What's new

Question - Johnny Cage Frame data

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
meterless Mimic uppercut is Actually 0 on block
But SD itself is pretty unsafe, if the opponent knows the matchup, if a SD cage does 113 is assuming his own death against anyone that could use armor..
I don't use mimic in competitive anymore, A-list is much more fun, and much more safe to play.. haha
It's not as simple as you make it sound. Tricking them into using armor is part of my gameplan. Block and punish.

I feel like 21skrc is pretty underrated. Super fast when canceling and it leads to a 113 combo on hit. And if you mess up the cancel 214 comes out which is neutral on block. Just need to be careful that you don't just do 21, as it's -9 on block. 2 also starts as a high but 1 hits mid.

Man f3skrc is godlike. Is there any point in using f34rc over f3skrc? f3skrc seems to lead to more block advantage and you can still combo afterwards.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
It's not as simple as you make it sound. Tricking them into using armor is part of my gameplan. Block and punish.
You're absolutelly right.. but when I play against other jhonny cage, I can easily see the 113, if they do only the 11 string, i won't be mashing armor.. just a opinion.. cause what I try to do is play safe.. and, in SD, "113 anything" is not safe at all ..

Last edited:

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Man f3skrc is godlike. Is there any point in using f34rc over f3skrc? f3skrc seems to lead to more block advantage and you can still combo afterwards.
You can easily combo after f34rc .. even without the run LOL. try f34dash cancel 113 , it will combo.. the cancel advantage on hit in this move is ridiculous.. I don't se any reason to use f3skrc

Last edited:
You can easily combo after f34rc .. even without the run LOL. try f34dash cancel 113 , it will combo.. the cancel advantage on hit in this move is ridiculous.. I don't se any reason to use f3skrc
You can do the same combos if f3skrc hits, but I'm pretty sure f3skrc is more advantage on block, so if your f3 gets blocked you're still at even more advantage if you were to just do f34rc.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
You're absolutelly right.. but when I play against other jhonny cage, I can easlity see the 113, if they do only the 11 string, i won't be mashing armor.. just a opinion.. cause what I try to do is play safe.. and, in SD, "113 anything" is not safe at all ..
Most good players know that after any 1,1 that you can guard both the 3, and the F2 with a well timed down block. If any SD Johnny is still doing the 1,1 "mixup" game after a nut punch, then they're doing it wrong.

1,1,3~anything should only be used after serious overhead conditioning.

I need to make a fucking SD guide. I wanna meet the man who knows more about this variation than I do. :-P

Most good players know that after any 1,1 that you can guard both the 3, and the F2 with a well timed down block. If any SD Johnny is still doing the 1,1 "mixup" game after a nut punch, then they're doing it wrong.

I need to make a fucking SD guide. I wanna meet the man who knows more about this variation than I do. :-P
That'd be awesome. I feel like I need SD for certain MUs like Sub-Zero. It feels like the MK9 MU on steroids.

zoofs

bless

I'm not trying to take anything away from you or be insulting as you probably do know more about sd johnny than me, but knowing that the 11 mixup is fuzzy guardable doesn't really mean anything. Most competent players that know the johnny mu are already preconditioned to the overhead as well.

zoofs

bless
Man 4 in 114 really needs to hit mid. That would make his pressure game in A-List so much better.
yeah he needs this, I also think they should leave fisticuffs as is but possibly make his chip buff cancellable similar to flame fist

I haven't played too much fisticuffs so this could be a dumb idea, but it seems pretty reasonable.