What's new

Fujin leaked?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
If this is real (which it most likely is) i wonder how he will play. So many characters have wind moves, itll be nice to see.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like Fujin, but is he really popular enough to warrant a DLC spot? I feel like NRS could make bank with someone else
Everyone has been a little tired of Raiden, he is the alternate earthrealm protector afterall.

But if its real i kinda want to see what they will do with him.

Slymind

Noob
Im positive He was KP1, till some douchebag demanded Joker First. He Will open KP2, which is still a long way to go.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That's the first I ever heard of that. I am certainly not tired of Raiden.
Raiden has been like in every MK game except MK3 and maybe UMK3, but i don't recall Raiden skipping a game after that.
That's the thing a lot of ppl can't see past their mains, but i'm a guy who has been into MK lore since the MK lore, way before encyclopedia wiki and stuff, nd everything, i can tell you, Fujin is just as lovable, but he just doesn't have many chances

I think gameplay design its takes a huge part on how someone can relate to a character, it can either go great or go bad.
Like i loves the concept of them bringing Bo' Rai Cho, and despite the issues he had specially with his most diverse variation on Drunken Master, he still felt lackluster and some of the design options could have been better, this of course undermined Bo's reputation once again as a terrible character.
Fujin its on the same line with Bo' Rai Cho, his MK4 design its the most popular gameplay wise, but that stuff is just as bland and doesn't have much to weight in as an interesting character.

There are even mugen adaptations of Fujin in 2D plane and they aren't really big deal, he can fly, fire a projectile energy in zig zag diagonal arc with his cross bow, lift small tornados like ermac does lift, slam them into the ground and that's it, there isin't anything really off the charts with his playstyle, but its what got him some popularity.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Warner Bros. took down the video with a copy right claim which means it's definitely legit. Plus they already found him in the game files way back, of course.

Fujin is probably my most wanted character, so I'm pretty excited.

I like Fujin, but is he really popular enough to warrant a DLC spot? I feel like NRS could make bank with someone else
Yes.

Fujin has been one of the more requested characters that isn't an MK1-3 character, especially back in the MKX days. I remember him ranking very high on a lot of community polls, and NRS has even acknowledged this multiple times and went as far as putting an Easter Egg saying "Has anyone unlocked Fujin yet?" in MKX.

haketh

Noob
I wouldn't say Fujin is super popular to warrant a DLC spot but that's why the GUest exist to help offset characters like that not being as popular

Gamer68

Fujin!
Tremor, Tanya, and Bo' Rai Cho weren't super popular but they all still made it in MKX over characters like Noob Saibot, Jade, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Baraka, etc.

Pretty sure that NRS has already said before that they don't like doing just the popular characters and they like doing some of the lesser known ones to change things up and offer more variety. If they didn't you would get the same roster every game. Needs to be a mix of popular, obscure, and guest characters.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I remember in MKX all I saw was “We want Fujin! Wtf Leatherface?! No Fujin!?” And now all I’m seeing is “Ugh Fujin? Dollar brand Raiden? We need ninjas!”
Between him, Ash and Sheeva he’s my least hyped for KP2 but I’m pretty happy with him finally being in a game

Gamer68

Fujin!
I remember in MKX all I saw was “We want Fujin! Wtf Leatherface?! No Fujin!?” And now all I’m seeing is “Ugh Fujin? Dollar brand Raiden? We need ninjas!”
Between him, Ash and Sheeva he’s my least hyped for KP2 but I’m pretty happy with him finally being in a game
I know, it's pretty weird. I like Reptile and wish he was in the game but honestly I would rather have Fujin because Reptile was in the past two games and NRS basically only used him as a jobber for story mode.

Fujin is a character we haven't gotten in like a decade or so, and the dialogue seems to portray him as a more laid back and down-to-earth god, even saying that he likes to hang out with Jax because he enjoys a good time. Every other god, demigod, super powerful whatever is always so serious and Fujin seems to be change for once. Especially in comparison to Raiden aka Mr. I Must Consult With The Elder Gods.

Even if the dialogue is misleading, the fact that Fujin hasn't been in a game for so long and has received a fair amount of requests up to this point is enough to justify getting ONE dlc spot.