What's new

Match-up Discussion - Dualist FOREVER EL1TE 'S DUALIST MU CHART

This is for dualist only. And there's some mu's that I don't know well.. Which will be marked with a "*".
The matchup numbers go (Liu vs opponent.) So a 6-4, means it's in our favor. The second mu number means possible.

Kung Lao- 5-5
I don't think his normals are a problem. He can't zone us, and both are good up close. Make sure to know his frame data and gaps. His enhanced spin is very good against our pressure. But F213 Stance Switch into f123 is a true block string. So you'll stuff his spin every time. I'd worry more about buzz saw than tempest. In buzz saw he can zone you and make you chase him.
Jax- 5-5,4-6.
This mu can go both ways. He has some of the best reversals in the game. I advise just blocking them than trying to stuff. Because if you guess wrong you'll lose some health. All variations feel the same mu wise.
Sonya- 5-5
All variations feel the same except Special Forces? Her drone eliminates our neutral game and she can zone. Once you're in, stay in.
Kenshi- 4-6,5-5
I don't normally have a problem with kenjustu. Balanced and possession is the problem. They outzone you well. Be patient and walk in. Watch out for run grab. When knocked down, use b12 to stuff wakeup every time. Save meter to.
Kitana - 5-5, 6-4
Just play then neutral game and get in. Low fireball can go under fan when timed. Don't let her jump and you shouldn't be jumping too. Mournful is the variation to look out for.
Scorpion - 4-6*
He'll make you chase him the whole time. His d4 and jump kick are too godlike. Be patient, walk in, and use b2 for that knockdown. HellFire is the one to look out for.
Sub zero - 4-6*
Simple: Clones stop momentum. Know his gaps and negative strings and no fireballs should be used at all! Unless in combos or pressure.
Milena - 6-4
You win. Pretty simple. The only thing to look out for is her small hit. She can make some of our mids miss with roll. Use F4 more.
Takeda - 6-4, 7-3
He's just too slow
Cassie Cage - 5-5*
Jacqui - 5-5, 6-4
Her normals suck, if they're not using full auto. This mu should be auto pilot.. 7-3. Duck the gun in full auto and pressure her ass
Kung Jin - 5-5, 6-4*
Shinnok - 4-6, 5-5
Bone shaper has liu beat 4-6. He zones you, and has better spacing/medium range normals than you. It's better to get the momentum first. The other variations are fine. Not too much experience on necromancer.
Kano - 5-5*
JC - 6-4
He can zone you somewhat in SD. but his main footsie normals don't compare to ours. A-List is the variation to look out for.
Erron Black - 5-5* ,
Ermac - 4-6, 3-7
His back jump kick with that force ball takes the mu. As long as he keeps jumping and running. You'll struggle. All variations oppose a problem but master of souls is the hardest.
Kotal Khan - 6-4
You can zone a little. But you don't zone him out. Don't anti air. His jump in will win 95% of time. Know his plus strings and bait his enhanced specials.
Reptile - 6-4
He just isn't a problem.
Ferra Torr - 5-5*
Dvorah - 6-4
She's really only good at the mid range. When you got her on the defensive, you rule the mu. Her armor sucks. And upclose you can demolish her.
Raiden - 5-5, 6-4*
Quan Chi - 5-5, 6-4
Up close you make it free. From far away he makes it hard to get in. Once you're in, body him with pressure and gimmicks. Since his normals suck, use all the gimmicks on him.
Goro - 6-4*
Tanya - 4-6, 5-5
Her mobility is too good. I played the mu before she was patched so I won't say much now. Knowing the mu can change.
Jason - 6-4
His normals are ass. Upclose you'll always have him on the ropes.
Predator - 5-5*

Even mu-10
Losing-7
Winning-9
Really bad -1
Really good -1

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Even full auto Jacqui doesn't have much to do against dualist. Liu Kang in general is by far her hardest MU. Her armour is absolutely terrible and iirc, she actually loses the fireball trades. Her range is stupid bad and she can't really apply pressure when she should be able to because of the way Liu works. Block string pressure is very strong against her. LK also gets in basically whenever he wants to.

High tech Jacqui is again really bad because now she has absolutely no full screen presence and your block string pressure is still better than hers.

Even full auto Jacqui doesn't have much to do against dualist. Liu Kamg in general is by far her hardest MU. Her armour is absolutely terrible and iirc, she actually loses the fireball trades. Her range is stupid bad and she can't really apply pressure when she should be able to because of the way Liu works. Block strong pressure is very strong against her. LK also gets in basically whenever he wants to.

High tech Jacqui is again really bad because now she has absolutely no full screen presence and your block string pressure is still better than hers.
Thanks for the input. In dualist his low fireball is bad compared to the other ones. So he has to walk her down more.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Thanks for the input. In dualist his low fireball is bad compared to the other ones. So he has to walk her down more.
He can punish a ducked guns from 1/2 screen with ex flying kick, he doesn't really need to walk in far hahaha.

Even if you miss the punish, it doesn't matter because Jacqui can't punish and you're now right in her face. Her 8 frame low poke doesn't reach so you can out poke her because her next best option is a 13 frame d4. Either way, it doesn't matter because she'll only get frame advantage if successful. It's stupid ._.

Last edited:

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
PLEASE upload your sets you gathered your nine winning matchups from.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
PLEASE say which variations you're fighting against for each match.

He can punish a ducked guns from 1/2 screen with ex flying kick, he doesn't really need to walk in far hahaha.

