What's new

Guide - Dualist FOREVER EL1TE's Dualist Guide (UPDATED) As of 3/20/16

It adds damage but I don't think sits huge plus. I was thinking of a b2/low orb mixup. But the b2 into orb OTG's and if blocked you'll get punished. Not saying that he needs a 50/50 launcher. But I don't think a low fireball launcher will help him that much. It makes sense that it's a low because it's a "low" orb. But what would've been a better single buff is the damage boost. Fixing the bug on that move and giving it less recovery would've been great

Reactions: GAV

jordan ewell

BlakBoywonder
I know this is a dualist thread but I play all 3 variations of liu, flame fist is freaking awesome now, can compete with dragons fire in my opinion and has better defensive options, I heard the dualist bug was fixed with the damage buff, that's awesome

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
My prayers have been heard! Low red orb hits LOW!

Liu Kang is going to be so sick now. The Champion of Mortal Kombat will make his glorious return! *runs into practice mode*

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@FOREVER EL1TE I've found that using s3 after uppercut combos in the corner allows for much better positioning of the orb, and a way to beat the corner bug. They tend to be to far past the opponent to be consistent in block traps, the only problem is that there is a bit of damage sacrifice.

Also the timing is a little tricky and I'm trying to find ways to get it to consistently jail but after ending a combo in the corner with an orb, f44 dragon fist on block will often jail into the orb, allowing plus frames after Kang has recovered from back fist. Depending on the timing, they are sometimes jailed into a f4 followup after the orb explodes. Because of the precise timing needed, sometimes they can armour before the orb explodes, and somtimes they can armour to beat your follow up f4, but it's a great block trap because they get launched if they try to press buttons before the orb explodes.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I feel like Flame Fist just made this variation completely obsolete...... we have great pressure, and orbs that are a great way to run in and take that pressure, and we get our damage buff fixed... but now he has much (MUCH) better pressure, he has much better projectiles for pressure, and a much (MUCH) better damage buff... exactly what does this variation do better than Flame Fist?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for buffs, I actually really like where Dualist is at... but I think Flame Fist needs to be toned down, although that's highly likely to be just a matter of time

How sexy would it be tho if they gave our Bicycle Kick "2n1" cancellable which many people are saying Dualist deserved more than Flame Fist :cool: I could see it happening and man would it make my day.

Until the changes I can't see any real reason to play this variation however :/

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I feel like Flame Fist just made this variation completely obsolete...... we have great pressure, and orbs that are a great way to run in and take that pressure, and we get our damage buff fixed... but now he has much (MUCH) better pressure, he has much better projectiles for pressure, and a much (MUCH) better damage buff... exactly what does this variation do better than Flame Fist?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for buffs, I actually really like where Dualist is at... but I think Flame Fist needs to be toned down, although that's highly likely to be just a matter of time

How sexy would it be tho if they gave our Biycycle Kick "2n1" cancellable which many people are saying Dualist deserved more than Flame Fist :cool: I could see it happening and man would it make my day.

Until the changes I can't see any real reason to play this variation however :/
DF already made this variation obsolete.

I GOT HANDS

DF already made this variation obsolete.
I wouldn't go that far. You can say DF was "better" as a whole, but Dualist has tools and options not available to DF. FF on the other hand.... just does everything Dualist does, but better.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I wouldn't go that far. You can say DF was "better" as a whole, but Dualist has tools and options not available to DF. FF on the other hand.... just does everything Dualist does, but better.
What tools? Worse zoning than DF, worse pressure than DF, worse damage. The only thing that Dualist has is the dark orb setups, but FF doesn't have that either.

I GOT HANDS

What tools? Worse zoning than DF, worse pressure than DF, worse damage. The only thing that Dualist has is the dark orb setups, but FF doesn't have that either.
I thought Dualist had the better pressure? What is DF's pressure that is better than Dualist?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
DF pressure is really straightforward. We haven't really found an identity yet with Dualist pressure, although I think it could be arguably much better than both DF's and FF's pressure in high level play. It's more of a space control kind of pressure rather than just rushdown, so apples and oranges.