What's new

Flawlwss Genesis Run

Mariso

Noob
Very nice dude - gotta love the music and speed in that one...I played yesterday this genesis version online with Thief for nostalgic times it was great, also my favorite was second stage music and the goro,s lair one as well! Good old konzole days hmmm

Genesis is my favorite version of MK1 for nostalgic reasons plus the fact its music is 10x's better then that of the arcade or any other home port.

Thief

Noob
genesis mk1 was my intro to mk. was at buddy's house, first fatality performed on me was scop's. moves like the spear, scorp tele, freeze, and others, along with mood/theme of game and finishers got me hooked. i ended up borrowing that game like forever till i got my own. at first i only knew a handfull of moves/finishers, till i found/ heard of others. nobody could tell me the raiden's fatality, buddy said it was t a a hp, never got it to work. i was dreamin i was playin mk and i tried agian raiden's fatality and accidenly added away by accident and it worked. so i got up and tried it and guess what, lol, true story.
i did play snes later as well, way better graphics, more voices, and such. thats also when i found out acade had best of both worlds, and my dream of owning arcade mk1 began. but i agree with Darkmoon and Dreafish on music(better than arcade/snes), but i also love sound affect of uppercut(smack) as well. fave tune is the pit(my brother likes this the best as well) followed by warrior shrine(moody/evil), the courtyard(really moody), palace gates(even though it's a 12 sec loop,lol), goro's lair( kinda quiet) and throne room(meh).
this game back in the day was my most played by far, even though i could' find many people to play it against, mostly cpu fights, lol. it was like i needed my mk1 fix every day. i remeber i was on a school trip and i only had game gear mk1(shutter). when i got home i turned on mk1 genesis, picked subzero, did freeze folowed by awsome sounding uppercut( ah, made me feel all better, and all i wanted to hear and feel) finished with fatality, turned it off, then discused trip with family, lol. it had some sort of evil grip on me.
mk1 arcade my fav, followed by gens for nostalgic memoriers of my youth, when playing videogames was way more fun, that's why i only play old school emulated games these days. that and playing games when i was younger seemed way more magical, probly cause as kids we have more vivid imagination and easier to get imersed into anything.
well if i write anymore im gonna have to turn this into a novel.

its the best to me becasue i played it the most as a child
Amen. And Darkmoon and I can agree the the music in the Genesis version is the shit!

Anyway, Good shit, Midas! I will admit, The MKII Flawless run is the best, but this one is also on my top favorites. I liked the Reptile glitch too. Excellent!

When you LK Raiden out of the torpedo, I lol'ed!

I love doing that to people, they expect the block, then I just stand there and they think "he's fallen for it!" then LK.

It pisses a fair few people off........

yathva

Noob
whoops, sorry! I got mixed up and posted in the wrong forum; I was confusing it with your mk2 run. That is what I meant. ignore my previous post, I need my brain servicing

Oh man, the Genesis version ruled. I still get the music from Palace Gates stuck in my head on a semi-regular basis. If my brother catches me humming it, he'll always join in. I don't know why; it's essentially the same thing for 15 seconds played on an endless loop, but it has charm.

Great run, by the way. I'm about halfway through now!

Oh man, the Genesis version ruled. I still get the music from Palace Gates stuck in my head on a semi-regular basis. If my brother catches me humming it, he'll always join in. I don't know why; it's essentially the same thing for 15 seconds played on an endless loop, but it has charm.

Great run, by the way. I'm about halfway through now!
Cheers dude!

My brother and I always seem to hum random video game themes, Microprose soccer for the C64 being one of our favourites.