What's new

Friday The 13th: The Game Discussion Thread

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
So after visiting the MK universe, Jason makes his way back to his home turf Camp Crystal Lake, in the new online survival horror game based off of the 80s horror films.
The game is going to work like this- One randomly selected player is going to be Jason Voorhees (Yes there are going to be multiple alternate costumes based off of the past films), while all the other players are going to be camp counselors (There are multiple different counselors to choose from, each with their own strengths and weaknesses). Jasons goal is to brutally murder all of the counselors with any weapon in sight (including his fists) while the counselors goal is to survive the night.

The game has an all star cast behind it. Kane Hodder, the man who portrayed Jason in four different films, will be doing the motion capture for the character. Tom Savini who did the gore effects for multiple classic horror films (Including the original F13, F13 part 4, Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2, Maniac, and so much more) will be the mind behind all of the different kills in the game. Harry Manfredini, the man behind the music for the films, will be doing the score as well.

The game is set to release in October for PS4, Xbox One, and Steam, however there are rumors it will be held back until November. I have been a fan of these movies for the majority of my life, so this is the hypest I have been for a game that is not a fighting game for a while. Simply cannot wait to play this for hours on end. Let me know if you guys are going to pick up the game!
UPDATE: THE GAME HAS BEEN DELAYED UNTIL EARLY 2017! But for good reason, we are getting a single player mode!

Last edited:
Kinda hoping it'll be good, but expecting it to be mediocre. For some reason I've never been able to get into asymmetrical multiplayer games.

Probably still pick it up unless it gets super bad reviews.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, it was just a joke. I didn't really think they would gimp all of the black characters in a horror video game due to the reputation of horror movies.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Glad my favorite Slasher is getting a game and has FUCKING SACK HEAD! Episode 2 design best design. Come on NRS! GIMME DAT COSTUME!
Relentless Variation should have had sack head instead of that chrome mask. But yeah they are going to be adding a lot of looks from the different films (they already announced like 7 or 8) and I just cant wait. I get to play as part 7 Jason....oh my god that design.....

This is also true xD probably more so than killing token characters for Friday the 13th that is.
yeah, I'm just talking about the F13 movies. Not horror in general.

And honestly the only black characters I can recall off the top of my head in F13 didn't die first. I'm far from an expert though.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
yeah, I'm just talking about the F13 movies. Not horror in general.

And honestly the only black characters I can recall off the top of my head in F13 didn't die first. I'm far from an expert though.
The one where he possesses people (the one in the city, I can't remember the number) first character to die is a black guy I believe if I remember correctly...i really like F13...i know a lot xD

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
As a huge fan of Dead by Daylight, I'm very interested to see where this game actually goes. DBD is a LOT of fun for quite a cheap price IMO. Friday the 13th looks so cool though because it's Jason, and he appears to have a wide variety of executions.