What's new

Freeze glitch post-patch

Can anyone confirm whether bombs will still fail to freeze after the 09/24 patch?

I think CSZ is underrated but this one inconsistency is really irritating.

RE_4Alice

Banned
they have no reason to freeze all the time when he has unmatched speed rushdown safe dive kicks and spammable parry...

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
they have no reason to freeze all the time when he has unmatched speed rushdown safe dive kicks and spammable parry...
Lol @ safe dive kicks!

Despite the fact that there has been nothing proved as of yet as to any possible infinites or whatever involving bombs always freezing (reason apparently why they don't do it), it seems they really don't care about CSZ apparently. As far as I've read about the subject, it ain't happening. 'Tiz unforunate.

I can understand them not wanting to make the bombs freeze the opponent in every context, but that doesn't explain why naked bombs will freeze sometimes and not others. I was under the impression that was 100% not intended.

I think that NRS consider him some kind of joke and don't really care what happens to him. At least that is what I have heard.

GetMindFxcked

Blood Tier
NRS should really patch this up because it gets really annoying to have to guess if the ice bomb will freeze or not.

zee

Icy
NRS should really patch this up because it gets really annoying to have to guess if the ice bomb will freeze or not.
It's not a guess. If you release the bomb at a time when the opponent is able to block (i.e. not throwing a projectile, not in u4 stun, etc.) then it will freeze them 100% of the time. It will even freeze if you stun them afterwards right on top of a bomb, like with a dive kick. What matters is that they must have been able to block when you released it.

Altaire

Noob
Just FYI, Cyber Sub's bombs failing to freeze under normal circumstances will happen maybe 5% of the time, at most. It's very, VERY rare. Any other time, they will free when they should freeze, which is only if the opponent wasn't in vulnerable frames on launch or on hit. Yes, your opponent cannot be in a vulnerable state when the bomb hits OR when it's actually thrown out.

I main this character, and I've likely put more time into him than the other dozen characters I play combined (no exaggeration). Ask me, ask Pig, ask J360, ask Usedforglue: I guaran-fucking-tee that these people will tell you the same. You won't find anyone more dedicated to the character than the four of us, and all of us seem to work around this limitation just fine. There's no reason you can't.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
^^^I agree

This isnt really even a big deal. The bombs are like a Slot machine.

Every practical use i have them makes sense on why they do or dont react a certain way.

When i end my combos w u4 bomb cancel on knockdown it'd be retarded if NRS allowed the bombs to freeze.

Altaire

Noob
^^^I agree

This isnt really even a big deal. The bombs are like a Slot machine.

Every practical use i have them makes sense on why they do or dont react a certain way.

When i end my combos w u4 bomb cancel on knockdown it'd be retarded if NRS allowed the bombs to freeze.
To be honest, I don't think it'd be so overpowered since there's no way to ever get a guaranteed bomb after a knockdown, under any circumstances. You couldn't really abuse it, you'd just get more damage out of a successful setup (and in all fairness, Cyber Sub really has to work for them). On the other hand, I think it's fine that Cyber Sub's bombs don't always freeze. The 8% unbreakable damage is nice, but the advantage to a non-freeze bomb is the metric fuckton of advantage you get on hit. If you're in a neutral state when a non-freeze bomb hits, you almost ALWAYS have enough advantage to throw out another bomb. That one won't freeze either, but if that one hits as well, you can throw ANOTHER bomb, provided you're still at neutral (the one downside to landing a bomb freeze off a divekick/EX divekick). Of course, you can tailor your setups around this as well, which is something I try to do a lot of. Pig could probably vouch for that, I really pushed for that whenever I fought his Rain.

For some more shameless self-promotion, I'll be putting information in my guide about setups like these so you can try to get these knockdown bomb chains going for as long as you possibly can, so be on the lookout for that, November 7th. Check it out, bitches.