What's new

Guide - Commando Full Commando Kano Guide

Jupe

Noob
It's pretty shit but good for punishing stuff like smokes teleport.
Also not low profiled by as many moves as b1 is I think. Good button to press after scorpion's teleport cancel, ravenous mileena's flip etc. where they are only a little bit minus but might try to poke with a low profiling button.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Also not low profiled by as many moves as b1 is I think. Good button to press after scorpion's teleport cancel, ravenous mileena's flip etc. where they are only a little bit minus but might try to poke with a low profiling button.
It's also good for punishing moves that leave opponents airborne. You can get 32 32 32. Grab after a blocked ball roll from mileena lol

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
The recent patches really did wonders for Commando Kano. I'll certainly refer to this guide from time to time, good stuff!

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Very nice guide so far. Very impressive and detailed.

Will you be covering more of his advanced defensive options & his offense options to get in on his more troublesome opponents?

I think a lot of people shy away from commando because he's not as easy or eyebrow raising has a let's say alien or millena so I'm glad your putting out a really nice guide showing what an incredible & amazing character we have here.

Great stuff. And your right about the ball cancels in this variation. He needs the meter more for choke, parries, cmd enders and breakers. He needs 2 bars almost all the time.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Very nice guide so far. Very impressive and detailed.

Will you be covering more of his advanced defensive options & his offense options to get in on his more troublesome opponents?

I think a lot of people shy away from commando because he's not as easy or eyebrow raising has a let's say alien or millena so I'm glad your putting out a really nice guide showing what an incredible & amazing character we have here.

Great stuff. And your right about the ball cancels in this variation. He needs the meter more for choke, parries, cmd enders and breakers. He needs 2 bars almost all the time.
Don't really know what you mean by advanced defensive options.

I think you should mostly use your meter for WUs, counter armor and breakers.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I think it's worth mentioning the instant air ball and B3 50/50. It's sooooooooo unsafe but the enemy has no reason to block standing other than guessing an instant air ball is coming so it's pretty reliable. What are they gonna do, randomly let themselves get hit by B3 into a combo because the threat of instant air ball exists? No they're just gonna get hit by the air ball.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I think it's worth mentioning the instant air ball and B3 50/50. It's sooooooooo unsafe but the enemy has no reason to block standing other than guessing an instant air ball is coming so it's pretty reliable. What are they gonna do, randomly let themselves get hit by B3 into a combo because the threat of instant air ball exists? No they're just gonna get hit by the air ball.
Really not worth it 90% of the time.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Just saw your parry video for the guide on youtube.

Just wanted to say that you can parry Liu Kang's and Kung Jin's flying kick, but it has to be SUPER close and at the part of the animation when they are still grounded. Same with Johnny's and Sonya's. In other words, unless you're a mind reader, not worth it. :p

ando1184

Noob

Just wanted to say that you can parry Liu Kang's and Kung Jin's flying kick, but it has to be SUPER close and at the part of the animation when they are still grounded. Same with Johnny's and Sonya's. In other words, unless you're a mind reader, not worth it. :p
Kung Jin yes, but I have yet to parry LK and I've been practically within the same space and even tried in the corner but that move just doesn't register like the rest. How did you get it to work?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

hmm didn't know that. Will post videos here in a bit, I have a fever and composing guides isn't really at the top of my list atm lol

kantboy-2

Ripper
I'm labbing it as well and now I can't do it with Liu Kang OR Kung Jin. I used to do it with kung's fly kick fairly consistent and I know I did it at least with LK bicycle kick, but now I can't. Shaolin Rising Kick never worked for parry as much as I remember. So scratch that. My apologies. Everybody else works perfect up close. Did they change that in the last patch or was the successful parry on those two a glitch? Well, scratch one option against those two. :mad:

The only other move that I can't stop mid range with parry, but is perfectly parried up close is Kano ball.

ando1184

Noob
I think characters that parry in general just can't parry certain moves but it looks like they should. The moves that "can't" be parried I'm currently making a list of and il get back to you guys with my findings. I'm testing airborne-esc moves that can be parried.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
The guide is done, I'm just gonna add some cosmetic changes and change any potential factual errors. Not to toot my own horn but this should probably be stickied but I don't know who to tag. @STORMS maybe? Sorry if you're not the one :/