What's new

Forever King's new and improved Tier List

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Much respect to everyone involved, but to be honest:

It still seems too early to come up with an accurate tier list, especially after the patch.

Seems like there's still a lot of playing and grinding to be done, and just talking and conjecturing isn't enough to get there. And there still need to be enough high level representatives of certain characters to draw data from.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Much respect to everyone involved, but to be honest:

It still seems too early to come up with an accurate tier list, especially after the patch.

Seems like there's still a lot of playing and grinding to be done, and just talking and conjecturing isn't enough to get there. And there still need to be enough high level representatives of certain characters to draw data from.
But dude, grinding and playing takes concentrated effort whereas talking and conjecturing just takes me calling my buddies:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Since when did Aquaman not have any losing MU's? He loses to Shazam out of all characters, come on kids just play the game and stop crying about other people's opinions.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Damn M2dave keeping it real
Since when did Aquaman not have any losing MU's? He loses to Shazam out of all characters, come on kids just play the game and stop crying about other people's opinions.
What aqua are you playing? lol

Last edited:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Damn M2dave keeping it real

What aqua are you playing? lol
I've played plenty over my days as a shazam player, I don't remember their names nor do I try to, but I've never had any trouble with any aquaman, even vanilla aquaman vs shazam. As soon as shazam knocks aquaman down the match becomes hell, it's not hard for shazam to get past aquaman's zoning, and aquaman's good footsie tools are irrelevant to shazam.

Edit: And almost all shazam players are oblivious besides a gifted few.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I am SO glad this is picking up. LNSOCH, it needs to be used more.
LOL. What does it even mean? Soon people won't even use complete words and sentences to express themselves anymore. I can't keep up with the latest lingo I must be getting old.

I'll leave you guys with DFHYIENCOQNCQHFGOIHEHGSSBUQURI

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
While I'm iffy on this stuff(tier lists), I think you separated the groups a tad too much. There is really so little the distinguishes the A+ from the A and the A to B and so on. First though, Catwoman should be with the A tier. And from the looks of it, the characters with 1-3 losing MU's(mainly the supposed 7-3's), it kinda just ends there. It's not that it throws them down the ladder due to lack of tools entirely, but these losing MU's are simply a counter pick type MU. These select characters are the only ones that can negate their play, and these counters as well also have their own counter losing MU's. Quick example is Grundy vs Hawkgirl. Obvious answer there, but now keep in mind someone like Raven against Hawkgirl. And now Grundy vs Raven, and the cycle continues. The ones without losing MU's in this game aren't dominating with 6-4's entirely too. They have a good amount of 5-5's that they have to play on point.

I kinda lost what I was trying to finish off with. I'll maybe add it in later if I remember lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Angel's Scientific Analysis:

Injustice is a gigantic game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

One object loses to A, but defeats B.
B defeats C, but C beats D, and D beats A, and so on and so forth.
And that's before you even factor in variables like MB and regular interactables, FADC's, character type, the stage you're on, Trait VS Trait scenarios...
Doomsday's Trait is crucial VS Raven, but almost a liability against Superman if he has his on; Hawkgirl's Flight Mode is essential VS Grundy, but can make her a sitting duck against Deathstroke; Killer Frost VS Lex Luthor are two completely different fights between Stryker's Island and Atlantis. It goes on, and on, and on...

My point is...even if it were late enough in this game's life to really start seriously thinking this far ahead, the variability between scenarios makes constructing a true, finite tier list almost unquantifiable. The certainty of a character's placement, or their specific MU number against a certain opponent could be rendered moot simply by the location of the fight, or the opponent's abilities to exploit the mechanics and metagame better than you can. That's why these "meta-breaker" characters are the ones beginning to run roughshod over previous superpowers like Black Adam and Superman. Their particular tactics render the typical Injustice strategies almost invalid to someone who isn't adept and familiar in dealing with it. That's not to say people won't eventually learn better ways to manipulate Bane while he has Venom on, or knock Hawkgirl out of the sky, punish MMH's onslaught or Scorpion's vortexes, etc...it's just too soon to say for absolute certain how to deal with these problems, and once they have been dissected and dealt with, it's entirely likely you're going to end up with a very level and viable battlefield of characters, all of whom can deal with certain opponents and problems enough to be either viable, some of whom who'll inevitably be regarded as the best of the best, but none of whom who'll stand out in the end as truly overpowered.