What's new

Frost

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Frost's assist cooldowns:

Ground Freeze: 12 seconds
Ice Pillar: 12 seconds
Ice Stabs: 10 seconds
Ice Orb: 20 seconds (cooldown doesn't start until the orb goes away)

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Very Frost-like to have a cool setup move that noone seems to be able to find cool setups for

Ardet

Noob
Oh yeah Johnny also. I have been using her with Johnny. You can set it up with him to be suuuper plus so you either grab them into ball or f32 and ball will freeze them since setup is near them on wakeup. You do any launcher into s4 freeze, dash fully charged b2 backdash into bkameo and you are hella plus with ball very near them. But it will glitch enemy's animation he will desend into ground, half of his body will be into ground lol. Looks funny.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Have they changed Frost in the Omniman patch? She seems a LOT better than I remember?

Jynks

I dunno she feels better.. like is the ball faster or something?

Ardet

Noob
They fixed that bug I was talkin about with enemy desending into ground after freeze in air. But overall she is same as before as I noticed.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
So, does anyone have any idea which character works best with Frost? I'd like to try learning a character that actually wants Frost as a kameo fighter.

Ardet

Noob
So, does anyone have any idea which character works best with Frost? I'd like to try learning a character that actually wants Frost as a kameo fighter.
I use her with Geras and she goes really well with Geras. You can turn any combo into setup if you have 1 bar and 1 kameo bar. So it goes like this, you end combo into ex time stomp dash f44-bkameo (ex freeze must be lower on the ground so f44 can connect). When frost ball is released Geras is plus so you have mixup in sence of command grab or mid hiting b12. If cg hits you have free combo and if you hit b12 you have to hitconfirm into db4 for full combo. They cant poke or jump ot b12, they can only armor which you can bait. In corner is even easier. After ex freeze you do f3 into backdash bkameo and same 5050 situation, only this time you do just b1, if it hits ball will freeze them into kombo if they block you get pressure after ball on block. Also, geras can make his f44, b12 and f242 plus 4 with neutral kameo and threath of full screnn low is always present. So I really love this team.

Ardet

Noob
I also like to use her with Johnny aswell. After grounded freeze you can hype up and continue combo (hard link but doable) or you can go into your hype combo with s4-hype-nut etc. But why I play this team the most is because of ball setup again. After 212 or any string into ex raising punch you can dash s4 into fkameo, freeze them midair dash and do fully charged b2. Then you do bkameo and you are heavily plus to do mixup between grab or hit with mid. Hiting f32 freezes them with ball for combo continuation or pressure if they block. After grab into freeze you getup and dash to continue. Same comcept ad Geras setup.

josephf5

Noob
anyone has ever paired frost with reptile?
That was my first team when I got the game. They were okay. She works well with Reptile in the sense that she’s a pretty straight forward Kameo that can work with any character. I liked doing his b31 into ice carpet instead of acid ball, because sometimes if you hit b31 from too far away, acid ball won’t combo and they can still block it even though b31 connected. That never happens with ice carpet. Also, because Reptile has no full screen projectiles, she’s helpful against people who try to zone you out, because you can trade ice carpet with their projectile to freeze them and get in for free.

I don’t think she’s Reptile’s best Kameo, though. I think she’s a good starter Kameo for him if you’re just trying to learn him and want an easy Kameo to team him with, but you’ll probably struggle with her against better players. Or at least I did.

Paradoxxx

You smell of desperation...
That was my first team when I got the game. They were okay. She works well with Reptile in the sense that she’s a pretty straight forward Kameo that can work with any character. I liked doing his b31 into ice carpet instead of acid ball, because sometimes if you hit b31 from too far away, acid ball won’t combo and they can still block it even though b31 connected. That never happens with ice carpet. Also, because Reptile has no full screen projectiles, she’s helpful against people who try to zone you out, because you can trade ice carpet with their projectile to freeze them and get in for free.

I don’t think she’s Reptile’s best Kameo, though. I think she’s a good starter Kameo for him if you’re just trying to learn him and want an easy Kameo to team him with, but you’ll probably struggle with her against better players. Or at least I did.
yeah, i was testing her these days , the good thing she has is you can go invis mid combo after ice carpet, but i couldn't find a safe way for the ice bomb to come out. only if you cut the combo short and use it after a forceball ,but they can wake up & punish. generally i use sektor cause i like set ups,that;s why i picked up frost to see if there is some dirt,but not so much after all...

Marinjuana

Frost (Kameo)
  • Snow Flakes now begins traveling 10 frames faster, lasts for 20 more frames, & had its collision slightly adjusted

Marinjuana

I don't know who mentioned this first to me but Sindel has B23~Snow Flakes(Setup freeze) is safe on hit and pressures the opponent with the flake. You can get freezes off her sweep and other moves as well as armor breaks depending on the matchup. She also gets very good advantage from her cartwheel which could get the snowflake out as a zoning thing. The main draw of Frost has to be the carpet for zoning and combos but I like this synergy. Anyone have tech with this team?

Jynks

saw some sweet frost setups with Quan on the newest TMS ... it is the 1st fight in the video.