What's new

Tech Flash Trait Cross Up

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Hey Flash mains. So, STB Gr8one06 and I were messing around in the lab, we found something interesting.

Doing (any string) lightning kick MB, Trait B3 ji3 x2, 32 lightning kick, Wait for them to drop and then do 32 again. (the last 32 should whiff)

What ends up happening, trait ends and 32 reverses their inputs.
The beauty of it is simple.. Its a cross up on the ground, reverses their block and inputs. You can also go for an ambiguous cross up immediately after. It makes it look like you dropped the combo on accident, when in reality you did not, and also gained a cross up.

So, what does this mean?

After getting the cross up, F21 Mb sonic pound MB is free if they don't anticipate this, and you will get 41%+36% damage in total. Yes, you kill them. I've done this to someone. They messaged me "Two combos? what the hell?" follow up with a ground pound or two, and they will be dead.
I recommend every flash main to try this, its dirty, and simple.

Example of what to try in practice:
B22 Lightning kick MB, trait B3 ji3 ji3 32 lightning kick, (now whiff this next input) 32. Get that cross up from 32, now do F21 lightning kick MB 11 F213 and now a far MB sonic pound for a cross up. it s alot of damage in total
@Zyphox @lorenzo @LEGEND @SaJa @xFriction_Burnx @The_SNKE @GGA Dizzy @Bluez @r3cursi0n @Ironheart @Squeaker101@Superi0rMagik @dagnasty138 @MAPUSA @Shady @Hellion_96 @Mvskokee @Sub-0110 @chronos411 @LizardLard @Reptile Orion@dagnasty138 @DuskAlloy @DEEGAMER00

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
full combo damage is better :p but yeah man seriously thanks for that look out.
Before you could do b22 MB close pound on block or hit for crossover reset , but I think they patched it with the 1.03 patch( didn't really try it yet).

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah you have stuff like sonic pound MB, trait, dash, 3, 2, LK, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2. Around 42%.

We need to have a reset which does +50%. I can do it more or less constantly : string, LK/GP MB, trait, LKx4, b2, 2, LK, 3, 2 but there is no crossup here.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
It doesn't matter on what we need, just adds to flash's arsenal.
Its about being versatile and consistent. trying to do what ever I can to up-play this way if flash ever gets abuff, it will be luxury.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Thanks to this tech I got my first online hatemail. Went to the lab for a couple of minutes to see if this was applicable to a normal bnb, and I got mixed results. Tested it on green lantern with my brother doing the inputs for his wake up and the best bnb for reversed inputs while staying safe for me was; Any string into, mb lk's, 32,32(32-36%), and then whiff 32. Reversed his inputs 8 times outta ten still random to me but useful(still testing on the broad cast).

I also found a way to land 32 string restand(if you hit the first kick but whiff the second one in the string they restand). Any string into mb lk's, trait, lk, lk,lk,3,lk,b2,lk, walk back just a bit and then 32(45-48%). The second kick will whiff causing a restand(tested on green lantern, nightwing and flash), its huge risk because it leaves you at -12, good tricky gimmick if they have a lack of match up experience.

Oh and hello flash forums! new here.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Thanks to this tech I got my first online hatemail. Went to the lab for a couple of minutes to see if this was applicable to a normal bnb, and I got mixed results. Tested it on green lantern with my brother doing the inputs for his wake up and the best bnb for reversed inputs while staying safe for me was; Any string into, mb lk's, 32,32(32-36%), and then whiff 32. Reversed his inputs 8 times outta ten still random to me but useful(still testing on the broad cast).

I also found a way to land 32 string restand(if you hit the first kick but whiff the second one in the string they restand). Any string into mb lk's, trait, lk, lk,lk,3,lk,b2,lk, walk back just a bit and then 32(45-48%). The second kick will whiff causing a restand(tested on green lantern, nightwing and flash), its huge risk because it leaves you at -12, good tricky gimmick if they have a lack of match up experience.

Oh and hello flash forums! new here.
Oh yeah people found stuff on he restand actually
unfortunately on the restand, we're not at advantage and if they mash wake up we ge pwnt!
but dude good for you the tech is working, man, seriously :)
Good luck
Welcome to TYM, and the Flash forums

BoricuaHeat

If the restand would just leave Flash neutral ahh happy thoughts. Either way just screwing with someones inputs is just evil(I love it)! If I could just get this to work of a mb lighting charge fullscreen punish 50/50 for days!

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
seems very useful thanks a lot. Also (not sure if it works in this exact combo but definetly in a different variation I can explain if needed) if you time the 32 right on hit it can leave them standing. You are at disadvantage so It's not worth it, but it can be gimmicky I guess. Idt good to know I guess. IT has potential

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
seems very useful thanks a lot. Also (not sure if it works in this exact combo but definetly in a different variation I can explain if needed) if you time the 32 right on hit it can leave them standing. You are at disadvantage so It's not worth it, but it can be gimmicky I guess. Idt good to know I guess. IT has potential
the cross up is better we've been trying to get something with that restand, its not very good lol :(

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I'm quite sure we can use the end of the trait timing to be at frame advantage after a 3, 2 reset. The question is : "what combo ?"

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
the cross up is better we've been trying to get something with that restand, its not very good lol :(
yeah it's annoying, but I'm loving the new buff on mb super man type move (idc what the name is) on block. If your opponent is on low health and you throw it cause on hit it will kill them and it hits them it will kill them before it even meter burns and on block leaves you at advantage for a good postition. Also now you can plus after a blocked f21 string. Also if your opponent is in the corner it leads to really good corner pressure or a decent combo on hit.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I'm quite sure we can use the end of the trait timing to be at frame advantage after a 3, 2 reset. The question is : "what combo ?"
Lol yeah that's the problem. But the way the reset works is flash hit your opponent with 32 and the begining part of the 2 hits them and then wiffs for the reset. Unless there's really weird properties or a glitch you shouldn't be able wiff hits in front of an opponent and still be at advantage.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The trait slow their frame advantage. Here is the solution, doing max damage + reset right before the trait ends.

BoricuaHeat

SaJa I went to the lab for a good bite of time and found a combo 2 combos with the reset stacked to trait still being active(tested on Superman).

B2,2 into mb lk's(mb sonic pound), trait, then lk, lk, lk, and then walk forward just a step for a d2, and then step back a bit then 32, timing, is awkward but it works. Got it on record(40 something %), this is the most advantage I have discovered that you can get out of the standing reset while getting good damage in.

You can even jump/backdash/phase before a superman player can mash out the kryptonian crush(shortcut super) the other combo is the same but add in an extra lk before d2 for extra damage, however this grants less advantage and can be punished by Supes(only Supes).