What's new

Friday The 13th: The Game Discussion Thread

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
it is an opinion. In my experience the best kinds of horror stories rely on a slow methodical buildup of tension, not quick action or a rapid series of jump scares.
Yea but unlike a movie that you watch once every few months it's a game you're constantly playing.

Boring slow gameplay in the pretense of a scary situation takes out immersion.

Also if you've seen DBD it's not about jumpscares either.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Yea but unlike a movie that you watch once every few months it's a game you're constantly playing.

Boring slow gameplay in the pretense of a scary situation takes out immersion.

Also if you've seen DBD it's not about jumpscares either.
Each match is going to be roughly 15-20 minutes from what the devs are saying I guess. I think it isn't constantly going to be slow, from the sounds of it the game will be fast when it needs to be. Jason can get upgrades throughout the match such as teleporting and some of the campers have good run speed. And even when it is slow, I think that would make me think more. Plan out my strategy to survive until the night is over, or my strategy to eliminate all the other players.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The assumption that slow = boring speaks more about your personal preferences than it does about game design.
I don't necessarily hate slow-paced games I'm just speculating that it's probably not gonna work in this case. Especially with how the game is shown so far it seems like it'd be a snoozefest to play as Jason. The kill animations will also get old fast, just like fatalities after the first 2 weeks.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I don't necessarily hate slow-paced games I'm just speculating that it's probably not gonna work in this case. Especially with how the game is shown so far it seems like it'd be a snoozefest to play as Jason. The kill animations will also get old fast, just like fatalities after the first 2 weeks.
I believe they said over 400 kills where thought up of for the game, but only 40 something is going to actually make the cut (get it?). I could be way off, but I think they said that in a panel.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I believe they said over 400 kills where thought up of for the game, but only 40 something is going to actually make the cut (get it?). I could be way off, but I think they said that in a panel.
That's less than the number of fatalities mkxl has. And since it'll be seen more frequently it'd get really old fast as well. I can only hope that you're wrong and that there'd be more.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
New counselor! The first to die jokes are so obvious here do we even need to make them?
I un-ironically hope his special ability is to use his basketball to cross the shit out of Jason and temporarily break his ankles so that he can get an easier escape.

Only serial killing going on is him killing those knee-caps.

---

I wouldn't mind the 2009 costume(which, may be a blasphemous opinion to some other fans, my favorite in the series):