What's new

Freddy strategies and discussion

TeaBag

Jack Daniel's Supporter
Freddy is insane and very easy to use. He has a really good mix up game up close that leads to easy 40%+ combos with 1 bar. Don't have a bar? You can back up and zone. His projectiles are extremely fast and safe. They seem to work exactly like kund lao's projectiles(except ex versions). Ex ground claw seems to be a pretty decent wake up attack that has been working well for me. I feel like freddy is a mix between kung lao and ermac.
Here's some very easy to do 1 bar combos I have come up with so far:

Jump in 1,b1,2,u1 exdb1 Jump in 1,b1,2,u2,f4,2,1,dbf1 51%

Low Starter-
b3,ex db1,Jump in 1,b1,2,u2,db1,dash in f4,2,1,dbf1 47%

Overhead starter-
b2,ex db1,Jump in 1,b1,2,u2,db1,dash in f4,2,1,dbf1 49%

There's already a few more advanced and damaging combos floating around but whats good about these is how ridiculously easy they are.

Videos coming very soon. Anyway, discuss.

I found a good corner combo:

f4,2,1, db1, f4,2,1, ex db1, f4,2,1, db1 - 52% and is relatively easy to pull off. You can also add sweet dreams at the end to keep it going.

wolfe

Noob
keep in mind his damage is going to be fixed in a patch as its currently not scaling correctly. just putting it out there before you start putting up the damage % everywhere :)

Subby

Frost Warrior
keep in mind his damage is going to be fixed in a patch as its currently not scaling correctly. just putting it out there before you start putting up the damage % everywhere :)
This. Unless you REALLY like to edit, you might want to hold off the combos until the patch hits. Anyway, I feel that he is a very solid all-around character. And those prrojectiles are mighty damn fast. :confused:

Abudabi

Noob
thanks, it appears that the ex version of hell spike tracks no matter which one you throw out. DF, DB doesnt matter.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
There is already a thread for strategies and combos.

You have some of the wrong inputs up there btw. Nightmare stance would also do more damage in those low/overhead combos where you use ex early.

Alright now that he's been out for a few days and people have had time to mess around with gameplay, what do you guys feel is the most effective way to use Freddy? Discuss :)

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Spam Dream Shift. I'm not joking: it combines the core mechanic of Smoke's Smoke Towards/Away with the safety and speed of Raiden's Teleport. Use it in place of a backdash or dash, use it to cross your opponent up, or use it to avoid projectiles. And it builds meter, so no reason why you shouldn't abuse this move.

As for zoning ... Hell Spike, Freddy Fingers, Glove Toss, and Sweet Dreams make an interesting combination of tools. That covers a large portion of the screen. I'm thinking he could hold his own against other zoners without iA Fireballs

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Freddy seems most comfortable at jump-distance. It allows him to JIP combo after a well-placed EN Hellspike. It allows him to use his normal mid hellspike easily. It also allows him to teleport right beside his opponent or plainly JIP a combo right in. It leaves him enough reaction time for a nice EN Sweet Dreams and his projectiles with pretty fast recovery are still safe. Close hellspike is punishable so getting any closer just to throw the extra spike in is kinda useless. I like to teleport in front or behind my opponent and pop in an overhead or low-starter combo. You can mix it up with grabs when your opponent gets used to the drill. I also like to teleport away from my opponent then JIP. Most people will assume that teleporting away is a defensive move so they don't expect the JIP after.