randomly decided to look.

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Im throwing an launch event for my local gamestop

the guys here said they were only allotted 5 tins+masks and we're giving them away as tournament prizes and the rest as door prizes.

My gamestop is giving away copies of the game at 9pm on monday if you preorder. You can preorder day of from what I understand as long as its before like 6pm.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Just for more confirmation, I went to my Gamestop yesterday to ask about the tin and mask and they said it would be first come first serve given out at the preorder tournament. So get there early!

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
I went gamestop they only have 5 each he showed me the lunch box i must have it. Also at 4pm u can pre ring and receive the bonuses without the game early.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Curious, what time zone are you?
mountain standard time. The cashier told me to be there at 1pm and so shall i be lol. They are not having a tournament at all the only thing special is pre ring and also a johnny cage poster on top of the steel case lunch box and mask. Ill be camping out pretty much.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
mountain standard time. The cashier told me to be there at 1pm and so shall i be lol. They are not having a tournament at all the only thing special is pre ring and also a johnny cage poster on top of the steel case lunch box and mask. Ill be camping out pretty much.
Okay... EST here. Yeah, I'll be hovering over GameStop probably all day on Monday.

I'm just hoping that on top of the extras they have for launch, that they will remain holding onto the marketing materials for me come May. I'll probably ask about it all again on Monday... lol.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Okay... EST here. Yeah, I'll be hovering over GameStop probably all day on Monday.

I'm just hoping that on top of the extras they have for launch, that they will remain holding onto the marketing materials for me come May. I'll probably ask about it all again on Monday... lol.
oh yeah im trying to grab statues and marketing materials too lol