What's new

Flowchart Nightwolf

HadesWTF

Don't Hate!
Nightwolf's F+3 string is damn fast and it looks like it hits low, but really it's high. Give me some tips on dealing with it midscreen and in the corner.
Okay.

Midscreen the number one thing you wanna do is exploit the distance on it. Which isn't much, most will follow up with 1 and a hatchet. Bait then then punish, because the recover (while fast) leaves time for it.

The corner is where it is more complicated. First thing, you never want to be in the corner with Nightwolf, its like being in bed with Hitler. So you main goal is to escape in this situation. The first thing to note is that NW can get you as your standing up with F+3 for a easy juggle and around 46% so you definitely don't want that. You need to crouch block as your getting up and then immediately stand up as the overhead will probably come after that. Then you want out so I hope you have a good jump, use it and create some distance. This is of course, assuming the NW follows that method. If they say....throw out lightning on your wakeup, then your in for some pain. Coincidentally if you have a wakeup teleport, use it.

The number one thing in the NW matchup is to avoid the corner at all costs. This is what makes Teleporters tougher fights for him. I know its hard to avoid the corner with EX Shoulder putting you there every minute or so, but Nightwolf excelles in the corner and it isn't somewhere you wanna be with him. I win 75% of my fights with NW through corner bullying.