What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Forced Retirement After MK:XL

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Now that it has been finalized and confirmed that the PC version will not get MK:XL I am announcing my retirement from the Sub-Zero community. It has been a fun journey of learning and battling but many others and I won't be able to test for new things in MK:XL because we only have the PC version. I will do my best to play on a friends console but as it stands my ability to test, find new tech and combos has been taken away. I can only hope the PC version is revived.

to tell you the truth it was my first thought to do what you just did.
i woke up today wanting to do some thread like this.
goodbye brother.
i understand and feel you.
we deserve better after supporting 20 years. thats practically 2/3 of my life.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
to tell you the truth it was my first thought to do what you just did.
i woke up today wanting to do some thread like this.
goodbye brother.
i understand and feel you.
we deserve better after supporting 20 years. thats practically 2/3 of my life.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Start a go fund me or something to get you a console!
I really have no interest in consoles and I'm not giving NRS or WB any of my money. If I was to do a go fund me it would be for something important.

This is so upsetting for me because I've been with MK since the Sega Genesis. I've stayed with it even through the dark times of the 3D era but this is something so hurtful that an original fan can't allow anymore of.

Hi. I am about buying a PS4 only to play with MKX (first). I hope the game will be even better than on PC (net code, etc). :D

And I am just started learning Sub Zero Grandmaster (after Ninjitsu) so I will join your community soon if you guys don't mind. :)

Sorry to hear that others quit due to that action and it is understandable.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Start a go fund me or something to get you a console!
This isn't so much about that he can't be a lab jockey anymore, so much as they dropped support for longtime fans like him. I've got it on XBone, but the horrible practices of WB Games when it comes to supporting PC has me pretty much done too.

Lokheit

Noob
We're going to lose many good ones because of this PC support decision. @Braindead too afaik. I should be gone too and I still wonder if I should drop it instead of getting the console version.

Not only it was a kick to all those loyal fans on the PC community, it's going to affect the whole community as many PC players loved the lab not to mention the avid data miners trying to find stuff.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I get that PC players feel wronged. You paid the same price for game that console players did, but aren't getting as much content. NRS will pay the price of losing its PC demographic forever.

I hope there's some sort of compensation for you guys. Maybe a free KP2/ discounter MKXL with proof of purchase of the PC edition if you do choose to buy the console version. We'll see. Sorry guys.

Lokheit

Noob
Pc is a dying race

And the graph shows revenues, pc games tend to be cheaper because of platforms like Steam and Gog, so probably in terms of games would be even better.

I'm a profesional of the industry and I've talked with a lot of veterans and I can assure you the PC boom in the last half decade is for real and you can see a lot of companies adjusting to it. A decade ago it was a no brainer to go for consoles but not anymore.

It's a pitty that not all of them are adapting so fast like in this particular case though.

Last edited: