What's new

Footsies/Walkspeed data

So, unfortunately I'm extremely tired, and I'm moving in for senior year of college. So this is incomplete, and not as well tested as it should be, but here's what I got so far.

The question is how many times must any character walk/block to get from fullscreen to touch-distance in between Deathstroke's quickshots. I did this as opposed to a raw walkspeed measurement because it takes into account acceleration as opposed to pure speed. In footsies you aren't walking long distances. You are walking and stopping. I figured Deathstrokes quickshots would be an adequate time frame to test the walk in between. If you compare these results to raw walkspeed, you will find MASSIVE differences due to characters' different walkspeed acceleration.

Most startling is Zod's. This guy barely moves at all- though it's not as bad compared to other characters if you just see how long it takes to get from point A to point B. The rate at which he goes from standing still to actually moving is just soooooo dam slow.

Well, here are the results. The margin of error is my own reaction times, since I did this all manually, so don't take this as statistical certainty. I mostly hope this will just spark discussion on who needs walkspeed increases and who doesn't.

Question: How many times must this character walk/block before reaching Deathstroke from full-screen in between his quick shots?

Answers:

Black Adam: 4.75
Sinestro: 4.75
Zod: 10 (wow...)
Ares: 6
Scorpion: 8.5
Lobo: 7.5
Flash: 4
Nightwing: 7
Lex Luthor: 7
Batman: 5.5
Cyborg: 7
Green Arrow: 6
Superman: 5.75
Raven: 4
Aquaman: 6
Wonder Woman: 5.25
Joker: 7.5
Catwoman: 6
Harley Quinn: 7.5
Doomsday: 5.5
Bane: 5.5
Green Lantern: 5

If anyone runs this test on a character that I haven't done yet, let me know the results and I'll update this.

If you do the test with a character several times and get results that are consistently different then mine, let me know and I'll add that correction. I've not had enough time to test all of these as much as I'd like, so any different conclusion you have that's been tested more than twice (how much I did for each) is probably more accurate.

And to any Zod players, good luck with playing a footsies game :p ....I mean, wow, I guess he wants everyone to kneel so he can actually move half as fast as them....

*** Edit: Also, this is only FORWARD walk speed. Backwards walkspeed is important as well, unfortunately I haven't found the time yet to test that... ****

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
didn't Laos_boy do this yesterday? or did he measure something different... ? too lazy to double check.

good info anyway.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
didn't Laos_boy do this yesterday? or did he measure something different... ? too lazy to double check.

good info anyway.
He tested walking full screen. This tested walking, stopping then walking again to fullscreen. Some characters take a long time to get started walking, so this info is useful as this will be more what you're doing in footsie range (or trying to get distance on a zoner, if for some reason you're not dashing).

good info anyway.
His test was different. He tested raw walk speed, from the front to the back.

Mine tested walkspeed in the context of footsies- how far a character moves between having to stop to block. Since characters don't reach their maximum walkspeed immediately, the results come out different in this context.