Even if you miss the punish, it doesn't matter because Jacqui can't punish and you're now right in her face. Her 8 frame low poke doesn't reach so you can out poke her because her next best option is a 13 frame d4. Either way, it doesn't matter because she'll only get frame advantage if successful. It's stupid ._.
I never knew he can do that
But in dualist I think his dragon kick is even more minus than the others. Idk if it's been changed post patch but I'll definitely look at it. Thanks for the tip

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
IMO this thread needs more colours, boldness etc... Let me help you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is for dualist only. And there's some mu's that I don't know well.. Which will be marked with a "*".
The matchup numbers go (Liu vs opponent.) So a 6-4, means it's in our favor. The second mu number means possible.

Kung Lao - 5-5

I don't think his normals are a problem. He can't zone us, and both are good up close. Make sure to know his frame data and gaps. His enhanced spin is very good against our pressure. But F213 Stance Switch into f123 is a true block string. So you'll stuff his spin every time. I'd worry more about buzz saw than tempest. In buzz saw he can zone you and make you chase him.
Jax- 5-5,4-6.
This mu can go both ways. He has some of the best reversals in the game. I advise just blocking them than trying to stuff. Because if you guess wrong you'll lose some health. All variations feel the same mu wise.
Sonya- 5-5
All variations feel the same except Special Forces? Her drone eliminates our neutral game and she can zone. Once you're in, stay in.
Kenshi- 4-6,5-5
I don't normally have a problem with kenjustu. Balanced and possession is the problem. They outzone you well. Be patient and walk in. Watch out for run grab. When knocked down, use b12 to stuff wakeup every time. Save meter to.
Kitana - 5-5, 6-4
Just play then neutral game and get in. Low fireball can go under fan when timed. Don't let her jump and you shouldn't be jumping too. Mournful is the variation to look out for.
Scorpion - 4-6*
He'll make you chase him the whole time. His d4 and jump kick are too godlike. Be patient, walk in, and use b2 for that knockdown. HellFire is the one to look out for.
Sub zero - 4-6*
Simple: Clones stop momentum. Know his gaps and negative strings and no fireballs should be used at all! Unless in combos or pressure.
Milena - 6-4
You win. Pretty simple. The only thing to look out for is her small hit. She can make some of our mids miss with roll. Use F4 more.
Takeda - 6-4, 7-3
He's just too slow
Cassie Cage - 5-5*

Jacqui - 5-5, 6-4

Her normals suck, if they're not using full auto. This mu should be auto pilot.. 7-3. Duck the gun in full auto and pressure her ass
Kung Jin - 5-5, 6-4*

Shinnok - 4-6, 5-5

Bone shaper has liu beat 4-6. He zones you, and has better spacing/medium range normals than you. It's better to get the momentum first. The other variations are fine. Not too much experience on necromancer.
Kano - 5-5*

Johnny Cage- 6-4

He can zone you somewhat in SD. but his main footsie normals don't compare to ours. A-List is the variation to look out for.
Erron Black - 5-5* ,

Ermac - 4-6, 3-7

His back jump kick with that force ball takes the mu. As long as he keeps jumping and running. You'll struggle. All variations oppose a problem but master of souls is the hardest.
Kotal Khan - 6-4
You can zone a little. But you don't zone him out. Don't anti air. His jump in will win 95% of time. Know his plus strings and bait his enhanced specials
Reptile - 6-4
He just isn't a problem.
Ferra Torr - 5-5*

Dvorah - 6-4

She's really only good at the mid range. When you got her on the defensive, you rule the mu. Her armor sucks. And upclose you can demolish her.
Raiden - 5-5, 6-4*

Quan Chi - 5-5, 6-4

Up close you make it free. From far away he makes it hard to get in. Once you're in, body him with pressure and gimmicks. Since his normals suck, use all the gimmicks on him.
Goro - 6-4*

Tanya - 4-6, 5-5

Her mobility is too good. I played the mu before she was patched so I won't say much now. Knowing the mu can change.
Jason - 6-4
Predator - 5-5*
-----------------------------
Even mu - 10

Losing - 7
Winning - 9
Really bad - 1
Really good - 1

~~~~~~

My brain itch is gone :D

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
7-3 takeda bro?? U think liu wins? Please tell me ur on ps4.

Not saying I disagree because I havent fought dualists, but I fight great liu kangs on the daily basis, both flame fist and dragons fire. There's ways around all the pressure.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
IMO this thread needs more colours, boldness etc... Let me help you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kung Lao - 5-5

Jax- 5-5,4-6.
Sonya- 5-5
Kenshi- 4-6,5-5
Kitana - 5-5, 6-4
Scorpion - 4-6*
Sub zero - 4-6*
Milena - 6-4
Takeda - 6-4, 7-3
He's just too slow
Cassie Cage - 5-5*

Jacqui - 5-5, 6-4

Kung Jin - 5-5, 6-4*

Shinnok - 4-6, 5-5

Kano - 5-5*

Johnny Cage- 6-4

Erron Black - 5-5* ,

Ermac - 4-6, 3-7

Kotal Khan - 6-4
You can zone a little. But you don't zone him out. Don't anti air. His jump in will win 95% of time. Know his plus strings and bait his enhanced specials
Reptile - 6-4
He just isn't a problem.
Ferra Torr - 5-5*

Dvorah - 6-4

Raiden - 5-5, 6-4*

Quan Chi - 5-5, 6-4

Goro - 6-4*

Tanya - 4-6, 5-5

Jason - 6-4
Predator - 5-5*
-----------------------------
Even mu - 10

Losing - 7
Winning - 9
Really bad - 1
Really good - 1

~~~~~~

My brain itch is gone :D

7-3 takeda bro?? U think liu wins? Please tell me ur on ps4.

Not saying I disagree because I havent fought dualists, but I fight great liu kangs on the daily basis, both flame fist and dragons fire. There's ways around all the pressure.
I think it's a 6-4 solid. But a possible 7-3

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I feel like you might be being just a little too generous to Dualist here friend. 6-4 vs Raiden for example?