What's new

FT3 or FT2

What´s better for Kombat League? First to 5 or First to 3?

• FT3

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • FT2

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

LEGEND

YES!
Does anyone feel like their overall win to loss ratio has changed because of the change from FT3 to FT2. I feel like I win pretty much as often in FT2 as I did in FT3, and I’m at the same rank I made it to last season(God). So I don’t know if it really makes that big of a difference.
the stats for this have been done before for other fighting games a long time ago and it ends up not really having an impact.

FT3 just makes people feel better about their loss. They might go 3-1 instead of 2-0 in a set or have more time to feel like they didn't get completely rolled.

The only exception to this is when a game is brand new. FT3 gives the player with better fundamentals more time to understand the game and what's going on. But I think we're at the point where that's not really a problem anymore. People should know their MUs and gimmicks by now.

On the topic of KL specifically. FT2 is absolutely the right choice. FT3 is way too much of a time investment. I'd say the vast majority of MUs in this game almost time out if played properly. So, a potential 5 games of that takes a whole lot longer than 3.

josephf5

Noob
the stats for this have been done before for other fighting games a long time ago and it ends up not really having an impact.

FT3 just makes people feel better about their loss. They might go 3-1 instead of 2-0 in a set or have more time to feel like they didn't get completely rolled.

The only exception to this is when a game is brand new. FT3 gives the player with better fundamentals more time to understand the game and what's going on. But I think we're at the point where that's not really a problem anymore. People should know their MUs and gimmicks by now.

On the topic of KL specifically. FT2 is absolutely the right choice. FT3 is way too much of a time investment. I'd say the vast majority of MUs in this game almost time out if played properly. So, a potential 5 games of that takes a whole lot longer than 3.
I think the option to change characters would make a way bigger difference than FT2 or FT3. Being stuck with the same character for an entire set in a bad match up is excruciating.

I think the option to change characters would make a way bigger difference than FT2 or FT3. Being stuck with the same character for an entire set in a bad match up is excruciating.
Then it's just MK11 Kombat League again.

You win one match and someone quickly goes to character select to try and counterpick with a better character instead of use the character they're locked in with and trying a different Kameo. Oh and since it's going to stay as first to two you're not allowed to adapt past the 1 match.

No thank you.

josephf5

Noob
Then it's just MK11 Kombat League again.

You win one match and someone quickly goes to character select to try and counterpick with a better character instead of use the character they're locked in with and trying a different Kameo. Oh and since it's going to stay as first to two you're not allowed to adapt past the 1 match.

No thank you.
The winner of the first match always gets the last counter pick, unless they just win 2-0.

Apock

Noob
It's crazy you wait 5 minutes for a game just to play FT2 for 3 minutes. I've been waiting more for a match than playing.

On line practice mode would help with that I guess

rifraf

Noob
Is there a chance we're getting FT3 back? I started playing ranked this season due to the new filters and I think FT3 would be so much better.

josephf5

Noob
It's crazy you wait 5 minutes for a game just to play FT2 for 3 minutes. I've been waiting more for a match than playing.

FT2 takes more than 3 minutes even if it only goes to 2 games. It can take about 10 if it goes to the 3rd game.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces

Dude, are you playing on PC or console? I play on PS5 and never wait more than like a minute for a game. I would straight up NOT play this game if it took 5 minutes to find a match...

Chubbuddy

The Quirkiest
The competitive Ranked mode, which had FT3 like almost every tournament, made it FT2 to appeal to casuals... I don't think I need to say anymore lmao, FT2 is trash.

i hope they revert the change,and bring it back to 3 wins needed.With how many cheesy strategies the online enviorment enables i think its neccessary.

rifraf

Noob
The competitive Ranked mode, which had FT3 like almost every tournament, made it FT2 to appeal to casuals... I don't think I need to say anymore lmao, FT2 is trash.
I browse the official MK1 subreddit(which I consider much more casual than here) quite frequently and interestingly enough, I've never actually seen anyone complaining about FT3 in ranked. I'm sure there was feedback from somewhere that FT3 was not preferable or something but I surely never seen it.

It's like a mystery to me honestly :laughing:

Chubbuddy

The Quirkiest
I browse the official MK1 subreddit(which I consider much more casual than here) quite frequently and interestingly enough, I've never actually seen anyone complaining about FT3 in ranked. I'm sure there was feedback from somewhere that FT3 was not preferable or something but I surely never seen it.

It's like a mystery to me honestly :laughing:
There were some tweets that def got some attention, and I doubt NRS changed it because of these, but... lmao.

Attachments