What's new

Tech Flash trait combo standing reset tech!!!

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Sup flash forums! I've been on TYM looking through the forums for quite some time already, but this is my very first post!! Anyways ive been a flash main since i got IGAU (Tru3Ta1ent got me maining the flash with his awesome videos, probably the most influential person to alot of flash mains!) and im here to bring you a really awesome tech i found!

So like the title says, after a trait combo you can get a standing reset to mixup your opponent and do more damage.

The combo is: B22 >> MB Sonic Pound >>Trait >> dash foward >> LK LK LK >>B22 >> LK>>D2 >>32
-48% Standing Reset

Basically, the 32 whiffs as the trait is ending and causes a standing reset.The execution isn't that difficult, will take some practice though. If testing this out, set reset position to the corner so you have open map to do this. I tried doing it midscreen but if the opponent is pushed to the corner the 32 doesnt whiff, meaning you wont get the reset.

I tested this on Ares,Batman,Superman,Aquaman,Black Adam and Lex Luthor. Works on them and i'm pretty sure it works on all characters.

For followups after this setup, you can go for:
-Crossup J2
-D123
-F23
-D3
-F3
(Basically anything because it puts the opponent in perfect range for flash!,except for throw.)
This will help flash keep his pressure up greatly!

Hopefully I can upload a video later tonight! Comment, let me know what you guys think!

Check out Tru3Ta1ent!
Youtube Channel! - http://www.youtube.com/user/TrU3Ta1ent?feature=watch
Twitch! - http://www.twitch.tv/tru3ta1ent

Zyphox
Krayzie
BoricuaHeat
iitRueii
SEV
AK Harold
SaJa
Xenrail
DoctrineDark
AYSAMO
@any other flash mains who i should tag, people should see this!

SEV

Noob
EDIT: Only the first hit of the 2 in 32 should connect to anyone wondering. Was doing it incorrectly initially but the reset leaves you at 0 frame advantage for 43%. Might still be doing it wrong though.

thatgoon24

Morphio24
The very last hit of 32 is the only hit that should connect to anyone wondering. Also man, good job finding it, but I just tested this and reset leaves Flash at around -4, so doing it would sacrifice damage and give the opponent a chance to pressure. Either way, glad to see new people taking Flash into the lab, keep with it man and you'll find stuff. I may be doing it wrong though as I am only getting 43%, not 48%.

The first and last hit of 32 should whiff and only the second hit connect. I think you are doing it wrong because its 48% when i do it. I dont know how much advantage or disadvantage it leaves you at though, so we should definitely look into that. Ill try to post a video! but i have homework :( so it may be here late tonight. anyone is free to make one though if they can!

SEV

Noob
The first and last hit of 32 should whiff and only the second hit connect. I think you are doing it wrong because its 48% when i do it. I dont know how much advantage or disadvantage it leaves you at though, so we should definitely look into that. Ill try to post a video! but i have homework :( so it may be here late tonight. anyone is free to make one though if they can!
Yeah, fixed my timing but I'm still only getting 43%, are you jumping in for extra damage? Not sure why my damage is off.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
48% for no wakeups and no pressure (coz you negative so you gotta back dash) while you can get 61% + wakeups threat. That's why this boricuaheat's old tech has never been used by flash players. :\

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Yoooo, I thought no one could remind me of this! I have expanded upon this tech since July. Enough of that. Good shit finding it all on your own man!

Now the better combo to go for this reset is from Lighting kicks into trait, then LK x 5, d2, 32 (max of 48% damage). Leaves you at +20 allowing you to go for a 50/50 or some frame traps. If you opt to remove one LK before going for the d2 (sacrifice 5%), you have enough time to convert to another trait combo meterless with flying uppercut from this reset which adds up to another 30%. I was planning on including this for my big post I have been working on for quite some time so stay tuned!

Again props for finding this!

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Yeah, fixed my timing but I'm still only getting 43%, are you jumping in for extra damage? Not sure why my damage is off.
No i'm not jumping in, it comes straight off from the b22 starter. Hmm maybe you are missing a Lighning Kick? That's my only guess for why you're 5% off. It's 3 Lightning kicks then b22 then another Lightning kick, so really 4 lightning kicks in total. The whole combo looks like this, B22 >> MB Sonic Pound >>Trait >> dash foward >> LK LK LK >>B22 >> LK>>D2 >>32.
ohhhhhhhh I see, its not your fault, I typed the inputs wrong. ill edit that lol. yea do that combo above and you should be getting 48%

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Yoooo, I thought no one could remind me of this! I have expanded upon this tech since July. Enough of that. Good shit finding it all on your own man!

Now the better combo to go for this reset is from Lighting kicks into trait, then LK x 5, d2, 32 (max of 48% damage). Leaves you at +20 allowing you to go for a 50/50 or some frame traps. If you opt to remove one LK before going for the d2 (sacrifice 5%), you have enough time to convert to another trait combo meterless with flying uppercut from this reset which adds up to another 30%. I was planning on including this for my big post I have been working on for quite some time so stay tuned!

Again props for finding this!
Thx I got so hyped when I found this! Finding tech is always self rewarding, but im just glad to help even if its just reminding you of old tech.

Anyways, I did your Lightning Kick combo but im not getting 48% only 41%? Idk what im doing wrong? But leaving flash at plus 20 after a reset sounds really good! shouldn't a lot of flash players be using this then? This combo is a lot better too because you can do it midscreen and still get the reset! Online though, the 5 LK is kinda hard to do. Really excited for your big post! don't make us wait too long!

