What's new

? for the PS3 crowd

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I have been hearing that Elder Scrolls V on the PS3 just becomes unplayable after 30-40 hours into it and that Bethesda sent out 360 and PC versions for review to keep it out of the public eye till launch. Anyone have a PS3 that can confirm this?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Bethesda? More like Befailsda, so many people would be fired over this debacle if they were knowingly shipping broken software on closed platforms 10 years ago. I don't have the PS3 version (if I was to buy it, it'd be from Steam) but seriously, I wouldn't chance it.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I think I'm gonna wait till the GOTY edition comes out cause I doubt even Bethesda can let this one slide.

"On PlayStation 3, however, it's a different story. Due to what we've been told are incompatibilities between that console's memory distribution and the way Skyrim's engine handles its dynamic, persistent content, anyone who plays more than 30-40 hours of Skyrim -- a game meant to span hundreds of hours -- will inevitably reach a point at which the game simply becomes unplayable. The action slows to a crawl, items disappear, quests stop working. This, despite Bethesda's assurances that Skyrim would resolve Fallout 3's PS3-specific issues; even more infuriatingly, they made the press complicit in covering that version's flaws by distributing the 360 and Windows versions for review, "neglecting" to ship PS3 copies until Skyrim's launch."

That was on ign.com about the problem.

aj1701

Noob
What PS3 specific issues? I've logged like 300 hours in Fallout 3, and I never had any abnomal problems playing. The usual occasional lockup, but not what this describes. Also, isn't Skyrim a whole new engine?

Unless you are playing on the PC, you are always rolling the dice with Bethesda games.

The word from another forum I frequent (GiantBomb, for the record) is that it's hit and miss. Some people don't have any problems, and some people's saves are unplayable.

Like I said, rolling the dice.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
yeah the game is majorly buggy i played de shit outta it for two weeks an loads of crap went wrong finished quest not disappearing mammoths hundreds of feet in the air bad freezes where u actually have to unplug your x box to reset i got awfully sick of it fairly fast

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
you mean people actually want to use a ps3 for something other than blu-rays, netflix, uncharted and MK9 tourneys?

PC is the god tier among these lousy consoles...

Oh well, at least it has a blu-ray player and free netflix; will still have some use I suppose once next gen comes along. Stupid consoles...remember the days when you actually wanted to own a console because they had awesome games and were fun? Those were the days.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I was going to get a 360 but I'm not gonna buy all this xtra stuff just to play MK9 on it right. You would think after 10+years of sony having the best d-pad everyone else would have just followed suit.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I was going to get a 360 but I'm not gonna buy all this xtra stuff just to play MK9 on it right. You would think after 10+years of sony having the best d-pad everyone else would have just followed suit.
i was jk but having the best d-pad doesnt mean shit, especially when that controller is ass compared to the 360 pad in console terms, but again, thats not what this thread is about. i just wanted to bring a allbeit salty, laugh. :)

my bricked PS3 sends its hate.
so does my $600 60g -_-

so does my $600 60g -_-
damn, stock prices for those fat time bombs were insane. i got my 60gb for $100 from my little brother's friend, now all it does is play netflix and browse the internet.

but i mean, i have like 13-15 dead 360 mobo's in my attic, so...

also, had my brother not bought Skyrim and tried to play it on my already failing ps3, the BRD would probably still function