BoricuaHeat

Thx I got so hyped when I found this! Finding tech is always self rewarding, but im just glad to help even if its just reminding you of old tech.

Anyways, I did your Lightning Kick combo but im not getting 48% only 41%? Idk what im doing wrong? But leaving flash at plus 20 after a reset sounds really good! shouldn't a lot of flash players be using this then? This combo is a lot better too because you can do it midscreen and still get the reset! Online though, the 5 LK is kinda hard to do. Really excited for your big post! don't make us wait too long!
Been wanting to post it for a while but I don't want to clutter so much info without getting to the point and explaining it all in depth.

Try doing b22, MB lighting kicks, trait, lkx5, d2, 32. That should be at least 47% leaving you at the bare minimum of +10 frame advantage, the factor about this reset is execution, if you have pinpoint perfect inputs you can get +20 frame advantage and they cannot back dash the 50/50. You can also do this standing reset meter less from a trait combo while retaining advantage while sacrificing the necessary 8% to gain access to this pressure. Still looking for optimal damage. I feel Flash can break 49% into this reset.

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Been wanting to post it for a while but I don't want to clutter so much info without getting to the point and explaining it all in depth.

Try doing b22, MB lighting kicks, trait, lkx5, d2, 32. That should be at least 47% leaving you at the bare minimum of +10 frame advantage, the factor about this reset is execution, if you have pinpoint perfect inputs you can get +20 frame advantage and they cannot back dash the 50/50. You can also do this standing reset meter less from a trait combo while retaining advantage while sacrificing the necessary 8% to gain access to this pressure. Still looking for optimal damage. I feel Flash can break 49% into this reset.
Yup just got 47% ^_^ is this reset viable though? should we be going for the reset instead of the normal 50+ trait combo? Also standing reset meterless sounds really dirty! if we have trait but no meter we can do the reset! and if we have meter but no trait we can do the reset! resets for everyone! lol

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
I almost came in here to write this off as useless, because leaving you at 0 isn't really a huge advantage for sacrificing 13% damage into a hard knockdown (which is already really really good haha). But BoricuaHeat is on to something with his +20 stuff... here's some examples I recorded of how I'm probably gonna implement this into my game :). So with that, really good shit thatgoon24 for bringing up this concept again, because I honestly thought there was no legit way to use that standing reset effectively. I'm so happy to be wrong! Oh, and welcome to the Flash community :)

Btw, I did these using the LKx4 version because I was too lazy to practice the 5x one haha, I can do it now though ;)

Again, good stuff to both BoricuaHeat and thatgoon24!

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I almost came in here to write this off as useless, because leaving you at 0 isn't really a huge advantage for sacrificing 13% damage into a hard knockdown (which is already really really good haha). But BoricuaHeat is on to something with his +20 stuff... here's some examples I recorded of how I'm probably gonna implement this into my game :). So with that, really good shit thatgoon24 for bringing up this concept again, because I honestly thought there was no legit way to use that standing reset effectively. I'm so happy to be wrong! Oh, and welcome to the Flash community :)

Btw, I did these using the LKx4 version because I was too lazy to practice the 5x one haha, I can do it now though ;)

Again, good stuff to both BoricuaHeat and thatgoon24!
I better see this in action tomorrow!!:D

I liked it cuz of the Attack on Titan icon :p but yes I believe something similar was discovered, but more vids of examples is a plus. Add it to the tech vid post when you can and thank you for the contribution.

thatgoon24

Morphio24
What am I doing wrong here??

F21 LK mb trait LKx4 uppercut 32. Uppercut whiffs every time. :(
Its all about execution, just work on your timing. Here is something that helps me out, when doing the LKx4 in trait, you cant let the body get to low to the ground or the D2 will whiff. If you notice the body slowly sinking to the floor try to speed up your LK inputs. I think just above Flash's waist, so torso head area, is where it should be. Also, do the D2 immediately after the last LK. Hope this helps!

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Small detail that I found with this reset. It seems that with small characters (Raven, Harley etc) you HAVE to do the 5x LK version...or time the 32 super late or something (maybe not). Just something to think about before you drop your trait combo and get blown up lol.

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Small detail that I found with this reset. It seems that with small characters (Raven, Harley etc) you HAVE to do the 5x LK version...or time the 32 super late or something (maybe not). Just something to think about before you drop your trait combo and get blown up lol.
I just tested this against harley and i seemed to get it with 4x LK, heres a vid ^_^

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
I just tested this against harley and i seemed to get it with 4x LK, heres a vid ^_^
Hmmm, I'll have to test it out some more. I was using B22 as my starter, maybe that has something to do with it.

Edit: Yep, try the B22 or F21 starter. No cigar on the 4x version

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Can you jump /w the IA to check out the frame advantage guys ? Can you do it consistently online ?

I found one similar with 32 whiffing causing a reset and it was a negative reset. This means you reset your opponent but you are at negative frames. Make sure you verify this with your reset.

BoricuaHeat

I got time to make a video going into detail on this reset so be on the lookout for that.

Doombawkz Thanks for sigggggg (now if only I knew how to put in sig)! Now with Dalmatian and Pug, Injustice will know everything of true strength and speed! I am enjoying this too much!

SaJa I am landing this 5 out of 10 times on a 3 bar connection with the LKx5 version, you get used to the timing.

I'm gonna experiment with trait frame advantage to see if you could trap them with pressure like this, d1,d2 into LK forward dash, d1. Video should be up in an hour or two, and then next after that finish up my freaking big post or refine from top to bottom, I want all Flash players to be informed of this sticky and everything!